What direction are your mod's taking you?

What direction are your mod's taking you?

• Daily Driven

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Sleeper

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • Show Pony

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Track Warrior

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Drag Strip Shredder

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Rally Champion

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Drifter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whats wrong with factory standard?

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
G

Unregistered
same here thats the way to do it then enjoy each mod as its done without compromise

This is so important to successful modding.
I agree with everything everyone has said ... and yes the 200kw isn't a be all its just that I'm not after max power ... been through that and its pretty pointless. I think S.Angel Trev summed it up best.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
200kw atw on a VR-4 on stock turbos is nice though, you get a car with a ton of power and absolutely no lag at all.

G

Unregistered
I was having another think about this thread and decided to go back on one point of doing things slowly. This is good to a point. But its not good to change a fuel rail and put big injectors on without adjusting the air intake to allow more air ... So some mods need to be done with others ... but that is obvious I guess ... i think were on the right track again ...

G

Unregistered
hmmm, i would donate money to see a rwd leggy drifta!

im going for sleeper on the exterior, but luxo wagon interior wise

i think the reason people have a kw figure to aim for is that its (dpending on dyno) one of the few areas of car modifying where you can quantify the results. compare it to having a "show car" , which is subjective as different people are into different styles etc.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Having re-thought where my mods are taking me ..... generally they take me to work, or to friends houses. Occasionaly I hope my mods will take me on holiday interstate, but only if the pay :p

:ROFLMAO:

Bryce

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Bryce
Drive
07 VRX Lancer
Well for my future leggy it would be a comfortable cruiser with a fair wallop of power 250kw ATW+ would be nice for get up and boogy

G

Unregistered
Daily driver in Kyrgyzstan.
Sold the auto and got the Black manual with the sunroof(ha ha not many of you got one, black manual roof)
Had the car for 2 weeks.
So far Changed all oils even the AYC. Installed Xenons, removed CAT, in progress of doing major sound install comprising of, Dvd unit, amp to run the front and rear component speakers. Amp to run the two subs in my own design custom boxes that sit each behind the rear wheel in the storage compartments.
18" mysterio rims.
Soon to do, next week paint rims white, EBC, bat in boot, cold air intake in box, finish stereo install. Following week custom 3"dumps and twin 3" pipes at rear.Stage 3 clutch from evo 8.
Next month intercooler and piping and BOV. Hopefully buy series II seats and door trims basically full interior.
Finally get some rest and drag all of the bananas here at the lights who think that a BMW and Mercedes is fast.
Eventually also track down a big brake upgrade and some tommy makinen recaros and an evo 8-9 s/wheel. eeeepa eeeepa andeli andelei ariba!!!!!!!!!

G

Unregistered
well i picked

Daily Driven Show Pony Track Warrior Drag Strip Shredder :p

always wanted a fast daily driver, with a bit of show, and as much go as i can afford :p

G

Unregistered
Bit of a bump. We've got amost 900 members but only 64 people have voted :p

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Actually that number's quite deceptive - a LOT of 'fake' member accounts were deleted by Steve a while ago when we upgraded the spam protection. But you're right, we have a lot more 'silent' members than ones who actively participate regularly...

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
Well, I have one legnum which is a daily driver/sleeper, and another project legnum which is going to be the track/drag monster ute conversion.. but still good for the sunday cruise through town.

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
Lol Scott, I was thinking a 550bhp show pony drag monster.

You should see if you can take a V8 ute around the track, good luck getting a drag machine ute around the track, its either top speed or sticking to the track?
I would say it would be quite loose in the back end unless you had some modded weight on there like fuel cell, oil can if running a dry sump, battery..etc :/

Our mustang took a lot of pissing around to get the right set up, top speed and cornering, so you have to comprimise on one or the other or find middle ground.
Nothing worst than being passed on a straight in a 800bhp beast.

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
ok so i chose daily drive and sleeper, im not out to get this to be the most powerful car out there unless i bought another car as daily driver, but at the moment this car will stay stock as i need to get 1400 for excess to fix my rear quarter panel, and that could have gone towards a new set of wheels :( oh well, crap happens haha... so once that gets fixed i think it will just be a daily driver for a while, untill i can afford to do some mods

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
Shane, yeah. You're right.. I think the ute should be the drag beast. Maybe the legnum can be a sleeper/track machine with the right mods?

Top Bottom