IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

what do you guys think?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Wow some awesome placements in this thread! Top work guys :)

I need to install my new boost gauge, I don't know what to do with the wiring lol

G

Unregistered
sterro is on the passangers side i only use my iphone so no cds...lol
i got a kill switch in there so i do not ahve to disconnect the battery all the time and all the electricals i have put in are running through that fuse box which can be easly opened.

but i still need a better skin for the whole set not sure what yet maybe vinyal or something

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
yer wheres your stereo,or hazard button.kinda wondering why??

heres what ive just about finsihed for my boost guage,just got to do the finishing touches,ill get a proper photo with an actual camera when its done
20022009391.jpg

G

Unregistered
i got the battery in the boot and i just wanted a quick and easy way of disconnecting it.
hazards are on the right.... how offten do you want ot be using it anyway

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Got my gauge sitting on the pillar because I didn't want to drill the dash. Can always order another plastic skin for the pillar if the car needs to be sold on, a new dash would be harder to track down

G

Unregistered
nah i got all the orginal parts the only missing part is the cover of the clock on the dsah

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
finished my gauge pod a while ago,thought id stick A pic on now while im bored
17042009580.jpg

matches the stock cluster really well,and doesnt block any veiw out the windscreen

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
Nice work james, looking great~ neat~
i have it where the clock is as well. i left the tinted plastic where the clock was so it will not be showen when car is turned off. i thought about behind the vents but i love aircon too much. when i put it there, i had to use the ring to stalise there but it was bit too thick (the cover flusehes but littlebit buldging) i think there are space for one or two more 2'inch gauges. by the way, i've got some impression putty (mix two together and it becomes hard like rubber in about 4 min's and really good to position the gauge in the strangest places) so if anyone need some to put thier gauges in the wierd spoot, let me know

Attachments

• night1.JPG
    night1.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 328

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
I stole this idea off Mark - Thanks dude =)

Mounted in a piece of 6mm custom wood, with a piece of black leather glued on top, and the guages pressed into the leather. Just kept shaping it until I got it all to fit in with the clock top. The clock top has being filed back to make it a bit flatter.

I was going for 3 * 52mm guages , but dident have the balls to start cutting my dash up, so setted for the 2 of them.

I still need to tidy the wiring up, and wire the dimmer into it as well.

Attachments

• DSC00081.jpg
    DSC00081.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 365
  • DSC00076.jpg
    DSC00076.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 372
  • DSC00079.jpg
    DSC00079.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 381

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i just installed a turbotech boost controller and autogauge smoked face boost/vacuum gauge in the clock area. is the gauge supposed to read in the vacuum region during idle? even after i take off its still in vacuum region untill boost gets higher and it reads to about 8 or 9 psi. i can also hear a fair bit more turbo spool, a lot more high pitched. the gauge was t pieced into the vacuum line on the back of the plenum and run through the wheel arch.

i installed the turbotech first but didnt adjust it and after the gauge was in the boost seemed to waver a bit at full boost (was normal before gauge went in)

have i installed it incorrectly?

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Should be at around -20mmHg at idle if thats what your gauge reads in. but as you take off should go to zero under full acceleration below 2000rpm, then as boost builds increase to such and such psi. Maybe you have a slight leak in the gauge hoses, a leak sounds like a ssssshhhhh noise from my own experience at the weekend and since cos i still havent managed to track it down

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
sweet cheers man thats exactly what its doing. yeh may be slight boost leak, couldnt find small enough hose clamps so have used double ups of small cable ties (i know, i know) until i can find some time to get down to supercrap. got a bit impatient haha

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Yeah i pulled out the old boost controller on monday and then realised i didnt have any clamps small enough so thats probably why i can still hear a leak. Ill be putting the new one on soon so ill just do it properly then. But on the same token cable ties on tight should do the trick fine i would have thought

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Is it a manual or electronic controller cos if its manual dont they work by bleeding air??

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
manual turbotech. ball and spring not bleed valve, if there's a difference

Top Bottom