WARNING : Trademe Hardpipe intercooler kit

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Good God, Jeremy, what the hell kinda couch is that thing sitting on? :p

Hey Derek, its not my couch but one of our Welly members couch - he is a bit of a parts hoarder :p Hopefully not so much after next month :p

Mrk_VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1998 VR-4 Legnum
Is that all that you get for $1300, because to me that seems pretty steep? For that price i would expect to get all the OEM pipes replaced, not just the ones near the IC. What you've got there looks pretty nice though.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
Is that all that you get for $1300, because to me that seems pretty steep? For that price i would expect to get all the OEM pipes replaced, not just the ones near the IC. What you've got there looks pretty nice though.
You get all the correct mounting brackets, joiners, clamps, bolts, and the power steering cooler relocation kit. So its a complete kit and very easy to install :) Plus its not mine - its Wynn(VR4 MAD's).

Am interested in what pricing a similar DSR kit would be. :)

G

Unregistered
dsr_legnum.jpg

G

Unregistered
That aint much for that price ( the g reddy kit)

G

Unregistered
intercooler kit pricing Inclds free freight

You get all the correct mounting brackets, joiners, clamps, bolts, and the power steering cooler relocation kit. So its a complete kit and very easy to install :) Plus its not mine - its Wynn(VR4 MAD's).

Am interested in what pricing a similar DSR kit would be. :)

The picture above is not clear. Used a pxt fone. Camera is away doing a install fitment job. Heres the link with Legnum piping kit. All our internals are perfect. There are no weld spashes. Or loose welding material what so ever. The outter welding is by far better than the other [sb] model. And the finished brackets and polishing are by far so much nicer. Value for money. Its agood kit.

DSR Intercooler kits

G

Unregistered
I don't think my question was answered a couple of months ago regarding the x3e kit, but I spose the same applies here. Do these kits fit with the standard airbox?

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
The picture above is not clear. Used a pxt fone. Camera is away doing a install fitment job. Heres the link with Legnum piping kit. All our internals are perfect. There are no weld spashes. Or loose welding material what so ever. The outter welding is by far better than the other [sb] model. And the finished brackets and polishing are by far so much nicer. Value for money. Its agood kit.

DSR Intercooler kits

Hmm interesting. Also with these kits is the BOV relocated up into the engine bay?

G

Unregistered
That's a good observation :D haha mmm. Well it looks that way. If it is. And it doesnt fit. That's a good point. Anyway. We plan to get rid of the Y. And fit rectangle plate for boost fittings etc. And possibly even make the complete kit silicon piping. This will take sometime

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
That's a good observation :D haha mmm. Well it looks that way. If it is. And it doesnt fit. That's a good point. Anyway. We plan to get rid of the Y. And fit rectangle plate for boost fittings etc. And possibly even make the complete kit silicon piping. This will take sometime

Nice reply Dayne :ROFLMAO:. That would be my only issue with the kit as I run a plumbback BOV not a VTA...

Any ideas on price of the i/cooler buy itself with a pair of 3" to 2.5" reducers as well?

G

Unregistered
It would be $499.00 delivered with the 3" reducers. Anyway thanks for alerting me to the bov position Jeremy before someone told me off :)

edited

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
My car already has the BOV on top, bit tight near the air intake but all good can see it in my sig

G

Unregistered
it needs holes for factory vacc pipes too...

Mr DSR if you dont mind, could you start another thread in the traders classifieds section,

so people dont mix your kit up with street bitz's shitty one,

Thanks

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Has any one determined if these kits are a good fit. And also as Gly said above have they added the nipples for the factory vacc pipes

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
looking at the kit.. few things are missing.. nipple for the vacuum and boost hoses.. bov outlet is somewhat on an awkward position.. and I think you have to remove your airbox..

good thing is.. the bottom part of the pipes.. ones that goes on and after the cooler will fit..

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Sounds like a wonderful piece of performance inhancement....not...how much was it?
Seems like you will have a few hours of extra work to get it up to speed...

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
looking at the kit.. few things are missing.. nipple for the vacuum and boost hoses.. bov outlet is somewhat on an awkward position.. and I think you have to remove your airbox..

good thing is.. the bottom part of the pipes.. ones that goes on and after the cooler will fit..

Is this the DSR one or the Speedbitz one? I'm confused as to which one is good and which one is crap lol

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
I was asking about the DSR kit. But as pointed out by Gly and Naughtika they seems to be lacking in certain parts ie no nipples or BOV attachment.

Top Bottom