6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
hes worried about pushing it too far with E85
seems to think you can't tune to knock limit like with regular petroleum based fuels. Maybe @TME_Steve can clarify

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
You can't tune e85 to knock limit, that's way too far and you'll be down on power with that much advance. You really want to be doing e85 on a dyno to get it right. Stock head bolts don't have tolerance left in them either.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I have no experience with Ethanol what so ever but that's intresting!
he said he was road tuning it with evoscans "virtual dyno" feature to try get it right but was giving whack readings as he thought some paramters were wrong

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
You can't tune e85 to knock limit, that's way too far and you'll be down on power with that much advance. You really want to be doing e85 on a dyno to get it right. Stock head bolts don't have tolerance left in them either.

Stock wet spaghetti head bolts. Bahahahaha

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
I had stock timing +2 degrees. Added another 2 degrees and got loads of more power in the upper region. Like i said load works fine and gives me almost flat 12 AFR with ethanol. Now i have about 15 @ 5500 rpm where load spikes at 240 and drops to about 210 on the redline where i have about 20 now.

The car was dynoed with stock cams and td04 and i had 400bhp/580Nm

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
The virtual dyno is pretty inconsistent, I wouldn't use it. I have the latest version and it's no different from previous versions. Like I and Steve said, you really need it on a dyno for Ethynol

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
It seems that I have other issues. Maybe a boost leak that has been present this year. I compared my virtual dyno results to last fall. Damn custom made hard pipes. However it seems that these cams give about 17% bigger IDC than standard cams. This means about the same power increase. This is using same boost pressure. Makes sense, doesnt it?

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
We have now three cars, that are equipped with Adam's cams and it seems that they are a very good choice with standard td03 turbos. It's a whole different car and cams is a bit easier mod than bigger turbos. So I'd recommend these as an option. Stock turbos reach full boost in about 3500rpm as td0413t needs 500 rpm more.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
We have now three cars, that are equipped with Adam's cams and it seems that they are a very good choice with standard td03 turbos. It's a whole different car and cams is a bit easier mod than bigger turbos. So I'd recommend these as an option. Stock turbos reach full boost in about 3500rpm as td0413t needs 500 rpm more.
Really, I'd play with your wastegate duty cycle, I have no drama getting 16psi or more by 2800-2900rpm?

Top Bottom