what 3" catback systems are avaliable for legnums?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Replied to your other thread. A few people in the UK have twin exits as well. Some guy in Russia has 2x ~3-3.5" exits out of the stock hole which he has made a bit bigger, looks very good :D

It has a few scratches from things on it, but nothing deep and nothing that worries me. By all means go for a dual system yourself, you'll have to cut into the rear bumper though and it might be a bit difficult to get the cut looking like it matches the other side - you'll see it when you actually get your Super!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
OK for your NSW boys let's put it to rest ;

Here's a pic of the Fujitsubo exhaust on the rack at MEEK ;

Image003.jpg

as I said before, it's for the 6G VR4 Galants (E39). Chris from MEEK said he can get them in for ours, but it would have to be a group buy.

He also has the Cusco hard pipe kit in stock ! Only the 1 to see what it was like so he was using my engine to see where the bits went as he hadn't tried it before.

Said the car was in really good nick considering the k's it racked up !

Brad - We were discussing the daul exhaust setup I want for the Super too hehe. There were a few f-bombs from MEEK while talking about what to do hehe ;) Cheers for giving us a crack at it, was thinking it may have only yours that had it & didn't want to steal your thunder bro :bigsmile:

G

Unregistered
a group buy for the legalis super r for the legnum? definitely interested

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Does anyone know how to get a certain sound. I've heard it on a lot of skylines (25t, gtrs) and a daimante(sp?). It sounds just really tight, you can heard the individual explosions quite well, but I don't know how they got it like that. It wasn't all that loud though.

Any ideas?

I thought I'd bring up this question, it is something I've been wondering too.. There is this black Skyline around my area.. It has a quiet subtle, but grunty noise.. It sounds so clean!

I want a sound that isn't loud at all, but you can tell it has an exhaust and sounds grunty..

I don't want a car that is all that much louder than stock, but I want an exhaust and a really nice noticable note.. Kinda hard? lol

G

Unregistered
The only thing with that is... i think unfortunately there just arent many that fit a legnum well... rather limited in all searches ive done... =/

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I thought I'd bring up this question, it is something I've been wondering too.. There is this black Skyline around my area.. It has a quiet subtle, but grunty noise.. It sounds so clean!

I want a sound that isn't loud at all, but you can tell it has an exhaust and sounds grunty..

I don't want a car that is all that much louder than stock, but I want an exhaust and a really nice noticable note.. Kinda hard? lol

I'll have that piece of cake there sir and i would also like to eat it :ROFLMAO:

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Had a look through this thread but couldnt find the answer im looking for so does anyone know where i can get a replacement hks superdragger muffler from cos mine is stuffed and i just want to do a straight swap. Have looked on the internet but cant find anywhere that sells them.

G

Unregistered
Here I believe is an image of the Fujitsubo Legalis Super R exhaust for our cars;

000000000000000794.jpg

This was taken from the translated page of their website. Each car has its own page & the images do look unique to each car.

The hook at the end doesn't appear to be quite as pronounced as the standard exhaust.
Brad I think the Legalis R typeEVOLUTION is the better one as it has the larger muffler.
000000000000000160.jpg

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/product01...00000000002239

EC5W search on there website
http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Does anyone know the desing inside the Fujitsubo muffler? Is it straight through

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Brad I think the Legalis R typeEVOLUTION is the better one as it has the larger muffler.
000000000000000160.jpg

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/product01...00000000002239
EC5W search on there website
http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Does anyone know the desing inside the Fujitsubo muffler? Is it straight through

Good find Emanuel. So what are we looking for ? Larger muffler or straighter exhaust ? The MEEK guys have the Fujitsubo catalogue in their workshop & we were looking through that for exhausts. The Legalis Super R was the most expensive in the book, so I therefore deemed it the best one for our cars haha.

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Ok, been reading and reading a few threads on different exhaust setups etc, i'm thinking of going dual exhaust setup, not wanting huge mufflers tips as bradc does but probably a similar setup.

I haven't looked under the car for room to do this, but for example what is the best way to have it setup? I'm looking for best performance, not stupid loud, and still need cats for EPA reasons...

dump pipes to highflow cat, split to dual tips?
dump pipes, split to 1x cat each side to tips?
separate dump pipes, cat to tips?

Any other options?

from a flow perspective is split to two cats better in the sense of emissions and flow over one cat to split?

I'm learning as i go here, all reasonably new to me...

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Running a split system will add extra expense i.e. extra pipe, extra muffler, bumper modification etc. If you are keen to spend that extra cash it can look good. Brad's is one example if done right imo.
Oh and i am not sure you will get any extra gain running a split. If you are going to be running dumps ( tuned especially ) 4" s/s cat, and a full mandrel cat back with a decent muffler, you wont need any more work done to your exhaust ever!

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Running a split system will add extra expense i.e. extra pipe, extra muffler, bumper modification etc. If you are keen to spend that extra cash it can look good. Brad's is one example if done right imo.
Oh and i am not sure you will get any extra gain running a split. If you are going to be running dumps ( tuned especially ) 4" s/s cat, and a full mandrel cat back with a decent muffler, you wont need any more work done to your exhaust ever!

Yea good point with the extra cost running two separate pipes, might look into single then spiting, really want a dual exhaust tho.. might have to go and talk to some shops

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Good luck with your quest. I myself am researching the same thing (y)

From what I have seen, the exhaust will be quite low so keep that mind, plus I think it's cause there is clearance issues as the AYC is on the right hand rear of the car. The damn fuel tank gets in the way too, otherwise we could run nearly straight EVO6 exhausts.

Bradc will of course be able to give you a PROPER answer!

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
Interesting read. does anyone got quoted for "dump" on our car recently? it is so tempting. tax return is comming soon~

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
fellas, my 3" exhaust is terribly low, I might try and modify it myself since I've got a TIG welder..

experts.. anything should I watch out for?!

edit: also what would be the suitable thickness (in mm) of metal should be used for exhaust?!

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Bringing this back up as Ive done a lot of reading and got a few quotes and am a little confused...

First: If i were going to get a Jap exhaust what one would be good?
It seems that everyone is fond of the Fujitsubo, so are they the best one to go for?

Second: What are the Jap exhausts made of?
I think they are mild steel but I'm not too sure.

Third: If I were going to get a custom exhaust what is the best material to go for?
Stainless steel or mild steel? Whats the difference, apart from looks and composition?

Fourth: When making said custom exhaust what would be the best brand cat and mufflers to go for?

Ive been getting quotes for a 3" stainless system and the 3 Ive got so far are $1500, $1800 and $2200 seems pretty expensive if i can get a Jap made one for $1000. Ill also be getting a set of dump pipes from RPW to go with the new exhaust.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Stainless will never rust. Mild steel of course will. That probably isn't much of a worry in Darwin though!

The Fujitsubo's are very common simply I beleive because a lot more have been made than any other brand. They won't really be any better than any other brand.

G

Unregistered
Fujitsubos come in either full stainless or stainless muffler + mild steel piping, so keep that in mind when purchasing second hand. You'll notice on Yahoo Auctions they'll be bid on accordingly, with bidders pushing the price of the full stainless up but not much interest in the steel versions so they are a lot cheaper.

Top Bottom