Boost gauge positioning

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Meh, it's all I need... I don't want any blingy startup fanfare & neon lights, just a needle that tells me how much more I need to wind the MBC up :D

Oh, and I hope your dash is alright :)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Trev told me you ripped a big hole in it.... how bad? :( Also, it's installed now... hardest bit was routing the vactube :( For the moment, it's sitting in the change pocket :D

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Hey Guys

Has anyone tried to put in GTR or GTiR triple gauges in. They sell for ~ $100 on ebay. It would look clean as they have black background vs the white from ralliart triple gauges.

I hope no one has asked this question before

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
they only go up to 7psi. im sure you are goin to boost it past 7?

the other two are volts an oil temp btw.

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Hey Guys

Has anyone tried to put in GTR or GTiR triple gauges in. They sell for ~ $100 on ebay. It would look clean as they have black background vs the white from ralliart triple gauges.

I hope no one has asked this question before

I will answer my own question. After doing some research i found that VDO distributor / agent have solved this problem for somebody else by supplying half a kit that is suitable for our cars without the gauges and then the main unit connects to the GTR / GTiR gauges. I am rubbish at explaining myself so I hope it makes sense but that’s how they got it to work.

G

Unregistered
I will answer my own question. After doing some research i found that VDO distributor / agent have solved this problem for somebody else by supplying half a kit that is suitable for our cars without the gauges and then the main unit connects to the GTR / GTiR gauges. I am rubbish at explaining myself so I hope it makes sense but that’s how they got it to work.
Not really lol.

Does anyone know of a single a-pillar gauge holder that fits/suits our a-pillars?

one of these...for a 52mm gauge

ResizeofDSC01130.jpg

ASH STEEVO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
VR4PLAY aka ASH
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S - VR4PLAY
wheres a good placew to get gauges installed?? and also buy?? mose well call me facepalm but i kno nothing about vaccum systems ect. but deff want a analog gauge for boost.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
wheres a good placew to get gauges installed?? and also buy?? mose well call me facepalm but i kno nothing about vaccum systems ect. but deff want a analog gauge for boost.

ok, this might come out the wrong way, but here goes:

MATE! PLEASE use some proper english and some grammar, especially when asking a question.

i personally have no intention of answering a question when i can barely read it.

coz lyk, pr0pah grmmah iz dah kool, and this is directed at everyone, not just you. this isnt 4chan or boostcruising. theres a time and place for lolspeak.

just make it readable so people dont have to decipher it

G

Unregistered
ok, this might come out the wrong way, but here goes:

MATE! PLEASE use some proper english and some grammar, especially when asking a question.

i personally have no intention of answering a question when i can barely read it.

coz lyk, pr0pah grmmah iz dah kool, and this is directed at everyone, not just you. this isnt 4chan or boostcruising. theres a time and place for lolspeak.

just make it readable so people dont have to decipher it

True. I hate reading emails or messages which have poor spelling or the completely wrong word written/typed etc, even full stops and commars can make such a huge difference to how a piece of text is read and interpreted, and I've had many unnecessary arguments resulting from poorly written text.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S

Agreed. It just makes it easier for everyone to read and there is a higher possibility of people answering your question.

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Installed my HDi EBC and boost guage over the weekend.

Few pictures of where I installed it.
IMG_20110426_170140.jpg

IMG_20110426_170150.jpg

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
This is where I put mine. Bought a spare A-pillar in case I need/want to return it to stock...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1309161922222.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1309161922222.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 212

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
I did exactly the same as above (same gauge cup!), but I used double sided tape (exterior mounting crazy stuff) and it's held up at least 2 months so far.. I did make it lean on the dash just though so removes how much weight is sitting on the actual tape.

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I tried industrial double sided tape, only lasted a couple weeks of hot days...

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
I just used tiny screws, can barely see the holes and the gauge hasn't moved in 2 years.

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
88 Astra turbo n 2012 Holden Cruze diesel hatch
if u havent found a suitable place im in the process of making a gauge pod to hold no more than 3 where the clock goes on the top of the dash n i can supply the gauges too.... just let me know what ur after n i can also install them too

Top Bottom