Brisbane Meet-Up 18/01/14

MDK87

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dean
Drive
E39A VR4
Hey guys, I'm rather new on here and I've been meaning to catch up with some of you at a meet but just been too busy.
I've been playing around with E39A VR4's for a while, had an Evo7 and the PFL EC5A is my new toy.

I'm organising a meet up this Saturday for the Galant / RVR guys and the Evo club are having a meet the same night.
We're planning for both groups to meet up at some point for a drive / car park yarn etc. after dinner and I'm wondering if anyone here would be interested in attending?
It would be good to have more 8G's at the meet and finally get the chance to meet some of you.

I'm organising dinner at a Mexican restaurant for the night, which will probably start around 6PM. It's located in Loganholme. Let me know if you'd like me to put you down for dinner as well. Otherwise feel free to just come along for the drive. :)

MDK87

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dean
Drive
E39A VR4
Thanks Derek, I've just done so :)

In regards to the dinner/cruise - I'll need to know solid numbers by Thursday if possible just so I can organise an appropriate booking at the restaurant.
Come on QLD members, don't be shy.. The way it's going, there'll be a whopping zero OZVR4 members there haha
Please PM me and I'll respond with the meet-up details and my number etc.
I figure it's best to keep the plan/route off public pages.
I'm hoping most of you will at least see this message in time. I'd really like more 8G's there - such a hot car! (y)

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Sorry man.
No can do. Won't get my car back from getting its new rear turbo installed til Sunday.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
I'm a maybe would be good to come out bur I am on call this week for work ill let u no by Thursday tho mate pretty keen to go for a cruise

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Do they have chicken feet at the mexican place? The 8th gen brisbane guys have tradition to preserve...

MDK87

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dean
Drive
E39A VR4
Haha yeah man the owner is my mate and he'll pretty much make what you want. I'll be having chicken as well. Please let me know as soon as you can if you'd like me to keep a seat aside for you :)

EDIT: just read that again properly.... And no I don't think he keeps chicken feet haha

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
I'll have to skip the restaurant mate but I'm deff keen for the cruise. Can u send me details meeting and where going to? Cheers mate :) now really hope replacing my rear spark plugs on Friday will sort my misfire and I'll be all smiles

MDK87

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dean
Drive
E39A VR4
I'll have to skip the restaurant mate but I'm deff keen for the cruise. Can u send me details meeting and where going to? Cheers mate :) now really hope replacing my rear spark plugs on Friday will sort my misfire and I'll be all smiles

Sending you a PM now buddy. :)

MDK87

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dean
Drive
E39A VR4
So I had quite an audible clicking/clunking sound coming from my rear left tyre when I took right hand turns (load / no load, high speed / low speed).
I thought it must be the rear CV shaft. I removed it and took it to driveshafts Australia in Slacks Creek and they pretty much told me that they couldn't help me because they don't stock and parts for the EC5A VR4 and that my best bet was to get hold of a 2nd hand one. I got him to re-boot it anyhow, hoping some fresh grease might help it along. Chucked it back in the car, clicking noise still there.

Before I realised that the 2nd hand shaft I received from NZ was the wrong one, I removed it again yesty and put it straight back in after I realised.
Then changed the rear brake pads, and compressed the coilover springs a bit more to give me some more height in the rear.
Now the noise seems to have disappeared. What could it have been?
The brake pads didn't show anything obscure and they tyres don't look to have ever been rubbing on anything. I'm a bit puzzled but I'm glad the noise is gone. I hope it stays away!

Now I'm ready for this cruise! :)

MDK87

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dean
Drive
E39A VR4
Guys I had a miscommunication with the evo crew. New meeting time is 9:15 in Loganholme.
I've sent all of you who are coming PM's. Cheers

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
"Siri, show me the way to go home -
I'm tired and I want to go to bed -
I got separated from the cruise about an hour ago -
And the mountain air has gone right to my head -"

Siri: "I'm sorry, I don't know where home is."

"Go kill yourself Siri"

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
"Siri, show me the way to go home -
I'm tired and I want to go to bed -
I got separated from the cruise about an hour ago -
And the mountain air has gone right to my head -"

Siri: "I'm sorry, I don't know where home is."

"Go kill yourself Siri"

Hahaha. Good night Rick?

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
How did u and BJ keep getting lost?

Apart for that was a great cruise awesome mountain drive and biggest cruise I've been on for a while. Had a blast, bit disappointed in how my car was running but made it no worries. And always great to meet some new faces.

MDK87

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dean
Drive
E39A VR4
Thanks T-J, I'll admit the night was a small disaster but I'm glad you enjoyed the drive.
If I wasn't so stressed trying to keep everything going to plan I'd have probably enjoyed it a lot more lol
It was a bit awkward having three mitsi groups there and no-one talking to another. I thought people would mingle more.
Nick I'm sorry we kept losing you, I really don't know how that happened twice.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
How did u and BJ keep getting lost?
No one ever told us where we were going or what the plan was, it was always just "GO GO GO WE'RE LEAVING NOW JUMP IN YOUR CAR"

Hahaha. Good night Rick?

Yeah, great night, this guy changed his mind once he realised we were wagons I guess...
vlcsnap-2014-01-19-01h32m45s22.png

It was a bit awkward having three mitsi groups there and no-one talking to another. I thought people would mingle more.

Yeah, sorry, intended to mingle more but spent most of the time trying to fix the problems we caused to BJs Legnum trying to LED the interior...
What I thought would be a few seconds work turned into searching for a fuse that supplies the interior lights, radio, and dash backlight... A contributing factor to us being left behind all the time.

Also, not such a good night for this poor little bugger on my way home. My AYC working well though I guess...

MDK87

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dean
Drive
E39A VR4
Did the cop pull you over? Where was this? We didn't see one the whole night. Hope you got off ok..

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
We were heading up the mountain thru some winding roads then all of a sudden he was coming the other direction and put his lights on as he came past, but we couldn't see him make any attempt to turn around, we went slowly for a while waiting for him then stopped when we could to see if he showed up.

Thought he might claim we fled or something and try to get us for auto impound or some BS so we waited around, we weren't doing anything wrong when he saw us so we weren't worried. Also didn't want to lead him to the rest of the guys where they were meeting. We waited a while and finally got BJs radio, map and instrument lights etc working in the meantime, (10A engine bay radio fuse).

Top Bottom