what to look for when buying a legnum???

dr-25-lt

1000th Member!
First Name
michael
Drive
'98 white FL S2 legnum
hey again...

im sure u guys are probably getting sick of me by now, but as stated earlier, I'm looking at purchasing a legnum soon and wanna see one this tue or wed, and want to know what to look for...

ive looked thru the general questions, but i only seem to see whats happened to ur rides, not known problems...

Im sorry for being a pain, but ive owned an old alfa GTV and several 200sx, and all have had their probs, which i now know what to look for with those (shame legnums stole my heart... lol). Ive been burnt too many times and at times wanna give up n buy a new car so as to not worry bout crap, but i really really really want a legnum...

Any tips or threads to read would be of great assistance in regards to buying this beast...

Regards Michael.

G

Unregistered
Really this is the only stuff you should quickly check for.
The red ayc light to come on when starting the car abd should go out and stay off.If it comes back on then there are ayc issues may be small may be big.
Apart from that look for normal items. Check for ideling issues, start up issues so start the car when the motor is dead cold. Listen for excesive tappet noise. Check the oil and listen for noises.
Before you actually hand over any money once you find a car you like and that looks good you should book it in with one of the workshops that have done work on vr4's in nsw.
Then get the car on a hoist and look for other things like oil in the cooler pipes and a full general look over as even small things can then also let you haggle for a discounted price so having a proffesional look over even the best of cars still can save you as they will always pick up something which will let you bargain on the price.
Cheers

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Michael there's a whole thread dedicated to problems people have experienced with their cars. Its stickied in the General Questions section of the Workshop forum.

G

Unregistered
i read that thread about the problems but most of those seem to be wear and tear issues... i'd also be quite interested to know if there are any specific things to look for when looking at a legnum...

ie. what maxatk said about the drive train...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
i read that thread about the problems but most of those seem to be wear and tear issues... i'd also be quite interested to know if there are any specific things to look for when looking at a legnum...
You're joking, right? I freaken give up :banghead:

Top Bottom