[VIC] [CRUISE] 9th of Jan 2011 - Black Spur Run

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
Barring natural disaster or an act of <insert deity here> my car will be ready in time for sure:D

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
yeah and?:) sif you dont love the sound of my voice!

Typical phone call:

Steve: "Hello?"
Me: "Steeeeeve i broke it/dunno how it works/can't figure this out/how do i tie my shoes?"

Oh yeah you never explained... how do i remove the restrictor on the clutch line?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Shit sorry dude! You need to bypass it with a small section of steel pipe. Dont worry about it for now, next year when I do mine I'll make a few for the boys.

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
Well looks like i WILL be riding with one of you boys on this cruise.... Car was meant to be driving today but something's gone wwrrronnnggg. And now i'm dumping it in a tangled, broken mess on steve's lap on tuesday. It's his problem now:)

So close, yet so far away. We were bleeding the clutch when i realised something wasn't quite right with the clutch fork's position...

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Look at some of esemte's posts from way back. I think he had the same problem

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
not to worry snotty you can ride with me. Also i may have my new control in by then

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Major apologies, but I will not be able to make this cruise. I have not been able to get the major service done and I also am still to diagnose my AYC problem. I don't want to drive 500-odd kms (quickly) with those issues hanging over the car.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Haha yeah about that.. It kinda doesn't go. Again.

I tried to be an auto elec again... :001_unsure:

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
so its a smouldering shell? lol

(touch wood it isnt)

what did you try and do?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Nah the opposite. No spark! Just wired in an RSM, thinking that the RPM signal is getting screwed up or something. Just gotta retrace my steps and it'll be sweet, I'm sure.

The wiring at the ECU is absolutely horrible, if I get a chance I'll upload a pic on the blog! The RPM signal from the ECU to the dash is carried by half a speaker wire, for example...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I've had a week off work and haven't even looked at it. I really need to get myself organised... :banghead:

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
Do it Tim, if i can get this far getting my own bucket almost ready for the cruise then you can fix your dodgy wiring:)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
... I for-see allot of time on the phone with you Alex :p

Well looks like i WILL be riding with one of you boys on this cruise.... Car was meant to be driving today but something's gone wwrrronnnggg. And now i'm dumping it in a tangled, broken mess on steve's lap on tuesday. It's his problem now:)

So close, yet so far away. We were bleeding the clutch when i realised something wasn't quite right with the clutch fork's position...

WHAT DID I SAY!!!!!!!

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Woo fkn Hoo I finally have my car back in my possession ready to cruise the mountains.

Top Bottom