WARNING : Trademe Hardpipe intercooler kit

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Ivan just confirmed to me that he hasn't got his stock yet (still at customs) and he hasn't seen any of the finished product (mass produced items) in person

Ah well in that case..."No wonder Ivan WILL be checking..." :ROFLMAO:

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
I second that Lee, I was just reading it then.

Back on topic.

I agree with Gly and Brad, if you expect an item to REPLACE something factory, then you should not be expected to be cutting and adding bits and peices!

Crap kit!

G

Unregistered
I dont see whats all the fuss about this, coz my mate bought a kit from Streetbitz for his VR4 and it fitted perfect...and he also said that there was no problems with the other (about 20 kits ) that they sold. So why dont you all give this guy a break.

At least he went out of his way to design a kit for the VR4's which no one had done before and now everyone wants to copy the kit and take credit for his work......I am definately getting one kit for my vr4.

..........all you guys can do is criticise, GLY must have got that 1 off pipe that was not right...and whoever he bought it from could have asked for a replacement, rather than creating all this silly arguments.

Mrk_VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1998 VR-4 Legnum
True Gly may have got a "1 off pipe that was not right" or it could be a common problem. I'm actually meant to be going down to the bank to pay for one of these kits today which i contacted streetbiz last week about purchasing, but after seeing this and looking at his feedback on trademe i'm not so sure now. In his feedback there are a couple of other people who have said the same as gly about the kit not fitting properly and being of poor quality workmanship and construction, so it would appear that Gly is not the only one with a pipe thats not right. I think i might wait a bit and look for some proof that these kits are actually ok before laying down some of my hard earned.

Thats said, even if you bought the kit and had to have a few modifications done it would probably still be cheaper than having it custom done for you.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
VR4-KIWI, Excuse our criticizm about the FMIC kit.. but since StreetBitz started PM'ing the members about his kit. To me, that's like pushing people to buy his supposed kit.. from what I've gathered and what everyone else is saying, alot of owners here would most likely prefer to see a kit that is FITTED on an actual running car (with close up pics of course), rather than just the kit on a display.. and also if StreetBitz have sold alot of this kit.. why aren't we seeing or hearing it on forums like this or others like Msport and specifically CVR4 which is dedicated to 8th gen vr4's

If he can/does show us pictures/proof that his kits are straight fit.. then he's backing up his claims that the FMIC kits he's selling DO actually fit.. I'm pretty sure that his sales will shoot through the roof...

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
I dont see whats all the fuss about this, coz my mate bought a kit from Streetbitz for his VR4 and it fitted perfect...and he also said that there was no problems with the other (about 20 kits ) that they sold. So why dont you all give this guy a break.

At least he went out of his way to design a kit for the VR4's which no one had done before and now everyone wants to copy the kit and take credit for his work......I am definately getting one kit for my vr4.

..........all you guys can do is criticise, GLY must have got that 1 off pipe that was not right...and whoever he bought it from could have asked for a replacement, rather than creating all this silly arguments.

That's what I'm wondering if its a one off... seeing Gly only bought the Y-Pipe, maybe it was from a returned kit and was mistaken as a working kit?:confused: Maybe we should just wait for Streetbtz's comeback before making too many assumptions.:)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Didn't Van ban StreetBitz from here after the PM Spam hoo-ha?

Van the man, does the ban... lol

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
They weren't necessarily banned but just suspended until extrememotorsport and streetbitz resolves the piping copy conflict. Just got to wait and see.:)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
There was no racial slur intended.... in fact I apologise if it looked that way.

I was more thinking of the episode of 'Red Dwarf' where Rimmer dictates a statement & his grammar is terrible.

But I agree with earlier posts on here : Firstly he was listing these kits on TradeMe using a picture of someone else's engine bay before that changed. He now shows a picture of the piping which is all shiny & glossy, but then a small picture of the piping in place (well we think) where it quite doesn't look like the high gloss finish in the first shot.....

If there are so many people who would want to buy this kit, then where are the pics ???? He would have them on his listing ? Then there's the PM spam we copped ....

Again, I apologise for my apparent tone in my first post. Nothing malicious intended. Just a bad day.... I don't even abbreviate in my SMSing !

G

Unregistered
I didnt mean to sound to strong either, what i was trying to get across, is that www.driftsideracing.com is -as far as i know- a different company from streetbitz.. and have been around longer.

they have just posted their own piping kit version http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-M...hi/Engines-drive-trains/auction-155327119.htm

Now i havent seen it, or know the first thing about it, but iv bought from them before, and their stuff wasnt bad quality.

Their kits are very cheap, so might well be ****, but id hate to scare off a manufacturer..

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Their kits are very cheap, so might well be ****, but id hate to scare off a manufacturer..

The manufacturer needs to listen the clients requests, no point making a product people cant use becuase you think there is a market for it! Or becuase it is cheap and nothing else to compete with you! Like making testicle remover! There are none on the market, still does not mean you should start mass making them!

Probably not the best example I could come up with, but you get my point!

He/they need to listen to the potential customers and work towards that product. Not spamming our PM boxes!

My opinion of course! :)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Ahhh i am glad i got my kit custom made now..i thought about waiting for these kits but I had a hard time believing that a full metal intercooler piping kit could be $550 or so...this seems like a cheaper cut corners pricing. i had mine custom done for around $1250 or so

G

Unregistered
well i may or may-not have got a 1 off faulty unit.

but I'm yet to actually see the kit he's supplying on a car.

he seams to be a bit of a prick actually,

the whole x3e thing...

how hes trying to have a go on DSR's auction for a similar kit..
bully scare tactic's with no proof as yet.

spamming PM's to try sell his shit.

on and another interesting comment i got on MSport forums...

G1ZONU said:
I'm pretty sure thats the same guy that owned a company called Auto Doc on Moselle Ave in Henderson Auckland. If it is I wouldn't buy anything off him. All of the things he sells are budget az and so was the work they did before they closed down.

you can either take my advice and avoid dealings with him/his product (very substandard imo).

or you can buy at your own risk, just expect to pay more to get it fitting correctly

G

Unregistered
blah blah blah.

seams strange that your the only one who knows of one being on a car,
streetbiz having just had his account locked,
and this is your very first post here,

just a coincidence?? i think not..

LOL!

G

Unregistered
I've just been on the phone with some friends who are patent and copyright attorneys. The deal is Streetbitz need to have a valid Registered Design on their pipe kit, intercooler or components thereof. If they have such a registration, then they will have a Registered Design Number which they can provide, which can then used to ensure he isn't infringing on the critical aspects of their design. If they have no such registration then they have essential forfeited their right to protection as they had the oppotunity to protect their commercial product and didn't do so. However they don't have to provide these details until they actually get to court.

There is no such thing as a "Design Copyright", and in fact there are some quite severe penalties for people writing cease and desist letters and claiming IP protections that they don't legally hold.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
awesome, I'm going to call trademark works tomorrow and tell them to not even bother

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
DSR's post changed, then it disappeared altogether... this just gets weirder and weirder!

I hope Ivan can finish getting his kits together without any hassles.

Top Bottom