Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
The route seems to be a winner! Lets see if we can get some feedback about when to make this happen!

Poll is multiple choice, Please select Day and Time.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
And we definitely need to agree/improve on the route. The Christmas Party last year was somewhat interesting!

(and yes yes I know. Bucks' Nights before cruise = no no)

G

Unregistered
down to lorne or torquay for the day BBQ

down to lorne or torquay for the day BBQ

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Through Colac to Apollo Bay then back up GOR? Everyone raves about the GOR but the Colac-Apollo Bay road is the best in Victoria I reckon.

Just give me plenty of notice as I might actually have to loosen the purse strings a bit. I've told myself I'm not going to that bit of road til I have power.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
OK we will need to organise a meet point. what works best fo you guys???

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
i would say the appollo bay route as well... it is one of hte nicest routes that you will find in vic and plenty of twisties... But i most likely wouldnt be able to come anyway due to my work hours and what not... but then again you never know

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
There would still be a lot of highway driving in that one, and apollo bay is quite a long distance, especially if you are not overnighting it and have to come all the way back.

I would still throw this idea into the ring.

[gmap]<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&amp;saddr=Diamond+Creek+Rd&amp;daddr=Main+Hurstbridge+Rd+to:Wattle+Glen+Rd+to:Kangaroo+Ground+St+Andrews+Rd+to:Heidelberg+Kinglake+Rd+to:Healesville+Kinglake+Rd+to:Healesville+Kinglake+Rd+to:Healesville+Kinglake+Rd+to:Maroondah+Hwy+to:Maroondah+Hwy+to:Marysville+Rd+to:Warburton+Wood+Point+Rd+to:Warburton+Hwy+to:Healesville+Koo+Wee+Rup+Rd+to:Maroondah+Hwy+to:Myers+Creek+Rd+to:Healesville+Kinglake+Rd+to:Melba+Hwy+to:Eltham+Yarra+Glen+Rd+to:-37.679422,145.123408&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FZ4Pwf0dKGmmCA%3BFThDwf0dY0qnCA%3BFVv0wP0d_NOnCA%3BFewywv0dsZioCA%3BFbVKw_0d5LmpCA%3BFZ5kw_0dyuaqCA%3BFTYdw_0dfOOrCA%3BFX6Bwf0dQB-sCA%3BFRqFwf0dLoysCA%3BFRgiw_0dlryuCA%3BFdanw_0d0PWvCA%3BFRbZwv0dxk-yCA%3BFcGFv_0dD56sCA%3BFbopwf0dIlGsCA%3BFVh_wf0diIGsCA%3BFZUJw_0dvgesCA%3BFZ5kw_0dyuaqCA%3BFVB4wf0dXkSqCA%3BFWDmwP0dqBCoCA%3B&amp;mra=dme&amp;mrcr=17&amp;mrsp=19&amp;sz=16&amp;via=8&amp;sll=-37.681375,145.1283&amp;sspn=0.00827,0.019312&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=-37.627284,145.501556&amp;spn=0.522069,0.878906&amp;z=10&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&amp;saddr=Diamond+Creek+Rd&amp;daddr=Main+Hurstbridge+Rd+to:Wattle+Glen+Rd+to:Kangaroo+Ground+St+Andrews+Rd+to:Heidelberg+Kinglake+Rd+to:Healesville+Kinglake+Rd+to:Healesville+Kinglake+Rd+to:Healesville+Kinglake+Rd+to:Maroondah+Hwy+to:Maroondah+Hwy+to:Marysville+Rd+to:Warburton+Wood+Point+Rd+to:Warburton+Hwy+to:Healesville+Koo+Wee+Rup+Rd+to:Maroondah+Hwy+to:Myers+Creek+Rd+to:Healesville+Kinglake+Rd+to:Melba+Hwy+to:Eltham+Yarra+Glen+Rd+to:-37.679422,145.123408&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=FZ4Pwf0dKGmmCA%3BFThDwf0dY0qnCA%3BFVv0wP0d_NOnCA%3BFewywv0dsZioCA%3BFbVKw_0d5LmpCA%3BFZ5kw_0dyuaqCA%3BFTYdw_0dfOOrCA%3BFX6Bwf0dQB-sCA%3BFRqFwf0dLoysCA%3BFRgiw_0dlryuCA%3BFdanw_0d0PWvCA%3BFRbZwv0dxk-yCA%3BFcGFv_0dD56sCA%3BFbopwf0dIlGsCA%3BFVh_wf0diIGsCA%3BFZUJw_0dvgesCA%3BFZ5kw_0dyuaqCA%3BFVB4wf0dXkSqCA%3BFWDmwP0dqBCoCA%3B&amp;mra=dme&amp;mrcr=17&amp;mrsp=19&amp;sz=16&amp;via=8&amp;sll=-37.681375,145.1283&amp;sspn=0.00827,0.019312&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=-37.627284,145.501556&amp;spn=0.522069,0.878906&amp;z=10&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>[/gmap]

I have done this loop a few times and it is pretty epic. Starts at the Caltex Servo on Diamond Creek road in Plenty. Lots of places to stop along the way. Takes in a lot of the bushfire areas so it would be good to stop a couple of times along the route to inject some money into the economy of the area. Could buy meat from a butchers up there or something and have a bbq somewhere.

Feel free to modify the map to make it shorter or to go a different route. as it stands, it takes about 8 hours to do that route there. We could do the black spur, then turn around at Narbethong and then do it in reverse to get back to healsville to cut out the reefton spur so the cruise does not take too long or something.

Anyways, just another suggestion...

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
That's exactly the cruise I was thinking Chris, well done man.

Its all awesome driving country and there might even be some snow up there soon! Plus you get some nice curves making it a whole lot more interesting than just booting down a freeway.

G

Unregistered
I think i would rather Marysville then GOR, but that is because i have done GOR to the max over the last few years (already been down there twice this year)

How about a poll?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I'm in for the Yarra Valley Cruise.

The girl (who's role since the bushfires is to help rehabilitate the area) has just given me advice that the roads are fine but to be "a little sensitive" whilst driving through Marysville.

Definitely recommend a stop there. Not to gawk but to put some cash into the local economy too.

Cheers!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
+1 for Yarra Valley. GOR will have too many tourists and slowpokes hogging the road.

When were we thinking about doing this?

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
I think this is a great suggestion, the roads are fantastic.

When are you thinking of doing this?

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
The bakery at Marysville survived the fires just. They got very very close. Not too sure if it is open yet though. that would be a good place to stop for lunch as it is about half way through the cruise if we do the loop through to the reefton spur.

Alternatively, if we cut it a bit shorter and turn around at Narbethong and head back through the black spur, we could get lunch at the Healsville bakery. It is really nice there and have a tonne of food. Or there is a park next to that with BBQs if people would prefer that.

I reckon a good time would be in two weeks time from now on either Saturday 23rd or Sunday 24th. Gives everybody a bit of time to prepare, plus most people should get another pay day in there as well so the bank accounts do take a huge hit.

Both days would be quite busy along the black spur, but for the rest of the roads, Saturday is probably the better day in my opinion as there is not as many motorbikes out.

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Winton track day for me, not sure if anyone else from here is going, just letting you know. :)

G

Unregistered
vr4

From Westgate Shell Servo To Torquay Them to Lorne Then To Apollo Bay for the day BBQ Photo Shoot and A Good time And the drive Back to Melbourne??????

Attachments

• VR4 CRUZ.JPG
    VR4 CRUZ.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 18

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I'm planning on being in Adelaide for Drift Super Cup that weekend. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to a cruise on the other side of Melb at all so don't let my plans stop you!

G

Unregistered
guys check the victoria section there is a cruise on this saturday hope you guys can make it. great mixture of mit's comming including evo etc....

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Bump! Poll now added. If you have and more suggestions, please throw them up.

Top Bottom