Status
Not open for further replies.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Cheers guys, Don't mean to sound like a whinger or anything. I've just had enough. I'm in contact with DOTARS as well

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Got the call yeasterday afternoon.

Plates are on and the Cars about the be freighted down.

Whoopee...... (Sorry Paul)

:D

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 18
G

Unregistered
I recon u should have the car taken to another workshop right now and get it done ... U have more patience than anyone I know ... if there was a patience award u would win ...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
From what Patient Paul said, Takumi, its no longer in the hands of the workshop - its with DOTARS awaiting final approval. So just have to wait for a govt dept to do their job... and knowing how they work that could take a very long time indeed :(

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Got the call yeasterday afternoon.

Plates are on and the Cars about the be freighted down.

Whoopee...... (Sorry Paul)

:D

That seemed pretty quick ! What date did you buy the car ?

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
I paid for the car on 4 May 2007

It was at Brisbane Docks on 14 Jun 2007

Ummm I think it was there for a week...

Its been at River City/Shogun since then

G

Unregistered
Hey did u guys let the workshop know well in advance that ur car was coming ... i don't understand y they have no plates if they know ur car is coming ?

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Don't do a test deal...no matter what anyone else says. Take it from my experience...I would GLADLY pay the 3000, hell even 4000 to have avoided this problem. People just don't quite understand the stress this whole thing has put on my life, my work, my relationships with my g/f and friends and family. I'm at a breaking point and I'm seeing if I can afford to get a flight to Adelaide to see the car in the flesh because frankly, I'm starting to believe the skeptics and I don't want to.

Hey mate,

If you arrange it, I can pop around there on the weekend and take some photo's for you...?

Send me a email and we can go from there if you want...

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Takuni, it's difficult to keep track of plates sometimes, because you're only allowed to do 100 from any vehicle category in any 12 month period - if you have a whole heap of different models you're complying, and you're getting lots of work, often the first time you find you've run out of plates is when you're told by DoTaRS, and even then they get it wrong too - one workshop was told by DoTaRS they'd hit their limit, only to later find that they still had another 30 plates left...

G

Unregistered
Takuni, it's difficult to keep track of plates sometimes, because you're only allowed to do 100 from any vehicle category in any 12 month period - if you have a whole heap of different models you're complying, and you're getting lots of work, often the first time you find you've run out of plates is when you're told by DoTaRS, and even then they get it wrong too - one workshop was told by DoTaRS they'd hit their limit, only to later find that they still had another 30 plates left...

So does the workshop have the full 100 plates a year ? So is Shogun waiting for the next 100 ? Surely its not that hard to count to a hundred ...

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Shogun has 100, as does river city compliance, so the workshop has 200 all up for the first 12 months. I beleive the first 100 have gone?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Good to see more cars getting done :D I don't mind seeing other's cars finished. It's life...I have to deal with it. ;)

G

Unregistered
loooooooong gone, that was the main delay with my car, it was being transfered from river city to shogun.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
has anyone had troubles contacting Shogun? Ive tried calling a few times today but no answer...

I just want to know a things such as when they think it will be finished, how far away plates are etc. The car has been there a week and they havent contacted me at all - not sure if this is normal or not.

I have 2 numbers, 07 3881 1771 and 07 3881 1772, Ive tried both obviously.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I called them yesterday and spoke to Heath, he said that my group (not quite sure who that is exactly) are almost done but my info was lost so they had to re fax it to get the compliance plates...

Not happy Jan...

G

Unregistered
I was actually in there today - went to look at the purple Galant Kristian has there. Unfortunately, they couldn't find it or contact him... :confused:

Assuming that nothing funny has happened, I'll probably be going back next Friday to see the car. If anyone wants me to check out their cars for them, I'll see what I can do.

Leigh

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Oh yea! Please! Mine is the black auto with a funky custom blue and white dash/radio thingy.

G

Unregistered
Ok I was under the impression that they got a certain number of plates per vehicle type??

So the limit was per model not just in general 100 per 12 months?

If this is wrong and they are seriously taking 7+ weeks per car regardless of car type (i.e. mine is a stagea) then GRRR! I could have brought mine down and got it done locally in that time frame...

My local compliance place was out of plates but was getting their next batch by September / October... at the rate RCC is getting cars through (from what you guys have described) especially if the plates are generic and not per car type then I am not likely to see my car before Christmas!! :(

My car is due to land in QLD any day now...

Bugger!

G

Unregistered
Oh yea! Please! Mine is the black auto with a funky custom blue and white dash/radio thingy.
After the disappointment I've had today, best you PM the chassis number to make sure that we can track the car down....:rolleyes:

Leigh

G

Unregistered
I'll probably be going back next Friday to see the car. If anyone wants me to check out their cars for them, I'll see what I can do.

Leigh

:) If by chance you see a pearl white Stagea with 18" gold rims and a Dayz Body kit in their yard - can you let me know if the front of the kit survived shipping? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom