Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Has anyone used a D51T1 Optima? I'm considering this which has smaller (JIS) terminals and is around half the weight of the D34 but still has 450CCA.

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
What's better a optima yellow top or a Redtop. I dont have a big stereo or anything

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
I would go XS Power over Optima. But if you have to go Optima, Redtop is the battery starting battery.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
My battery shyte itself after 4 years. The car was from a deceased estate sale so who knows how old it was. Pulled out the Champion 390CCA and set out to find a replacement. I had a spare AC Delco 290CCA sitting around and that ran the car fine, I don't do subs and doof doof music.
According to A/ Barn the correct battery is a monster 560CCA, champion or similar.
For $150 I guess it's fine other than the posts are forward, last battery were rear and no stress on the terminals.
Ended up having to go to a 7" bracket to hold it down as the older battery took a 5" clamp.
My take on this, have had many boats and cars over the years, have returned probably 3 within a year, different brands etc, its a bit of a lucky dip sometimes.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
minimum CCA should be 500CCA regardless if it's auto or manual.

I used to recommend a specific battery brand, but they seem to die just as quick as others from my experience.

since my vr4 doesn't get on the road as much, I've only used the ones provided by SCA. perhaps once it's fully back on the road, I will then re-consider using a quality battery again

Richard__

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Richard
Drive
1997 Legnum VR-4
2017 Subaru BRZ
2001 Audi S4 - SOLD
2010 Chevy Cobalt SS - SOLD
1990 Chevy C/K 350 - SOLD
1998 Eclipse GS-T - SOLD
Hey, hoping someone can help me with battery size... will this fit our VR-4? Optima 8014-045 D34/78 YellowTop

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
I went the optima red top 34r.
The terminals were the right way in the engine bay
1E01E017-4148-4F9F-B7CB-C5E50E4A591E.png

Top Bottom