what 3" catback systems are avaliable for legnums?

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I always wanted a Fujitsubo because it is all i knew. I am a big beleiver in Jap car, Jap exhaust and didn't want to get one made up. I have a HKS exhaust and love the sound of it. I haven't heard another VR4 like it but i am prob a little biased. Will have one for sale in a few weeks also.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I always wanted a Fujitsubo because it is all i knew. I am a big beleiver in Jap car, Jap exhaust and didn't want to get one made up. I have a HKS exhaust and love the sound of it. I haven't heard another VR4 like it but i am prob a little biased. Will have one for sale in a few weeks also.

A HKS one? Out of curiosity how much might you be selling it for? PM me the details if you don't mind.

Fujitsubos come in either full stainless or stainless muffler + mild steel piping, so keep that in mind when purchasing second hand. You'll notice on Yahoo Auctions they'll be bid on accordingly, with bidders pushing the price of the full stainless up but not much interest in the steel versions so they are a lot cheaper.

So there is stainless or mild available, hmmm. How do you find out what postage for one of those systems are? Is that where you got your system from?

G

Unregistered
Sign up free with someone like Import Monster and you can get an estimated cost to land one.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The main reason people like the Fujitsubo is that they are fairly quiet, and it is probably fair to say that the majority of people on here (although this is slowly changing) are fairly conservative with what they do to their cars.

I have one because that is what the car came with. I'd have it a little louder if I had my way, but it is fine and I have actually come to quite like the sound it makes. It should sound much better once I do the rest of the exhaust too.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
A HKS one? Out of curiosity how much might you be selling it for? PM me the details if you don't mind.

I will be putting up a post with all the parts for sale in a few days. I still need the car to drive so i can strip the gearbox, then will get some pics up of it.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Fair enough, I'm still not too sure what to do anyway, i might just be better off getting one of the local exhaust shops to custom make one for me. At least then i could have it at whatever spec I want.

Anyone got any ideas on what mufflers/cat to get? I think the guy wanted to put a Red back muffler on it, but Ive never heard of them. I ideally want to stay away from a cannon.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Why would you want to stay away from a cannon? I had a full 3" turboback system in stainless steel on my R34 Skyline with a cannon, sounded mean as, loved it!

I'm going to have to do something similar to a few weeks, looks like I've got some form of an exhaust system on their at the moment with a jap muffler but compliance is going to kill the sound and performance. Just going to get a custom 3" turboback system put on (or at least modifying my current to suit) with a highflow metallic cat (which may or may not be bashed out :p). Seems to be the best option to get something new(ish), of good quality and have some local support.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
I can confirm that compliance will destroy the muffler for you, mine was rammed full of steel wool to quite-en it and when i pulled it out it took the rest of the muffler with it.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Why would you want to stay away from a cannon? I had a full 3" turboback system in stainless steel on my R34 Skyline with a cannon, sounded mean as, loved it!

Because of the whole boy racer/ricer stigma that goes with them. They may look great on an R34 Skyline but its not my cup of tea to put one on my wagon (maybe I still havn't fully decided yet).

The stainless muffler thats on there now is nice, Its like the Fujitsubo one, a sort of oval shape with a round tip. Besides is there any difference in sound note made between a cannon and an oval muffler of the same diameter? Not noise but note?

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
I can confirm that compliance will destroy the muffler for you, mine was rammed full of steel wool to quite-en it and when i pulled it out it took the rest of the muffler with it.

Well that will now be #2 on the list of things to talk to my compliance workshop about, thanks for the heads up!

Fazzle

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony (Fazz)
Drive
S1 Galant
Ive been getting quotes for a 3" stainless system and the 3 Ive got so far are $1500, $1800 and $2200 seems pretty expensive if i can get a Jap made one for $1000. Ill also be getting a set of dump pipes from RPW to go with the new exhaust.

This is really expensive quotes! From my experience catback 3" mandrel bent in mild steel with decent brand muffler should cost around $800 from a local muffler shop.

I've also been looking into the exhaust road but have had a set back. I'm interested to know what road you take.

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
OK for your NSW boys let's put it to rest ;

Here's a pic of the Fujitsubo exhaust on the rack at MEEK ;

Image003.jpg

as I said before, it's for the 6G VR4 Galants (E39). Chris from MEEK said he can get them in for ours, but it would have to be a group buy.

He also has the Cusco hard pipe kit in stock ! Only the 1 to see what it was like so he was using my engine to see where the bits went as he hadn't tried it before.

Said the car was in really good nick considering the k's it racked up !

Brad - We were discussing the daul exhaust setup I want for the Super too hehe. There were a few f-bombs from MEEK while talking about what to do hehe ;) Cheers for giving us a crack at it, was thinking it may have only yours that had it & didn't want to steal your thunder bro :bigsmile:

Hey there, how much would Meek be charging us for each exhaust system? Would it be discounted because of the group buy or would we just pay the regular price for a brand new system? What price did he quote you?

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
i have a fuji Legalis R Type Evolution 3inch cat not very loud on idle but when it opens up sounds awsome response in power low to mid is great just dont get ripped off like i did lesson learnt mine cost 135i0 including freight from japan stainless steel mandrel bent the muffler is JSMA approved which is why she aint so loud

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Bumping up an old thread here but can anyone confirm whether or not the Fujitsubo Legalis Super R would fit properly on a FL Legnum? Also has anyone had any experience with these YR ADVANCE systems:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/yr-advance-original-muffler-steel-mitsubishi-ec5a-ec5w.html

If all else fails I think I'm looking at the Fujitsubo Legalis R Evolution. I'm over trying to get an Australian workshop to make me a quality exhaust, the shops up here just can't seem to do it and I always end up disappoint.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Whichever Fujitsubo RHDJapan have listed for EC5A / EC5W iwhat I have and love it on the Galant, expect its fit slightly better on the legnum depending on your other components!

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Can you put some pictures up of how it sits/fits please? Anyone have one on a FL legnum?

Top Bottom