WHAT AM I MISSING?

mr barista

Crunching Gears
First Name
Glen
Drive
S2 type S black legnum
Just need to clarify something.
I just ripped out the shitty HID kit from my car. It has been on for a year since i bought it.
When i tried to install regular halogen globes i had a prick of a job as i think im missing some sort of connection???? Picture attached.

I managed to manipulate the back of the globes so they clipped in, but does not allow me to have the water/dust cover on.

its seems logical so can somebody please confirm this? And also suggest where i might get said connectors?

I have noticed the highbeams have this little connector
light.jpg

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
There's an adapter that is supposed to go between the globe prongs and the wire plug. I *think* it's an H4 to H7 adapter. Not sure where you can get one, but a few other people have had the same issue you're having so there is something on the forum somewhere about it.

G

Unregistered
Yeah you need the spacers.

2 x MB606747 SOCKET,HEADLAMP (hi beam)
2 x MR221647 SOCKET,HEADLAMP (low beam)

PeteGT

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
'99 Legnum - S Manual
I had that exact same problem. Give Christian (Naughtika) a yell see if he has any left over from conversions.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hint.. 1st gen Mazda 3 also uses the same adaptor..

not sure about the 2nd gen

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Where can we get them from?
Is it only Mitsubishi direct?

I went to every auto parts store and auto electrician around me to try source them!
(I wanted to butcher a set to fit HIDs)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Based on what Christian said, I'm guessing maybe a Mazda dealer might sell them...

Top Bottom