UK ClubVR4 is currently down

G

Unregistered
K I'd be looking at a HDD write error, possibly caused by a faulty HDD, controller, cable or even RAM. If its hardware related it should be relatively simple to track down in Event Manager though.

Good luck getting in to the system - you know if the site isn't actually that big, maybe you should have an automated backup to a remote location? You know, just in case something like this ever happens again?

Certainly something server side methinks, though what I dunno.

Yes, we have remote backups, that's what I'm trying to access as our hosting company doesn't have a backup of the SQL table I need (quite why that should be I'm not sure). Problem is I cannot access the remote backups. Certainly in the future though I think a double redundant backup plan will be implemented.

Tony - I know what you're saying but the situation would be the same, Barry or not.:(

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
Tony - I know what you're saying but the situation would be the same, Barry or not.:(
yes i know but somes times i think we all miss him. and situations like this remind me of him being on the case 24/7. as i said i know were in good hands and as you said its sod law.

G

Unregistered
yes i know but somes times i think we all miss him. and situations like this remind me of him being on the case 24/7. as i said i know were in good hands and as you said its sod law.

Thanks Tony - I must admit this is where Barry excelled, simply because he had a fully working offline copy of CVR4 and yes, he often put in 'all nighters' to get things fixed.

Anyway, I've just updated the holding page and I've told anyone with any urgent problems to visit here - Get the camps ready for the Ten Pound Poms!:ROFLMAO:

G

Unregistered
;) :ROFLMAO: .. cool, now i feel wanted :D
so how many have followed across to the other side of the world to see what's going on?

G

Unregistered
So finally getting my fix of a VR4 forum, been a nervous wreck since yesterday!

Anyways Hi all!

Anyone got Atik's mob number? As im meeting him at J15a tom morning early for Silverstone, if Nick doesnt make it then im hoping Atik has them. Oh and i have a spare ticket by the looks of it as Anna isnt coming!

Mike

G

Unregistered
Are Wodonjo or PSBrahms (hmm cant remember his username) on here ? Im suppose to be picking a gearbox up off them tomorrow and no where to contact them.

G

Unregistered
Hello all,

I feel empty without some VR4 forum chat... :(

Mike, I havent heard from Nick yet. Will call/text him shortly. I'm still on target for meeting at J15a services for 8am. To save confusion, I will initially be at the southbound services, and can meet the Nutter (and Malc I think?) over the otherside once we are ready. I take it its not competely safe to dish out my mobile number here. Will see if we get PM's or somthing here as itsmy first time on OzVR4.

PS, thanks for hosting us here for the time being guys.

Atik

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
this is a long way to go to say hello still we have the site to our selfs all the Ozzie's are in bed by now

ianturbo

Crunching Gears
First Name
ian
Drive
legnum vr4
you can't get rid of me that easy !!!:ROFLMAO:
hope you get it sorted soon , i feel like Billy no mates !!!!!
ian

G

Unregistered
This forum in Oz is MUCH better than the UK one ... it's UP! :ROFLMAO:

MPBVr4

Crunching Gears
First Name
Malc
Drive
1997 Vr4 Galant Type S
Hello all,

I feel empty without some VR4 forum chat... :(

Mike, I havent heard from Nick yet. Will call/text him shortly. I'm still on target for meeting at J15a services for 8am. To save confusion, I will initially be at the southbound services, and can meet the Nutter (and Malc I think?) over the otherside once we are ready. I take it its not competely safe to dish out my mobile number here. Will see if we get PM's or somthing here as itsmy first time on OzVR4.

PS, thanks for hosting us here for the time being guys.

Atik

I'm coming up from the West Country so I'll be going straight to Silverstone. Nevman is coming from the same direction as Nutter John I think he's going to the services J15a but not sure which side.
See you all in the morning. 5 am start for me.:(

Yep! Thanks guys for putting up with us, POMS!

G

Unregistered
Hi guys- thanks for bearing with us.... I'd like to say I have good news - But I don't! That said, I don't have any bad news either. Still playing the waiting game. If we get really stuck I think we'll HAVE to manually rebuild the user table.... Oh joy.

I should also like to thank OzVR4 for putting up with our mini-invasion, particularly since I didn't ask first - Thanks guys and I'm sorry if we're spamming up your forum - We'll bugger off as soon as we can!!

G

Unregistered
Yep, and thats scaring me even more now! Still, get to see how the car feels on track. I have two sessions booked, but dont think I'll be setting any quick times on it.

Anywhoo, I'm real excited about going now. Cant wait.

Top Bottom