Ayc problem?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Something isn't right then! Seems a bit strange. Have you hooked up evoscan, gone to ayc and checked out the sensors?

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
No i havent tried that, will give it a go then get back with the problem if found.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Ok so i feel a little silly saying this. But i had a friend in the car with me when it was raining the other day and told him to look at the ayc lights as i got it well and truly ungripped in an attempt to finally see if they work. And he said that the lights are working, getting it sideways resulted in all three coming on and the top one going red i think he said so that sounds good.

The problem i have is that when i turn the wheel it covers the lights so i cant see them until the wheel is straight again. And by this point they are already off. Could be something to do with my height lol but it explains why i couldnt find the problem.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Must be because you're a bit short. Adjust the steering column down so you can see :) I can see mine activating everytime no matter where the wheel is.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Epic fail! I've had AYC bars while reversing, parking, coming to a stop, with my mother in the car,in front of the police, with a prospective girlfriend in the car, with 5 people in the car, etc.

With my mum in the car was best:

Me: See look as I go around this corner the lights come up to let me know I'm starting to push it
Me: And as we straighten up the lights go out
Me: Now coming into this corner I'm trying a bit harder and we are up to three bars
Mum: Just ****ing stop it! You're making me sick
Me: Hold on

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Nah, quite the opposite, im like 6 foot 5 so its the top and side bits of the wheel that get in the way, hard to explain but yeah. I always thought i could feel it working so i guess i could.

I still dont think its as easy for me to get them to come on as some of you guys from what you say but maybe i just drive like a grandma.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Epic fail! I've had AYC bars while reversing, parking, coming to a stop, with my mother in the car,in front of the police, with a prospective girlfriend in the car, with 5 people in the car, etc.

With my mum in the car was best:

Me: See look as I go around this corner the lights come up to let me know I'm starting to push it
Me: And as we straighten up the lights go out
Me: Now coming into this corner I'm trying a bit harder and we are up to three bars
Mum: Just ****ing stop it! You're making me sick
Me: Hold on

Ok you win with them coming on while parking

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Ok, so your an ayc god. Im going to have to mount a camera on the dash to see them. Just dont seem to be able to look down while attempting to get them on.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I've had Legnums since 2003 :)

I find that turning right is easier to look at the bars, turn left and the steering wheel often gets in the way.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
haahaha matt you idiot. so youre an inch or so taller than me and yet ive never had any problems seeing my ayc bars...
trying to drive through sand and mud theyre on constantly, even while going straight so you could probably see them then

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Yeah, tbh i think mine is way less sensitive than most cos ive done a 2.5k launch on light sand inducing 4 wheel spins, and they dont come on for that, or at least they werent on when i looked down. Seems to be when pushing very hard round corners they come on and thats pretty much it.

Ill do a conclusive test when i find some time, and record it so i can see what goes on.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
mine come on as often as yours brad. perhaps we are just hoons... i believe i've done it parking too... along with driveway every time (that ones cause the back wheel lifts up going up my driveway though LOL)

G

Unregistered
Ok you win with them coming on while parking

mine come on all 3 that is when i move the car lol its only cause my sensor is not conected not for long tho heres a pic of the damage
Pic_0816_026.jpg

yeah it looks bad but it not that hard to fix

Top Bottom