Boost gauge positioning

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I have a venom gauge which i only bought because it was half price, $80 from $160. It dims the gauge when the head lights are on, it has a blacked out face so theres no glare, the best thing is that it has a red and white theme that looks almost identical to the VR4 dash. so im heaps happy with it. heres a few pics i took of it. ill take another one later when its dark to see it at night.

ive put it at the base of the A pillar for 2 main reasons.
- i can argue its connected to the dash if cops ask me about it.
- its out of the way, easy to see and subtle.

the wires are run through a gap between the windsheild and the dash. yes theres a very small gap. i then had to fish the wires out from under the dash which was a bitch, but it means everything looks nice and neat.

the hole i drilled in the firewall for the boost line. it comes out above the brake pedal.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
yeah i forgot about that until after. ill take some 2nite when its dark.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah i quite like that gauge Steve, might have to go and pick one up. Looks good and i really wanted one that matched the stock speedo/tach.
Also, i've been pulled over 3 times since i installed my boost gauge in the base of the A pillar and the coppers haven't said a word to me about it, and it's obvious they can see it. Either too lazy to defect me or don't think it's a problem, although i have found the cops around here tend to not care too much about minor defectable things as long as you aren't hooning around.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
autometer smoked face is what i have, also has the white and red and looks exactly like the dash

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
ahh it doesnt have a dimmer but not sure about dimming with the lights on, ill check after work. Mine is in the ckock area anyway so it doesnt really distract me. Ill take a pic with it on at night

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
well steve has gone to more effort than i have, excuse the crappy phone camera pics but hey, its just to get an idea.

autometer doesnt dim when lights come on. i think i have the lighting wired up wrong, does anyone know if the clock dims when lights are turned on? atm the guage lights up whenever the ignition is on (needed because its smoked face) but just stays at that constant brightness

brightness:
21112009014.jpg

flash showing that i havent yet got round to making the ply surround:
21112009018.jpg

cittris

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tristian
Drive
2001 Tarmac Black Evo VII
G

Unregistered
someone got a photo of were to put vacuum hose through firewall, so i can mount boost guage pod above airvent

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Hayden, you run the line through the steering "boot" in the firewall. Make a very small incision and poke the bugger through. Then you run it up behind the dash to your desired location.

G

Unregistered
ok cool, thankyou... Wat is the size of the vacuum hose??? Need to buy a small piece for the mbc as per guide

minxy74

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
HJ Galant , CM5A GSR (project)
does anyone know if the autometer steering column mount off an evo fit on these??

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Test fit of my din mounted unit:
(mobile phone camera quality image below)
26122010123.jpg

Final install / guages working:
afc_guages.jpg

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Ooooh, Ralliart unit.... niiice :D I've just scored a freebie (Thanks Fieldy! :D) and I'll be putting it into my centre console fascia... it'll motivate me to finish it and mount the DiscoPC screen properly :)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
No probs Matt, hope it serves you well. Its not the best gauge in the world but it works.

Top Bottom