Boost gauge positioning

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
NICE!!! I love the gauges in there....

Thats a very manly air freshener you have there man ;)

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
thats a nice setup,ive bought a garret boost gauge and am in the middle of moulding it to the bottom of the a-pillar,i shouldve just done wat youve done instead of fixing the clock which i still havent done

G

Unregistered
gauge position

would any guys be intresed in fitting gauges, boost conrollers, turbo timers or other gizzmo's in the center of you console?
gaugespot.jpg

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i had my gauges in the same location originally.. personally I think it was hard to look at since you had to take yours eyes off the road.. which was a little dangerous..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Depends on the gauge though, things like boost are a bit silly to put there, but things like oil and water temp are ok

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Looks good Just Plain Nuts.

Apparently with WRX's you can get carbon inserts for that position which have little humps to house the gauges correctly.

I wonder if they have something for us?

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Just a quick question, how exactly do you remove the clock? I am thinking of installing a couple of gauges in that spot but didn't want to break anything getting the clock out.
Cheers

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Just a quick question, how exactly do you remove the clock? I am thinking of installing a couple of gauges in that spot but didn't want to break anything getting the clock out.
Cheers

you have to push it.. in an upward way.. they have those persistent clips in them.. dont worry.. they shouldn't snap.. but if they do.. that mean's your clips are fragile already due to the car being under the sun most of its life...

G

Unregistered
ok guys here is what i am working on have a look and give me some feed back.

I have made it will my application in mind if you have some other ideas great... add em

i also have made it so it does not damage and visable areas of the console

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I think you might need to get back to use when you have done a little more work... because I think most people will agree that it looks like a peice of plywood screwed onto you dash D:

The idea is sound though.... there is heaps of console space wasted behind the ash tray / sunglasses holder. I think i'm going to have to use it when I put my car PC in.

G

Unregistered
yeah its evolving atm
lol wait to see the final.. I am making a mould at the same time so if you like it. I can repeat it . But you know where i am goin

G

Unregistered
Have been meaning to post this up for ages but completely forgot.

Moved the Boost Controller from the top of the Steering Column down to the coin pocket to get it out of the way. The unit was a little long so I had to drill a couple of holes in the back of the pocket, but now it fits perfectly

mg0011nr5.jpg

mg0012zd8.jpg

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Have been meaning to post this up for ages but completely forgot.

Moved the Boost Controller from the top of the Steering Column down to the coin pocket to get it out of the way. The unit was a little long so I had to drill a couple of holes in the back of the pocket, but now it fits perfectly

Looks awesome man! Wish i had mine in there ;)

I think i told you that you would have to drill out the back didn't I?

Regardless, it looks better with the black interior than it does with my poxy beige lol

G

Unregistered
bro i had my guages tucked away under my clock top cover,its a mint place,im not a gay guage boaster,so i had CF guages in ther i had 2 tho,it was cool,ill see if i still have apic of it somewhare,as for your surround mod,w1erd,um iv made a fibreglass stereo surround and am just playing with a 2 piec customers choice of angle either factory angle or flush like bradc showd wut the straight down piece,otherwise for all those i have made a vent replacement cover that houses 3 guages in the centre air vent unit

Top Bottom