WARNING : Trademe Hardpipe intercooler kit

G

Unregistered
managed to get a hold of the upper section of this kit that joins the 2 turbo's...
its all alloy...

here's the auction I bought it thru...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=152524119

here's where he bought it from...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=144902786

here's the trader that sells them StreetBtiz...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listings.aspx?member=401227

I bought this with the intension of changing its slightly to fit with my 3" pipe work, I thought I would test fit before changing any of it...

here's what I found...

this fitment is total CRAP! to say the least...

the rear turbo pipe when bolted in place sits hard up against the clutch fluid cup,
and the up against the under side of the factory strut brace,

this is because the flange that bolts to the turbo outlet is not in the right place, its at least 5mm out... cut and re-weld to fix this.

now the found pipe... its even worse, only one bracket fits in place and that's the one on the front rocker cover one.

the turbo outlet pipe does sit down into the turbo outlet nor is it even aligned straight.

the pipe that goes to connect with the rear turbo section is not aligned.
the bracket at that end is also well out no where near bolting up.

the end that heads down to the cooler. is hard up against the power steering fluid cup.

also the bracket that the bolts to the turbo is soft as cheese, and not suitable for the job its ment to do.

also the welds may look ok on the out side, but far from being acceptable on the inside,
they have not been cleanup properly, and there where a few daggy bit which could come loose and go into your motor.

I do not have the rest of the kit to review but if this is anything to go by,
it will be a pile of crap! I would not recommend this to anyone

Attachments

• DSC02458 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02458 (Medium).JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC02459 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02459 (Medium).JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC02460 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02460 (Medium).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC02461 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02461 (Medium).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC02462 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02462 (Medium).JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 122
G

Unregistered
more pic's of crappy fit...

Attachments

• DSC02463 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02463 (Medium).JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC02464 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02464 (Medium).JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02465 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02465 (Medium).JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC02466 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02466 (Medium).JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC02467 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02467 (Medium).JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 83

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
That StreetBitz guy caused a bit of trouble here last week - some conflict with Ivan from x3somethingorothermotorsports and then StreetBitz started spamming all of us when Van took his post down.

Sounds like a no-go to me.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
that's terrible.. even if you only paid $500 for it..

Carsten, did you end up fitting it all?!

G

Unregistered
no just did the test fit an hour ago, and thought id post,
back to my original setup...

i bought it for $156 + shipping, (no joiners or clamps included)
(upper pipes only)

im gonna have to spend a few hours and a bit of cash getting it corrected,

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Did you try contact the seller first to see if it was just a single dud and if he would exchange it? Dont get me wrong, its shit fit, anyone can see that but there is a chance it was a 1 off incorrect pipe.

G

Unregistered
i didnt buy its directly from him, one guy bought the complete kit from him,
decided to keep the factory upper pipe,

so no comeback for me.
and to be honest with the crap StreetBitz has said on here, im not gonna waste any time on him,

ill fix it myself, and just take it as a learning curve.

G

Unregistered
[sb] i don't like him. Be sells 202 headers. And says there 304. But just to put my 2 cents in. The pipe rubbing on the oil bottles. move the oil bottles!! You wanna try fit a wrx gc8 kit! The pipe. With the missing gap. Wheres the 2.5" straight silicon?!! duh And the turbo pipe not fitting. is a angry point. However. Sometimes things just suck! And you need to make them fit. Cu the pipe. And use a silicon joiner. You pay something like ??900-1200 a kit ?? A lot cheaper than a pro making it custom for you. Smile

G

Unregistered
looking at the pipe hitting the strut tower. It is not in line. With the other pipe. Use the 2.5" and it would look level. and not hit.? Only small annoying problem. i see is the turbo pipe not fitting well. Cut it! Put a silicon in it. Perfect! Over complaining. I think :) By the way! we have legnum piping as well. But the Y bend is slightly different. Only problem with SB is the turbo pipe. Cut it. And joiner it. Perfect :D ( edited x2 )

G

Unregistered
yeh ill be cutting this up and re-welding it so it fits correctly,

moving the bottles is not an option, or worth the hassel of trying to make it fit.

BTW, im Real_Shady on trademe thought i would check out your kit,

im am complianing and warning, so no one else buys this crap.

it may cost $1000 for a complete kit, but for that cash i would expect it to fit perfectly,
not having to spend a few hundred more to fix it. shouldnt have to...

when something is sold as being a direct replacement, it should be,
i shouldnt have to chop and change pieces

had a quote for $1200 to custom make it, (complete replacement exclusive of IC)

to expensive IMO, did the work myself, and thought i would make it a little easier and buy the upper pipe pre-made,

but with the extra cash/time im now spending to fix this i may aswell have done the whole lot myself.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
looking at the pipe hitting the strut tower. It is not inline. With the other pipe. Use the 2.5" and it would look level. and not hit.? Only small annoying problem. i see is the turbo pipe not fitting well. Cut it! Put a silicon init. Perfect! Over complaining. I think :) By the way! we have legnum piping as well. But the Y bend is slightly different. Only problem with SB is the turbo pipe. Cut it. And joiner it. Perfecto :D

Yeah but the problem with cutting and connecting with joiners is they are not lipped connections and which is relatively important IMO especially with boost levels over 15PSI. I had a cordia with 14PSI and there was one dodgey pipe that was cut short and not lipped and would slowly work its was way off no matter how hard I did up the hose clamp.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Dayne - I know what you're saying, but if a kit is sold as a direct replacement you expect everything to fit just fine.

If it was advertised as saying that it might be close or touching various things in the engine bay, then that would be ok, but of course noone would buy the kit.

Carsten knows what he is doing, and as far as I'm concerned from his experience alone I'm going to take his side and say the kit is crap

G

Unregistered
I hav personally seen [sb] legnum piping. And they are very dangerous inside. If our kits have bad insides. I would make point of it. In all advertising. In saying that Its a very complicated kit. Iv delt with many of not fitting kits. From others in the past. If it was a hks or greddy i would. Expect it to be perfect! Trademe kits... mmm. Or [sb] no :) DSR Kits are fine. However - our Piping arrived in NZ on Monday. The Y bend is slightly different. And uses a silicon joiner. After seeing this forum. And after reviewing my own. I will make point. On any listing we do. The turbo pipe. I see from the images. Is the pcs. That would annoy me. And valid point. The pipe may very well slide off! If cut.A circuler weld would need to be done. Anyway - In saying that. Looking at the SB kit. It is an extremely!! Complicated difficult piping kit. To be tooled. To make. Im glad Start of thread made point of notice for me to see this. Before we did our own cheers :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
For Me. To read. Your English!!! Not good to see. Many problems to read. Is not English you speak? Corrrect ! Me give you super answers 100% !

Please spend less time making crappy kits for our cars, & more time learning the English language, spelling & grammar.

G

Unregistered
For Me. To read. Your English!!! Not good to see. Many problems to read. Is not English you speak? Corrrect ! Me give you super answers 100% !

Please spend less time making crappy kits for our cars, & more time learning the English language, spelling & grammar.

1) Not the seller of this poor quality trademe kit
2) A known & registered performance parts company in NZ, i have one of their wastegates on my car
3) A little less spam, and a little more of taking your own advice?
4) Mods should be pulling posts like these, makes OZVR4 an unfriendly place..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
No wonder Ivan is checking and re-checking his kits

Ivan just confirmed to me that he hasn't got his stock yet (still at customs) and he hasn't seen any of the finished product (mass produced items) in person

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
1) Not the seller of this poor quality trademe kit
2) A known & registered performance parts company in NZ, i have one of their wastegates on my car
3) A little less spam, and a little more of taking your own advice?
4) Mods should be pulling posts like these, makes OZVR4 an unfriendly place..

I'm sorry, but to accuse Gly of, & I quote, "Over complaining", that got right up my spine. Then to see his multiple posts, they were absolutely painful to read. People who've met me will say I'm a friendly guy ! Plus, my fiance is both physically & mentally disabled from a massive car accident, & her English & grammar is far better than what I read from their posts.....

I was forced to act. We won't tolerate criticism of Gly, he is our God.

All bow to his mighty wisdom he dispenses.

Top Bottom