ABS LIGHT coming on in the dash?

T

towny36

Unregistered
Does anyone know the possible reason that my ABS light is coming on in the dash display?

The only thought i have is that my brakes are about due to be replaced would this cause this??

Thanks in advance guys

James

T

towny36

Unregistered
Unfortunetly the thread you have posted here is about the AYC light and not the ABS light so it was no help, i tried searching for stuff about the ABS but can't find anything anyone got any ideas?

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
James, have you checked ClubVR4, there is a number of things it could be ie loose wiring on sensor or even a dodgy battery terminal connection

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Does it come on when you start the car, or only when you apply the brakes when moving?

T

towny36

Unregistered
it changes it doesn't come on every tie i start the car thought it has happend once or twice, but i have notice that it comes on every now and then when braking also....

I must mention that it isn't every time i drive the car but i am nervous about that problem hence the thread

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i'd say pull out the abs error codes.. that way you can definitely point fingers on something

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Do an ECU reset first. Disconnect the battery, turn on the interior light or your headlights for a couple seconds to drain any remaining current then reconnect it. (Clean your battery terminals while you are at it ;))

If your car has been on a hoist and the wheels moved (ie, car turned on and put in gear to rotate the wheels, or fronts turned by hand with the ignition on etc) it will screw up the ABS signals and give you the warning light on the dash.

Had this happen on my blue car when getting my AYC repaired. ECU reset cleared it up no worries.

If its not that, try using error codes, then i would head to ClubVR4 as well and have a sift through their stuff :)

T

towny36

Unregistered
yeah i spose that is an option also........

How do you check the error codes?

T

towny36

Unregistered
lovely well i will try the ECU reset.....and then brake pad change and then if that doesn't work down to mitsi i will go

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
lovely well i will try the ECU reset.....and then brake pad change and then if that doesn't work down to mitsi i will go

You can get the fault codes out yourself, but it just baffled me when i tried it haha

The how to is in the fault codes thread in the Index :)

T

towny36

Unregistered
thanks for the help will let you know how it goes

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Please do, all info on problems fixed and how to do it is welcomed around here haha

G

Unregistered
im having the same prob, but my abs light comes on while driving but it dont come on when im braking..
real weired.. but i think i was rotating the wheels while it was on stands the other day so i could be that..

Top Bottom