Your thoughts on first service?

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
quote "and also knocking him out wouldn't work out well.. cause if you do.. he could say that he did work on your car PROPERLY.. then do stuff that'll cost you more in the end.."

I guess you would be right but i found a new mechanic who knows his way around legnums/galants but is it true are our engines just magna engines with turbos lol i wouldnt have a clue thats what got me fired up

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Nice... :banghead:

No these aren't 'just magna engines with turbos strapped on', the NA 6A13 engine is only single overhead cam for starters. About the only thing Mitsubishi could have done to improve these from factory would be stronger conrods and variable valve timing, and its probably just as well they didn't have VVT as the technology was anything but refined when these were designed back in the early to mid '90s. Many VR4 owners are ex-magna drivers, and being one myself I can tell you the difference between a magna engine and the 6A13TT is quite substantial - these are so much better designed (and in most cases vastly more sophisticated) than anything MMA put in a NA FWD magna :banghead:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
nahh, the MIVEC system in the FTO was pretty good. Turbo MIVEC is another matter though, that didn't exist until the EVO 9 (and then only on the exhaust side).

I truely lament the fact that the 25ST-R was so much better than a 25ST, 5 stud hubs, bigger brakes, dark VR-4 interior, etc but still had 130kw. The ST-R's would have been amazing if they had a mivec 6A13 DOHC engine with 160-165kw.

Top Bottom