Brisbane Meet-Up 18/01/14

MDK87

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dean
Drive
E39A VR4
Yeah I remember at Loganholme I was almost yelling at you guys to say we were going but you were so engrossed in fault finding you couldn't hear me.
Although I waited for a good while and I thought I saw you walk to your car ready to go, then we left. Idk what happened after that cos we waited up the road alongside the footpath for you as well. I thought you must not be coming for the drive.
And at Oxenford, I waited till last for you guys but I didn't want to lose the pack because I couldn't get in contact with the lead.
Sorry you had such a bad night buddy.

I guess one good thing came out of it, you found the problem lol

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Its all good, was certainly an eventful night.

May I just recommend for future events that some sort of itinerary be put out beforehand so that if anyone gets separated, they can refer to that for the plan. All I knew was the loganholme HJs and a 7eleven in oxenford, I've been on other cruises before and usually check out the route on google maps beforehand so I have some idea what is going on.

Also, instead of "We're going now hurry up and follow us!" how about
"We're leaving the carpark now and will all line on the road out front before heading off"

At oxenford, by the time I got in my car, backed out and got going, there was no sign of anyone else, I didn't know if you turned left or right coming out of the 7eleven, just that you were going to Mt Tamborine (which, it turns out has multiple possible routes and GPS's don't recommend the most scenic one that is best for cruises)

Its all trial and error, the skyline club that I have cruised with had many failures before making walkie-talkies mandatory :D

MDK87

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dean
Drive
E39A VR4
No worries man thanks for the tips.

The biggest problem was managing the evo crew as they sort of dictated where we were going etc as they were the biggest group.
Otherwise I did want to bring route printouts with me and I asked them if they could bring CB radios but they said no so there wasn't much I could do. Also the evo organiser wouldn't give me his phone number which made things unnecessarily difficult. All in all though I'm glad they came. At least they're active I guess.

The times I was leading, I did make line-ups on the side of the road to wait for everyone (except you guys obviously).

Also, I think you can only turn left as you exit the 7/11 and the road signs highlight the way, but nevertheless I think the most important thing is to keep it just OZVR4 next time lol

In other news, T-J holy smokes I'm loving 8G PFL sedans in the colour black after seeing yours. Did they ever come in manual? If so I'm guessing they're rare..
And, if your car was running that well with the misfiring issues, I can't wait to see it once you've sorted it all out.
Very nice car mate. Although my personal opinion is, put the rear spoiler back on :p

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
Yeah I agree next time make some itinerary's and recommend ppl bring walkie talkies, also when its time to go give people a few min bumper just get everyone in their cars waiting to go, have 1 lead and 1 trail car that waits to ensure everyone has left together, atleast then the strays can have a guide if they fall behind. Apart from the organization much needed to become a regular event.

haha thanks mate yeah its painfully slow not being able to boost it, surprised I got u at the end still :p... Haha yeah they came manual but I havnt personally seen many so may be rare, and as for the wing it looks nicer without imo with the rims on there :p I love the silver on ur galant just looks clean and well modded

GVR40

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Craig
Drive
VR4 Galant
good to meet a few of you guys, sorry I didn't come for the whole cruise, if it was earlier I would have, but I have an ironman triathlon in 8 weeks that I needed to get up early and train for

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
I had to be up at 4.45 to go fishing :p, got home at 1.30...

Totally worth it,
black.jpg

Made me forget I was tired :D

Top Bottom