6A13TT Mivec

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yes you could use a380 ecu and look, but no one has flashed one yet to my knowledge (happy to be wrong in this)

Using the 6g74 ecu and loom works too but then you lose coil on plug etc, I would personally be trying to sort out tuning a 380 first then use it's loom and ecu.... It runs massive memory too so heaps of room for multiple maps etc....

Worst case just use an aftermarket ecu ;)

G

Unregistered
Well I have my map2 ecu.
I definatly want cop setup not dizzy.

So donor car is ready now and the search is on. Ill do it provided you help me with Intel and info please and ill COMPLETE the project.
I should be able to bolt a vr4 box to it aswell

G

Unregistered
Where's MR Magna thought he woulda jumped at this opportunity lol.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I'm not sure what help we'll be but yeah.... If anyone knows of a380 lying around to grab a ROM from, that'd be a good start....

Blue legnum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joe
Drive
2013 Suzuki Swift Sport , 65 Mustang 351w
Talk to TUFFTR.. He's pretty clued up! They did Tiv's magna & it's running a 3.8 & 5 speed....
I'm sure if u run the 380 ecu with the slightest mods it causes all sorts of problems & ends up running in limp mode (check engine light) on the dash!
It may be difficult to crack & better off piggy Back ecu??

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
a coupla boys on the magna club are running piggy backs on the 380's so it can be done...

G

Unregistered
I'm not sure what help we'll be but yeah.... If anyone knows of a380 lying around to grab a ROM from, that'd be a good start....
I doo I doo. I have 3 wrecks at my disposal lol. Well to a point

G

Unregistered
Ok we'll guys Iv decided ill let this Legnum go and ill get another shell from my wrecker when I'm ready. I wanna do some more investigating and see WICH route I take. But I WILL do it trust me

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Wanna send me one of those ecus? Piggyback ain't gonna cut it with turbos.... As fire limp mode etc, thats just stuff to disable our raise limits etc. just like when evo x's were new no one could get past the load limit stuff for a while....

G

Unregistered
Yea ill see if I can get 1 from him cheap ok..

G

Unregistered
Steve what do you think you coud do on the ST-R ecu's?? Should I send you 1

98 SPORT

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ray
Drive
1996 VR4/Ralliart Colt/v12 XJS
The US Galant/380 had a mivec 3.8, loom and computer case looked the same as the 380, 200kw was the output if i remember right, i studied one while we were over there in 2009, I was going to do a Mivec 380, but got sidetracked

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Steve what do you think you coud do on the ST-R ecu's?? Should I send you 1

As in 8g galant str? We could define the maps etc but without any here to play with tune wise it's going to be difficult to say the least....

Tbh it would be pretty low on or priority list as we're currently working on about 6 other cars in terms of defining files....

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Last check you can't tune the 380 ECUs as they are locked out and no one has cracked it, I also heard some rumour that if you try the ECU gets bricked.. not sure if true but thats the story.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
Yeah maybe.... how does Mitsubishi update them then?

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Yeah maybe.... how does Mitsubishi update them then?

I don't mean locked out as in impossible, just locked out with a magic incantation that no one has cracked. Mitsubishi would already know these magic incantations :)

It's also possible this is just heresay and basically no one figured out the protocol etc. :)

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
Didn't they say the GTR couldn't be hacked? It took them a matter of days to crack that ecu. I would say not enough attention is being payed to these 380 ecus

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
To say it cant be done is just an invitation for someone to try.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
6G75 powered AWD manual Magnas ...
Much room in there for a turbo (or two) / supercharger ?

G

Unregistered
Mal you seem to have spoken my idea and you seem to know....
i will be Intouch with you shortly lol

Top Bottom