Compliance at Shogun

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unregistered
Mine was completed there in 7 days. Had to wait 3 weeks for the plates. They were really helpful to deal with. Cost was $3055 I think.. I should now have my car on the 27th. YAY :)

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
do aftermarket bodykits need to be replaced for compliance? And how much extra do they slug you if they need to fit a standard exhaust or other parts just for compliance?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Dont worry about any of that ;)

my exhaust wasnt replaced, neither was the air filter thingy.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
yeh but will it get through regency as well?

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Err, you're kidding, right? :( Has it been heavily modified or something??

it was a test car for a RAWS workshop - i think the government paperwork is whats taken so long, not the workshops fault. That correct Paul?

sickvr4

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
my car should be on the next ship coming in about 3 weeks, and is getting complied at river city/shogun. hope my wait isn't ages!

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
^ Paul, you should post your car in the members "Rides Section" so we can check it out :)

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
they have to get everything back to factory to get it passed i was told, and you sign the contract saying that as well, after that its between you and them as to what happens to the aftermarket stuff

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Err, you're kidding, right? :( Has it been heavily modified or something??

I took a test car deal and it all went wrong from there. It's a long complicated story but basically my broker was told the wrong information which led to a much much longer wait than what was expected. It's been a very very stressful time for me...I haven't enjoyed importing at all and I'm at the point where the whole experience has ruined any excitement I had for the car. The only mods the car had was a cat back exhaust and aftermarket rims.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Noone should ever take a test deal...nor should test deals be offered to customers. And if they ever are...they should be made fully aware of all the possible problems and complications that could blow the time frame out by double and even triple (in my case).

If the car already had plates in australia available then I'd have no problem. The longest wait I've seen on here so far besides me is about 7 weeks...that's no issue. 9 months however...

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I'd imagine that you have a little cry everytime someone on here gets their car delivered. I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel (and its not a train) We have to get a NSW cruise happening !! lol :D

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
I was looking at bringing in a test car a start of last year for the VR4, however after i spoke to both Craig and Ben at j-spec about this i was put off by the idea because of the possible waiting time.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Don't do a test deal...no matter what anyone else says. Take it from my experience...I would GLADLY pay the 3000, hell even 4000 to have avoided this problem. People just don't quite understand the stress this whole thing has put on my life, my work, my relationships with my g/f and friends and family. I'm at a breaking point and I'm seeing if I can afford to get a flight to Adelaide to see the car in the flesh because frankly, I'm starting to believe the skeptics and I don't want to.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
The skeptics? As in, 'they don't even HAVE your car, you've been screwed'?

Dude that's really REALLY crap - the freaken workshop should give you half the cost of the car back for that - THEY'RE the only ones getting anything out of this, after all.

Hmm makes me think we should take up a collection or something - if 20 people chuck in $500 each we'd be most of the way to getting you a NEW car imported!

Who is your broker?? How did it get screwed up that badly?? I know what I've been hearing from the import guys I've talked to, and they've been pretty adamant that they would never let a customer get the raw end of a deal like that...

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Yes I've had friends ask me if I'm sure it's all legit, they're not being a-holes or anything, they're just genuinely concerned for me. It's just that after a while the question swims around your head and you start to believe it yourself, which I don't want to do.

As far as my broker, there's only a small part of it that is his fault. The major blame lies amongst the person who was writing the evidence package when I was looking for my car and the ridiculous wait at DOTARS for an inspection.

Initially I was told (when I bought the car in last Oct/Nov) that it would all be done by late Jan/Early Feb. This was told to me by my broker because he was told by the guy writing the evidence package that the package would be done by early Jan. What we didn't know was that he just said that to shut people up and he was still about 4 months off finishing it.

When it was finished, the workshop started work on my car and got it done quickly, then when they were about to book an inspection, they found out the guy who wrote the evidence had changed the ruling for the child safety restraint without telling them. So they had to get a new one made up and it took ages to get it done.

Then they got that, fitted it and booked the inspection, there was about 4-6 weeks (I think) waiting for the inspection date, then it was inspected.

After the inspection there are what's called "discussion items" that have to be addressed in the paperwork. Then once they're all fixed the paperwork goes back into a queue in DOTARS awaiting a final check. Then the car is passed completely and they get the plates and I get my car.

This is where my car is at at the moment. But god knows how long it could take. Any time frame I've been told at any point in this saga has blown out of proportion, so when I ask...I add a month to it.

lol I dont want a collection haha. I just want my car that's in Adelaide to be complied and in my driveway.

My broker has been really good to deal with. The only thing is I wish I was told that test car deals had high chances of blowing out to really really long waits. I would've just left the car in storage in japan and then shipped it over and got it done through shogun

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Hi Paul,

really sorry to hear your saga still continues...

There was a member on the old forums (his name was Aaron I think) who took a similar deal through Brisbane Unique Cars, that I had been also thinking about taking.

It was supposed to be ready by September, hopefully he has better luck but it makes me glad I went and bought one in through the usual channels.

I hope it's ready soon mate, I really feel fo ya.

cheers

Lee

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Wow, that's a great deal of hassle :( Well I really hope it gets through soon - hopefully the end is near though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom