what 3" catback systems are avaliable for legnums?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Mine has a Trust Power Extreme II Cat back and I think it's some kind of high flow cat as it's stainless and is 3" one side and steps down to whatever the factory dump pipe size is on the other.

It's really not that noisy when cruising, a little droney... embarrassingly big cannon however. Not my cup of tea :|

G

Unregistered
I made myself a custom 3" exhaust.
Catalytic converter is thrown away ;-) and DP is original. From dp to back it's full 3" exhaust with only 2 silencers.
Car takes rpm much quicker now in hard acceleration.
After 4500rpm it's starts full "loud" but before that it's not so loud that i can drive it in city.

http://harrinkuvat.1g.fi/kuvat/vr4/putkisto/ and there is also one movie. Sorry for bad photos... some are taken with Nokia mobile phone...

G

Unregistered
Hey guys just on the topic... im thinking of the fuji super legalis R.. aesthetically i think the better looking of the bunch compatable for legnums... just out interest.. with the dollar the way it is has anybody recently purchased this item and could you tell me how much for??

and secondly...

would it be alright to roll with the orig convertor and replace the front pipe, possibly downpipe, and run the fuji?

any advice greatly appreciated haha

:)

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Call Meek as he is selling Super Legalis R off the shelf, if I am not mistaken, he have one full set hanging on his garage and brand new (unless dimi got it already).

G

Unregistered
I'll call Meek up on Monday and find out all the info.
Meek are a performance workshop that only deal with mitsubishi's.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
oh i see... i guess theyre in new south yeah?

Yea in western Sydney. They are great guys who do a LOT of work on EVOs & our cars. Explain things for a dumbo like me so I keep going back there..

I'd say they have at least $5,000 of money... ;)

The car's going there tomorrow for a big service. I'm going to check out this exhaust system...

G

Unregistered
oh sweet... do you think you could relay any info thru this thread... i think im guna put mine in for a service soon... minor with my friend... and then the bigger stuff like AYC oils etc thru techsport melb...

G

Unregistered
Hey brad see if you can take some pics of the system if you get a chance and see if they will be getting more in when it sells.
Saves us all phoning them up. :bigsmile:

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Hey brad see if you can take some pics of the system if you get a chance and see if they will be getting more in when it sells.
Saves us all phoning them up. :bigsmile:

None of the exhausts they had were for our cars.

There IS a Fujitsubo there, but it's for the earlier VR4s (E39 or something ?).

They had a few EVO 6 exhausts on the rack & Chris tried lining it up underneath my car when we hoisted it up but it didn't fit :( Our fuel tanks get in the way. There was an EVO 9 up on the other hoist & we were comparing them. The fuel tank in the EVOs tapers off which allows a straighter exhaust. Looks like ours needs that horrible bend at the back .. unless something can be done about the fuel tank ?

They had the Fujitsubo book & they looked up the systems we can get our hands on. Fujitsubo Legalis Super R was the top of the line, but all of them yea have that nasty hook like the originals...

So .... it close guys but no cigar.. I'll try & remember to take a pic when I pick the car up to show you all. The Fujitsubos though were shrouded in plastic wrap so I don't think they'll come out good in a pic.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
so glad my car came with one of these exhausts,sounds very good,noone would be disapointed unless youre totally against massive cannons

G

Unregistered
oh so does that mean straight throughs are a no go, or just a no go if you want ur car lowered??

im under the impression that the super legalis r is a straight with no bends yeah?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
oh so does that mean straight throughs are a no go, or just a no go if you want ur car lowered??

im under the impression that the super legalis r is a straight with no bends yeah?

Not for the Legnums no. They still have that wicked hook near the end to the muffler :(

We had an EVO 6 exhaust & the pipe for it just wouldn't slot in at all. The OEM exhuast pipe sits flush underneath the car (almost anyways), & it looks as though it *may* be possible to manufacture something to get around having that nasty hook in the pipe... though I definately wouldn't be lowering it if that were the case.

Maybe the NZ boys could shed some light on it for us ?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Hehe on a side note ;

Can we have lake pipes on our cars in Australia ?

Oh boy that would look so sweet !!! Dual lake pipes on either side !!

G

Unregistered
ahhh found a link that i seemingly missed the other 2000 times ive looked at this thread... >.<

i see the shape of the legalis super r now.. it does run the same... the piping on it 2.5 inch??
not much bigger than stock?? or is it actully 3inch but the photo is deceiving? ha

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
My car has the twin pipe system, if you go into clubvr4 then showplace then members cars you'll see mine. It is very low in the middle beneath the diff, only 100mm or so off the ground. It has been hit by rocks and things while driving but I've never hit it on a speed bump or anything because it is right in the middle of the two rear wheels.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
My car has the twin pipe system, if you go into clubvr4 then showplace then members cars you'll see mine. It is very low in the middle beneath the diff, only 100mm or so off the ground. It has been hit by rocks and things while driving but I've never hit it on a speed bump or anything because it is right in the middle of the two rear wheels.

Any significant damage to the pipes from being hit Brad ?

Are you the only one to have gone down the 'twin-exhaust' road ?

& more importantly .... do you mind if I have a crack at doing it for the Super ? :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Here I believe is an image of the Fujitsubo Legalis Super R exhaust for our cars;

000000000000000794.jpg

This was taken from the translated page of their website. Each car has its own page & the images do look unique to each car.

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/&ei=xfqQSbGSHKCSsQP31Jm7Cw&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=7&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dfujitsubo%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial%26hs%3DeKP

The hook at the end doesn't appear to be quite as pronounced as the standard exhaust.

Top Bottom