Status
Not open for further replies.

Esoteric

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
2001 Galant VR-4
I would prefer one volvo over a stagea for sure ...

20040613volvo_04.jpg

850T5-R .... 240ps 5 cyl :)

These were on my shortlist for a performance wagon (a very short list mind you) but they a rarer than hens teeth.

I admit I quite like them for some reason too. Oh and the T5-R's are equipped with a TD04 :)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
If you like the Volvos Trevor...
Haha not necessarily - I was just trying to come up with the most unattractive car I could think of ;) Having said that, Volvo are making some lovely looking cars these days.

Haha I actually used to OWN an '82 wagon, until some kid ran up the back and wrote it off :( I miss the space... but not the weight! Make a great sleeper though.

G

Unregistered
when i saw a satgea for the first time i thought it was a volvo.. the stagea can look good (in the front) but the ass end is soooo ugly.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Hear Hear I second that!

Go the VR4 rather than the Weetbix on wheels

G

Unregistered
Mitchy's girlfriend, Kylie here BOYS!!! :pyou know, the girl that made your ozvr4 stickers!!!!:D

Leave the STAGEA's alone. Of course a TT is going to have more power over the stag, but you guys can't be serious when you say the legnum is better looking hahahah what an ugly arse end :p (Mitchy is sulking on the otherside of the couch as I type this hehehe)

Oh and whoever said the interior is from the medievil ages... in about a week we'll be able to see if that is true or not when Mitchy's car gets here we can compare them.

anyways, each to thier own. I think my stag is a sexy beast, you think your leggy's are sexy... :)

:)
Kylie

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hahaha Kylie you can't be serious, compare looks between a Stage and a VR4? Puh-LEASE!

Look, respect where respect is due, Nissan did some good work with the engine and drivetrain of the 260RS. But other versions of the Stagea are like the non-VR4 versions of the Legnum... without the benefit of good looks ;) And besides, they DID cheat by ripping those systems straight out of the GTR... but hey, at least they HAVE a performance wagon, unlike most other manufacturers.

End of the day, the VR4 is better looking, lighter, faster, cheaper (by FAR than a 260RS, and easier to come across) and doesn't look like a throwback to the brickiest cars of the 80's...

That doesn't mean your car is a BAD car... it just means a VR4 is... well, SHITLOADS better! ;) :p

happyvr4

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Charandeep
Drive
Mitsubishi legnum VR4
I prefer people don't know much about the VR4. I Kind of like the look on their faces after they get their ego dashed at the lights. common everyone, get stageas if ya want to.:D

G

Unregistered
Hahaha Kylie you can't be serious, compare looks between a Stage and a VR4? Puh-LEASE!

Look, respect where respect is due, Nissan did some good work with the engine and drivetrain of the 260RS. But other versions of the Stagea are like the non-VR4 versions of the Legnum... without the benefit of good looks ;) And besides, they DID cheat by ripping those systems straight out of the GTR... but hey, at least they HAVE a performance wagon, unlike most other manufacturers.

End of the day, the VR4 is better looking, lighter, faster, cheaper (by FAR than a 260RS, and easier to come across) and doesn't look like a throwback to the brickiest cars of the 80's...

That doesn't mean your car is a BAD car... it just means a VR4 is... well, SHITLOADS better! ;) :p

and where did AYC come from? EVO me thinks..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yes, AYC is technology that made it into Mitusbishi cars thanks to all their experience with the EVO rally cars. However while the technology is the same, its not bolt compatible by any means... whereas you CAN take a lot of gear straight out of an R32 GTR and stick it on a Stage...

Which is the only reason I made the point, really - at least Mitsubishi went to the effort of designing a car from the ground up which included a great deal of the technology they'd developed over the years with the GTO and the EVO, whereas Nissan just took a look at some stuff they had lying around and saw it sitting next to a house-brick and thought "I think we've got something here..." So they strapped the two together and hey PRESTO! Stagea! :D

Not that there isn't validity to that approach - its very cost-effective to use the same parts in a number of different cars, and it also benefits the end consumer, as parts are more readily available (which also makes them cheaper).

I'm just using any excuse I can to slag off the Stagea, that's all, 'cause I can, 'cause its fun, 'cause I love the VR4 and because, to be honest, if Nissan HAD designed a better looking car I would have probably BOUGHT one. But I'm glad I didn't, 'cause this is costing me less and its faster anyway ;) ... and did I mention I won't have to hide behind 10% tint because I'll be driving an ugly brick that most people will mistake for a Volvo, and I'd prefer not to commit social suicide? :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
evo diff's are in fact compatible with VR-4's. You can bolt in any evo4-9 ayc diff and it will work just fine.

G

Unregistered
seriously trevor, get over yourself.
yes you like your legnum, but its not the be all and end all.

why is it such a bad thing that nissan used the ATESSA system out of the R33 GTR? (even though we now know the AYC diff is exact same as the EVO too) i'd call it smart, no point re-designing the wheel...

according to you, when mitsubishi combine ideas and parts to create a sports wagon, its a "great thing", but when nissan do the exact same thing, it's "a pile of crap"

PS. i know a stagea that will blow your VR-4 any which way. ;)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
evo diff's are in fact compatible with VR-4's. You can bolt in any evo4-9 ayc diff and it will work just fine.
I sit corrected :)

I'd say that's actually a good thing.
Yes, it is :) Hence the next part of my post:

Not that there isn't validity to that approach - its very cost-effective to use the same parts in a number of different cars, and it also benefits the end consumer, as parts are more readily available (which also makes them cheaper).

seriously trevor, get over yourself.
Oh come ON there's no need for that - I'm just having a bit of fun here, why do you need to go getting personal? You're wading into a thread that's DEDICATED to slagging of the Stagea (all in the sense of a bit of fun, really) and then you get upset when it continues? Can't you TELL from what I wrote that I'm only half-serious?? I would have thought my last statement would have made it abundantly clear:

I'm just using any excuse I can to slag off the Stagea, that's all, 'cause I can, 'cause its fun, 'cause I love the VR4 and because, to be honest, if Nissan HAD designed a better looking car I would have probably BOUGHT one. But I'm glad I didn't, 'cause this is costing me less and its faster anyway ;) ... and did I mention I won't have to hide behind 10% tint because I'll be driving an ugly brick that most people will mistake for a Volvo, and I'd prefer not to commit social suicide? :p

Hell I'm even ENDORSING the freaken thing!

why is it such a bad thing that nissan used the ATESSA system out of the R33 GTR? (even though we now know the AYC diff is exact same as the EVO too) i'd call it smart, no point re-designing the wheel...
Its not - I'm just fooling around, latching on to things to make my arguement sound better. Comparing such clearly similar 'differences' is meant to be ironic...

according to you, when mitsubishi combine ideas and parts to create a sports wagon, its a "great thing", but when nissan do the exact same thing, it's "a pile of crap"
An UGLY pile of crap, let's get it right ;)

Damn I've probably made her explode or something now, huh? :eek:

I'm JOKING! Of course its not a pile of crap. Its just... well, ugly *shrugs* And heavy. And I think Nissan could have done a better job, that's all. They have sure made some fantastic cars that both perform and LOOK brilliant. I think they didn't try hard enough with the Stagea, which is a shame because there's no reason they couldn't have made the ultimate performance wagon if they'd put a bit more thought and effort into it.

PS. i know a stagea that will blow your VR-4 any which way. ;)
And? A friend of mine has a Celica that'd doing under 9 second quarters (and still a daily driver). With enough money you could probably get a car to fly to the MOON if you really wanted. That's really not what we're talking about - its a relatively opinionated discussion of the Stagea Vs the Legnum VR4. What people think are the benefits of one over the other. Don't take it personally just cause you drive a brick - I had an '82 Volvo for years, it didn't worry me, I KNEW I was driving a brick.

All I can say is we're having a bit of fun here, and yes we're bagging the car you happen to drive. If you want to wade into the middle of such a discussion, please just take it in the light-hearted manner its meant :)

G

Unregistered
kylie only made the one post, the rest was me...

i despise people who cannot appreciate other peoples pride and joy, simply because they think they drive the best car in the world.

typically it is aussie vs. imports, V8's vs. turbo, etc.. but unfortunately some import owners feel the need to slag off other peoples imports as well.

you dont like the car, fair enough, you've made your point, get over it.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Mitch, chill out, seriously dude its just a bit of fun... No one's slagging off anyone else's car - like I said, the whole THREAD was about the Stagea vs the Legnum! I think I told you at the meet we had that I seriously considered a Stage for a year and a half before I found the Legnum - if a 260RS had have come along in that time I might have even BOUGHT one.

I'm under no illusions - my car is never going to be the fastest / best looking / most expensive Legnum let alone car in the world... There are a lot of cars I like a lot more, in fact, but this is the most practical compromise between what I need and what I want, so I'm happy with it :) Would I have been happy with a Stagea? Probably, if I'd found what I wanted... But I'd be jealous of the Legnum VR4 once I heard about them, I'm sure!

I am sincerely sorry if I've actually offended anyone here - that was never my intention I thought this was all a bit of fun. I'm sorry if you didn't take it in the spirit it was meant. There was never anything personal intended, nor was there anything particularly serious about the ribbing we (I) gave the Stagea. :(

G

Unregistered
Hey Kylie here again... siliconangel you have turned me off meeting you . I wont be showing up to any meets with mitchy, with such a 'know-it-all' attitude you carry, your car is best bla bla bla... you should be driving a holden!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Guys/Gals calm down!

There will always be a rivalry between such similar cars as the Stagea and Legnum but it will always be a friendly one! Trevor clearly says he was just stirring the pot a little, please don't take offence - any more nasty talk and we'll have to close this thread.

Lee

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Come on guys...lets get sensible here. All I see is red flag waving at bulls. Asking for an opinion of x or y being better on a forum dedicated to x, well the answer is obvious.

Let's all just take a chill pill. I, for one, think they both have their place and can see the merits of both cars having been in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom