Brembo Friendly Wheels Thread

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Second hand that is.

New from Work Australia I was quoted about $900 a wheel. Will be cheaper direct from japan. If you speak to Jesse Streeter, mention the sizes you are after and say they need to clear Evo Brembos, he should be able to tell you which disk is needed.

And there are no problems copying a car, I'm flattered :p Means I'm doing it right ;)

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Any info as to whether they clear brembos? Definitley getting them in those specs just wanted to know if i would have the option to go brembos later on with these wheels

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Should do. Just contact work/ssr (apologies to Joel, can't remember if they're professors or miesters) see if they clear evo brembos.

I know with ssr, the professors come in three different faces

If they are the ones Zed had on his Legnum, they won't clear Brembos... and he had 19in's!

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Can someone help me out. 17x8 +42 BBS CH, will they clear?

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Possibly for my set of 17" tyres. 17x8 BBS > 17x7.5 O.Z with a buckle. Found a 2nd hand set cheap as chups bro.

Lol @ 30mm spacers, thats totally something I would do aswell!

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Work CR-Kai - 18 x 8.5 +40 (Maybe)

IMG_0774.jpg

I reckon there is around 1mm there. The wheel does spin..

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
wonder how they go during braking and cornering

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
My car doesn't drive. Wouldnt really be keen to try really. It looked like it should have been making a hitting noise or taking paint off. Wheels are definitely going back now :(

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Isn't that what happened to Steve (jdmvr4) with his 9.5 +30's. They cleared (just) but as soon as he started braking hard the hit?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Advan - RS (18x9 +29)
Rota - G-Force (18x9 +27)

Anyone care to comment on the difference in appearance between these similar style rims,
much noticeable difference in the concaveness department in favor of either offset?

Reason I ask is the local stockists only gets in +27 offset for the Rotas as I understand it...

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Looks like the advans appear to have more concave from a quick google search. Difference in price would be astonishing though lol.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Considering these or TE37 possibly in white but in the case of Advan/Rota was more curious about what different the offset would make (if any).

Comparing TomTom's (Advans) to another WA members Rotas they look to have a similar concave appearance but I believe the offsets are the same in this case i.e. 18x9 +29

DSC00883.JPG
DSC00914.JPG
39019424013_large.jpg
SNC00189.jpg

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Yeah the 2mm difference would be unnoticeable. Most of the time wheel manufacturers have 2 or 3 face designs and then obtain all the necessary offsets simply by machining (or casting/forging) the hub to suit. So in that case they would almost certainly look exactly the same.

Top Bottom