Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
as said above.. what is recommended?

I remember the Apex-i Pen type Turbo Timer has its own built in A/F Ratio Gauge - digital too... but Im not too sure if how well it is..

any other recommended ones? leaving those expensive ones aside (for the time being)

G

Unregistered
a afr guage that hooks up to your factory ego is useless,

its not acurate enough to be used as a tuning tool, nor will it be safe to tune with....
it will just be a pretty light show and nothing more,

that said, best bang for buck wideband ego IMO is the innovate LC1,
and you can wire it to the apexi pen type timer to get a accurate EGO display

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
hhhmm I've just searched for Innovate LC1's approximate price.. kinda seems expensive..

I know for a fact, I will get a workshop to tune my car.. so instead of me spending $200+ on a product that I will only use once, ill just pay a shop $100 to tune my car.. and Ill know it'll be done properly..

what do you guys reckon?

G

Unregistered
i have one because im constantly changing my car,
and once i do have it tuned properly, i will be able to see how futher mods affect the cars fuelling, and ill be able to make small changes myself.

the basic lc1 kit costs $400ish here (no guage),

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I dont think I'll be doing that much mod to my car.. once the exhaust, bigger IC, Coilovers and better IC piping's done.. I think I'll be set.. no point of me making my car that powerful since the law in QLD is starting to get stupidly strict..

G

Unregistered
The LC-1 will also give you an early warning of fuel related problems and could save you from an expensive rebuild whether it is standard or modified

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
that is true, there has been at least one person with a faulty fuel pump that destroyed his engine

Top Bottom