What direction are your mod's taking you?

What direction are your mod's taking you?

• Daily Driven

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Sleeper

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • Show Pony

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Track Warrior

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Drag Strip Shredder

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Rally Champion

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Drifter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whats wrong with factory standard?

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
G

Unregistered
Seeing as OzVR4.com is still very young, im looking to see where the members are going to take the site as a whole. Basically you are the people who are going to determine what direction the community takes as a whole depending on what modifications you do to your car. So select which direction you have picked out for your car. Pick as many as applicable.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I would like it to be a ferrari...... Is that a catergory i can vote on? ;)

Mine is a daily driver, so i'm not getting too enthusiastic with the mods (got my young daughter to worry bout as well)..... But having a quick sleeper is always a good one for me, as well as a bit of rallying :D

We haven't figured out how to tar roads where i live, and the ones we have worked out we can't maintain lol

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I want about 220-250 atw. Depending on how expensive it gets lol That'll keep me in the sleeper/daily driven category. Occasional track warrior and strip destroyer :p lol

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Sleeper for me. Hoping for up to 200kw but keeping it civilised and restrained inside & out... I have my Silvia for when I want uncivilised.

G

Unregistered
I really like this thread ... because if u don't set yourself a goal your waste at lot of money ... Take things slowly and enjoy mods and get a feel for what u have done. I really hate the idea of doing everything at the same, u don't get a feel for things and work out what mods do what. For example when I changed my "extractors" on my S14 I got no HP gains, but tonnes of tourque. Doing things one at a time is the way to go. You'll enoy it more.
I've gone done the fastest straight line car before, so this time I'm taking it easy and like the post above just want mild 200kw's atws ...

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I'm looking at daily Driver, and would like to be a drag strip shredder but there is none here in SA... so I voted for sleeper... that being said, the offset i'm going for and the 20% on ALL windows, I dont know if "sleeper" is truely correct either :ROFLMAO:

I'd be happy with ~180awkw and a mean looking car... 1/2 way there with the looks, and yet to work on the kw figure LOL

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I want value for money - efficient upgrades that are sensible money that bring the car to its potential. Essentially the kind of performance Mitsubishi should have gone for, if they weren't catering to Japanese power caps and Mr & Mrs Conservative Nuclear Family. I also want something extremely reliable that I could hop into at a moment's notice and drive across the country with no qualms at all, that wouldn't look out of place on a show-room floor.

So efficient and properly designed FMIC, insulated piping, free-flowing custom exhaust, fuel pump, injectors, ECU, BOV, brakes, suspension and rims, relocated battery, remote oil filter, clutch, final drive, bonnet and bumper (duh) and of course renewing all original parts that have worn a bit. One day I might consider manifolds and turbos if it won't break the bank and I can get greater power without reciprocal lag.

I'm not chasing a particular power figure - to me that's just abstract masturbation that completely misses the point - I care about how my car performs in the real world, within reasonable limits. Once I've gone through my list of sensible mods and had it tuned properly I honestly don't care what figure I end up with - I'll be happy I've achieved what I sensibly could. I couldn't care less who I'm faster or slower than, beyond the academic interest of what goes into a high-end engine. This isn't a comparison with anyone else's car, I doubt it will ever see the inside of a track.

Oh, and you know what? I want a car that I care enough about that I ENJOY working on it - to me, that's half the fun! :bigsmile:

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
yeah wat trevor said... i use mine for work everyday as well so has to be nice to drive, goin for sleeper look but happy with 400hp+ atw. lotsa custom stuff coming up sortly too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If you want to modify the car to how Mitsi should have made it originally Trev, you want to go with TD04's :D Sure there will be a bit more lag, but you won't be on the verge of making boost every time your toe nail grows and will have more power at the top end

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Brad, from what you've seen or learnt, when does the td04 start hitting boost?

i know mine starts to spool up around 2.5k rpm

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
If you want to modify the car to how Mitsi should have made it originally Trev, you want to go with TD04's :D Sure there will be a bit more lag, but you won't be on the verge of making boost every time your toe nail grows and will have more power at the top end
Maybe, or maybe Garretts. Down the track aways before I even think about it though.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I want value for money - efficient upgrades that are sensible money that bring the car to its potential. Essentially the kind of performance Mitsubishi should have gone for, if they weren't catering to Japanese power caps and Mr & Mrs Conservative Nuclear Family. I also want something extremely reliable that I could hop into at a moment's notice and drive across the country with no qualms at all, that wouldn't look out of place on a show-room floor.

Well put. I think the most interesting part of what I'm planning with my Galant is that I want the mods to be noticable, but in a "why didn't Mitsubishi make them all like that?" sort of way.

I'm enjoying the challenge of that because I have to think about it. It is different to the "slap that on there, it'll be funny!" philosophy of the mods done to my Silvia.

Top Bottom