BuzzPuppy's wedding (19th Sept). Loki's Back in Action! (Buxxx Night Summary)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
G'Day guys :)

Y'all know that I've always wanted Legnum wedding cars (and so does Katie, mind you) and after copping a hit to the rear on Monday (relatively minor), I haven't ascertained how long it'll take to fix along with the other bumps and scratches.

It's down @ Red Hill Winery Estate in the Mornington Peninsula and will be a "Kill Bill" funky style wedding. No, the girl's not rocking up in a yellow black-striped jumpsuit (I can only wish) but I was looking at two cars of the same colour.

There will definitely be a donation of sorts for your time and fuel as this event marks the end of pre-marital shenanigans. Post-marital, on the other hand :D

Cheers!

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Well i only know of one other black Legnum so it looks like i am out. Would be fun too! :eek:(

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Hehehe two different ones are also fine mate. I'd be riding your black one, if you'll have me :D

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Oh yeah... I gotta update that. It's been discussed in the QLD 17th August wash meet thread.

Long story short. Katie dropped me off at the airport on Sunday arvo since I was working in Brisbane (just got back last night). So anyway, she was driving back home and she'd stopped at the corner of Warrigal and North roads. A lady in a Holden Astra/Vectra (Katie didn't know the difference, she was too shook up) was distracted and applied the brakes a bit too late, hitting Loki in the arse.

I get this message-bank on my phone when I switch it on in Brisbane saying "Ummmm, hi babe. Something happened to the car. Call me as soon as you get this please. Bye". You can imagine how my heart sinks and I was now around 2,000km from home!

It was a pretty low speed nudge, thank God, but it's split the rear skirt where they attach with bolts to the left and right rear wheel wells. The bumper is scuffed but the brackets underneath holding them in place is bent out of shape.

He's looking quite dilapidated, with a split/cracked sideskirt (Katie), front driver's canard gouged, rear bumper corner and now another hit. She's saying that she's jinxed when she drives Loki.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
How about an Aristo.....wedding taxi....ha ha ha

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Well i am putting my hand up as a non-colour option...

Monty's and Steve's cars would look good..

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Kevin, fancy a drive down to Melbourne? I can imagine Katie sitting next to the baby capsule though :D

I'll be staying at the winery itself (we've got the house there!) and Katie is only like 3km down the road with her family getting ready. So the plan would be:

1) Chill out at Red Hill Winery from noon onwards (which you guys are more than welcome to)
2) Both cars heading over with me to pick up Katie an hour beforehand (photos, etc)... so it'd be some of her family too, Katie and two bridesmaids.
3) 5:30pm is showtime!

Either way, I can get someone to drive Loki if he's ready in time :) Don't worry, I'll add you as a nominated driver with Shannon's Insurance as well.

[edit] ACTUALLY... since I need to get there at 12 noon to book in. UNOFFICIAL OZVR4 CRUISE! Get Gav to the Peninsula... depart from a certain car park. My brothers/mates will meet us down there under their own steam :D :D :D Epic convoy and free ribbon for a bazillion cars!

G

Unregistered
Could you explain a "Kill Bill" funky style wedding to us please, just that I have my wedding coming up in 2 weeks and I've also roped in a couple of the OzVR4 members to be in the precision.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Basically, my suit reeks of Tarantino-cool Oyabun (Yakuza mob boss) style, mixed with a bit of Baz Luhrmann "Romeo-and-Juliet" influence.

I have a regimental white shirt, red cravat (planned way BEFORE MasterChef came on the air, thank you very much), 3/4 jacket and pants made of a material which has a subtle pinstripe. Not of colours but of fabric (matte/glossy black alternating) and is lined with deep red silk. The vest is black with a gold thread but if you look closely it's a fine pattern of dragons, tigers and phoenixes.

Katie bought as a wedding present my cufflinks... elegantly crossed 9mm Beretta pistols in finished pewter whilst hers are pearls set with a twist.

Shoes are two-tone white and black leather ;)

Katie's dress is going to be a secret (can't reveal it all here), but let's just say it's not quite conventional. All the guys will be in different suits, all custom made from Anton's over the years.

For those of you who know Anton's in Melbourne Central... you KNOW what style of suits they're going to be like. Go there for a peek if you haven't! Full credit to Anastasia, she helped me put it all together, custom 3/4 version of a certain jacket that I liked, a collar off this one, cuffs off this one, lining from this one... almost like building a show-car from the ground up but in a suit!

Something for the guys and girls (burlesque gear anyone?)

No sit down dinners here, since Katie and I have worked TONNES of weddings and are kinda sick of it plus seeing all the (everyone else's) family politics with seating arrangements, so it's cocktail/canapes style with wines from the place (brilliant) and we're supplying our own beer :D (Cooper's Pale ale)

[edit]Another Anton's link :D

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Gav, we're heading to the airport for a holiday on the 19th, otherwise I'd happily donate my car and my time. Weddings are fun! It's a pity, it'll be just down the peninsula from me...

bdscott

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
98 FL Leggy
Ohhh that's about 2 weeks after my first child is due so I am guessing I will be very busy otherwise I would have gladly volunteered my Leggy and seeing it is pearl white I assume it could have easily found a mate. Sorry about that. Any other time I would have been glad to help. Have a ball though

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I'm thinking yourself, Scottie or Joe at the moment :)

Or get in contact with Nick and trial out a fleet of Hummers they're compliancing at Tokyo Prestige *heheh*

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I'll have to chat to y'all at the eat-meet next Thursday night :)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Ok, update of plans. I couldn't wait for the lady who hit me to be back in two weeks, so I went ahead with the repair work and dropped the car off on Saturday.

Hopefully it'll be ready, even by Thursday's meet! Maybe one car down (Steve and Scottie), meet at my place... hand over keys to Loki and...

Yeah, I need to figure out more details!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Right.

Ladies and Gents of OZVR4. It's been a pleasure knowing you all. The both of us may not survive this weekend. Good Luck in all your future endeavours.

(signed)
Gavin's Eyebrows.

(...16 hours before the Buxxx Weekend begins)

Top Bottom