Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
ShadowKnyght - you probably don't want to know that the workshop in SA that ran out of plates actually had still had some. It turned out DoTaRS, having cut them off from complying any more cars, had made a stuff up and they still had a dozen or so left...

VR4-Psych - Heath did get on to me, but I was teaching and couldn't call him back till lunch time :) I'll PM you the chassis number.

G

Unregistered
I just hope they can actually find the car with it! Lol...

Leigh

G

Unregistered
The 100 plate allocation is not per type of car, but per category (ie 100 passenger vehicle category, 100 for large 4WD category, 100 for commercial truck category, etc). This is why many workshops have compliance for Delicas even though demand isn't that high for them, it's kind of like 'free' plates for a workshop who is maxing out their MA category (passenger vehicle) each year and is sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

Each workshop is allocated 130 plates per year but only 100 can be complied per year, I think this is why workshops get themselves into trouble. The extra 30 plates are for a workshop to get import approval but not necessarily comply them, otherwise workshops would have a drought during the time when their plates were reissued but they hadn't actually got import approval for anything because they can't.

You guys will be experts on the compliance laws but the time I'm done :)

In regards to Shogun/River City taking a long time we've been hearing a few complaints lately, they used to be very good in the past but in the last few months things have been taking too long. I'll be talking to them next week (I've also had a hard time getting them on the phone) about what's going on, obviously I'll be mostly fighting for my customer's cars but I'll find out for everyone's benefit what's going on and will let everyone here know the deal. I'll let 'em know people are complaining on a VR-4 forum so it's in their best interests to get all of the VR-4's they have done quickly :)

G

Unregistered
i paid my transport bill exactly 2 months ago, and the car went to river city/shogun basically that day, and my car still doesnt have a plate, and only got mechanically complied on monday.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
ShadowKnyght - you probably don't want to know that the workshop in SA that ran out of plates actually had still had some. It turned out DoTaRS, having cut them off from complying any more cars, had made a stuff up and they still had a dozen or so left...

dammit! i wanted my car complied in SA. I doubt shogun have done anything to my car yet, so is there any chance mine can get shipped down here Kristian?

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
If you transferred it, it would take longer anyway...

Their plates for Legnum aren't through until, basically, VR04TT gets his car...

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
If you transferred it, it would take longer anyway...

Their plates for Legnum aren't through until, basically, VR04TT gets his car...

ah yeh thats right, could be another year then.

G

Unregistered
Kristian - can we transfer the Super VR4 to SSV in Victoria? They said mine should only take a couple of weeks and they'll do the work straight away..

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
I suppose mine will sit in que when it arrives... I may get a great christmas present by the sounds of it.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
The SuperVR4 is in this queue? This should prove interesting :(

G

Unregistered
Bugger if you are talking about:
10110 LEADER VEHICLES PTY LTD PREMIUM MOTOR COMPANY 32 077 744 168 WINDSOR GARDENS SA AUSTRALIA

Then man I am pissed!

My Stagea has some mods on it (Exhaust, suspension etc) that mean getting it complied in QLD will lead to either a lot of work on my end to then take it over the pits at regency or a few hundred dollars out of pocket to pay a local mechanic to convert back to standard and then back to modded form - this being on top of paying for compliancing in QLD...

I went to QLD only as I thought I had no other choice - but if:
1) RCC are going to take 2+ months and
2) Leader still had more plates left anyway then - BUGGER! I could have had it complied here in SA and they would have taken her over the pits on my behalf which would have saved a huge amount of money and stress...

DAMN!

I will also not be impressed if RCC has actually run out of Plates that can be used (as apposed to the 30 mentioned that are only to secure import approval) when the only reason I went with them is because they where supposed to have plates when leader did not...

Would have been nice to know that RCC where so snowed under with work... that being said hindsight always gives 20/20 vision.

And If I had held off and left the car in Japan - the shipping would have cost a stack more with the Ozzie dollar dropping to well under 0.80 USD but the increase would not have been near the cost difference of getting the car done locally compared to in QLD! <SULK> - </RANT> :D

And I was naively getting excited that I might finally be able to take the kids and their ride on toys out for a trip shortly (2 to 4 weeks at the most).

I should know better by now - this is after all my 5th import... but I suppose this is why women want more than one child - one quickly forgets the waiting and pain one goes through when you get caught up in the idea of a new car more so than the process required to get it...

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I should add that this is no fault of your broker - hell the workshop themselves didn't even realise they still had plates left. AS my old boss told me in Japan "If your aunty had balls, she'd be your uncle" which probably applies well in this situation.

I would still speak to Leader about getting the car ready for Regency. Let me know when the time comes to do the work.

G

Unregistered
Not blaming Ben / J-spec - just generally pissed at the universe for chucking so much bad luck in my direction. :)

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
In regards to Shogun/River City taking a long time we've been hearing a few complaints lately, they used to be very good in the past but in the last few months things have been taking too long. I'll be talking to them next week (I've also had a hard time getting them on the phone) about what's going on, obviously I'll be mostly fighting for my customer's cars

Please let me know how that goes Ben.
Mine has been there for almost a month now - which is fine. But they havn't been replying to my emails for the past two weeks which is very frustrating.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
In fairness to them, Danielle, who was effectively the backbone of the company, left at the end of the week before last to start a new job, so they have a skeleton crew until their new manager starts in the first week of September.

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Please let me know how that goes Ben.
Mine has been there for almost a month now - which is fine. But they havn't been replying to my emails for the past two weeks which is very frustrating.

They have an email address...... (Shogun/River City)

Can you give it out ?

Coz my phone bill is gonna be a whopper....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom