buying a leggy

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Fab, I've got a Galant VR-4 with a sunroof and it's been driven several times when it's been pelting down cats and dogs.

So far, not a single drop of water in the cabin!

From what I can gather, you're after a manual Legnum with sunroof, leather seats and some mods and you want to buy this locally. This is not a common combination and if you're not prepared to import one in, do expect to pay a premium for this combination.

Have you considered importing? You're more likely to get the spec you're after and pay a little less for it, especially with the strong AUD.

G

Unregistered
Fab, I've got a Galant VR-4 with a sunroof and it's been driven several times when it's been pelting down cats and dogs.

So far, not a single drop of water in the cabin!

From what I can gather, you're after a manual Legnum with sunroof, leather seats and some mods and you want to buy this locally. This is not a common combination and if you're not prepared to import one in, do expect to pay a premium for this combination.

Have you considered importing? You're more likely to get the spec you're after and pay a little less for it, especially with the strong AUD.

i want the race seats now actually, erm yerr i have thought about it, but you don get to test it or see it if you import. thats the only problem

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
A good importer should be able to give you some assurance regarding buying a car unseen.

Many of us have happily bought cars via the importing process with no drama.

Just a thought, given that you're after a less than common combination of features.

G

Unregistered
alright well ill give that a think, could someoner also please explain to me what is the type s, and the super i think it is?? i dont know, ive come across a couple of variations of a legnum??

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
If you want a combination as you have described, the only option you have is to import. I could almost GUARANTEE you will not get that combo locally for that sort of money.

If you want a low-rider, get some coilovers and put them on a car in good nick, not find a dodgy one thats already low.

If you want something locally for under $15, stay away from dealers as just a manual will cost you that.

Theres a manual series one manual with leather for sale in Victoria at the moment. Possibly not a bad option for you?

Haggiss

Crunching Gears
First Name
Corey Brazendale
Drive
Legnum VR-4 S2
Hey guys, whats going on in here??? :)

Yeah, that's mine. Tanabe coilovers so you can go as low as you want. Although it wont be able to handle going much lower with the 18"s..

G

Unregistered
Hey guys, whats going on in here??? :)

Yeah, that's mine. Tanabe coilovers so you can go as low as you want. Although it wont be able to handle going much lower with the 18"s..

hahah hey mate, i was talking to you yesterday bout your leggy, i didnt know you were on here

G

Unregistered
what model is it that comes with the recaros and momo steering wheel, is that a s2 type s or something?

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Oh dear !!!!!! <<<<<< SEE LINK <<<<<<< Fab, we're trying to help you, but please try searching for the answers before posting any more questions. This link will answer all the questions you have asked thus far. Its the same link I have posted previously for you to follow. Apologies if it appears I'm ripping you a new arsehole but can you atleast try my suggestions first......

Haggiss

Crunching Gears
First Name
Corey Brazendale
Drive
Legnum VR-4 S2
Mine is a Series 2 Type S.

Series 2's are the facelifted model, produced after 1999. Most people call them facelift (Series 2) or pre-facelift (Series 1)

My understanding is you could get a Type S and a Type V. The Type S was the 'higher spec' model with wheel arch flares, High-vis dash, AYC and probably other things (feel free to correct me guys)

and MOMO wheel, Recaros, Carbon Dash inserts, sunroof etc were options on all models.

Supers have Recaros, MOMO, extra body stuff, colour coded headlights (like mine :)) but ONLY come in an Auto.

G

Unregistered
Mine is a Series 2 Type S.

Series 2's are the facelifted model, produced after 1999. Most people call them facelift (Series 2) or pre-facelift (Series 1)

My understanding is you could get a Type S and a Type V. The Type S was the 'higher spec' model with wheel arch flares, High-vis dash, AYC and probably other things (feel free to correct me guys)

and MOMO wheel, Recaros, Carbon Dash inserts, sunroof etc were options on all models.

Supers have Recaros, MOMO, extra body stuff, colour coded headlights (like mine :)) but ONLY come in an Auto.

what do you mean by "options on all models" was that when they were bought new, people were able to choose for those extras??

so the legnum supers only come in an automatic transmission??

this is confusing stuff ahaha

and yes i did get the pics thanks mate

G

Unregistered
All the info is available via "search" .You've been signed up on here since May and you haven't found all the info you need:confused:.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Take it easy on him everyone please it's not his fault at all..

That's what happens when you own a Subaru :p

For looks, Supers are top of the line, but yes only available in tiptronic.

G

Unregistered
If purchased before 10 th December and minus the -amp, -speakers, -head unit, (all wiring left in place) -manual boost controller, -boost guage, -wheels/tyres (given back after you get new wheels in a given time frame) you can have it for $15,000

G

Unregistered
If purchased before 10 th December and minus the -amp, -speakers, -head unit, (all wiring left in place) -manual boost controller, -boost guage, -wheels/tyres (given back after you get new wheels in a given time frame) you can have it for $15,000
i would love to mate, but im not buying until this time next year cos i get off my ps march 2011 so yerr, not really worth me buying just as yet, just researching, seeing whats out there now

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
i would love to mate, but im not buying until this time next year cos i get off my ps march 2011 so yerr, not really worth me buying just as yet, just researching, seeing whats out there now

Then FAB, you have 16month of getting use to the search button, we are here to help when the search button doesn't produce a result. You've used up your quota of silly question & tyre kicking for the next 16months!!!!

Just Researching = using the Search Button !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom