Compliance at Shogun

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unregistered
Not much point - I was given it and I sent them a few emails initially and never got a response - only when I rang them and asked did I even get confirmation that they had received them (my emails) at all.

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
i paid my transport bill exactly 2 months ago, and the car went to river city/shogun basically that day, and my car still doesnt have a plate, and only got mechanically complied on monday.

In the same group of cars as mine Mitchy....

However I got my car plated last Monday, and was told that its all moving along....Freight etc etc

Its now been a week, and I have not heard a thing.

Perhaps they are waiting to comply them all, and send all the east coast deliveries on the one transport....

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
Spoke to soon.

Its leaving Shogun now...

One problem that Heath just found on the car and didn't notice before. Its got some major rust issues on the left strut tower. And he said they need to be repaired before rego.

RUST !

:mad:

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
I think it takes about five days from when they ring the transport company until they get around to picking it up, that was the deal with mine.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I called them today and they were quite helpful - they dont know too much about the status of my car yet (they havent got to it yet) but said a compliance plate is just 2 weeks away? Not sure if that was just wishful thinking on their part...

G

Unregistered
I called them today and they were quite helpful - they dont know too much about the status of my car yet (they havent got to it yet) but said a compliance plate is just 2 weeks away? Not sure if that was just wishful thinking on their part...
Same here. I've had a little to deal with them over the past week and they have been very helpful to me. I was told another 2 weeks (making 3 total), too.

Leigh

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I had a word to them today about making sure they push all their Galants/Legnums through because we're all talking about them on here! :)

For the record, I have two Galants, two Legnums and a Civic Type R of my own all sitting their being pushed back and back for your guys - the things I do to keep my customers happy...

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Kristian and Ben, we do appreciate your efforts and perseverance in this. Cheers for everyone on keeping us updated in what's happenin'.

G

Unregistered
The key boards warriors have gone on the attack here and are confusing people or just pissing off others.

If some of you in the industry are big experts on RAWS then make a comment, but if you were that good why not put your balls on the line and be a RAW not just sit back pretending to look important.

A RAW can have 130 "Import Approvals" issued every 12 months and 100 "Compliance Plates" every 12 months but it is not every 12 months you get another 100 plates it is a rolling allocation system.

You can not get a boat load of 30 cars, comply them in a couple of days and then spend the next day doing all the paperwork so all the 30 cars are plated in a week or so.

The fact is at most workshops the line to get the car plated it is who paid the most for the plate, who is a larger dealer with repeat jobs, who has cars that are easy to comply, who hasn't pissed me off by ringing DOTRS.......and at the bottom of the list is the people who were ringing every day or made statements like "I'll let 'em know people are complaining on a VR-4 forum so it's in their best interests to get all of the VR-4's they have done quickly" as workshops go well lets add another week and blame DOTRS.

You pay for what you get, I bet if you paid $3,500 instead of $3,000 as you screwed the price down earlier but you will pay more then the dealers and you will jump the queue..........think about it when business is business $4,500 for one car and $3,000 for another that takes longer to do what car will you do first.

You save money by importing your self and their is a reason why you save this money so you really brought it on your self, if you didn't want the grief you would buy off a dealer but you chose not to.

I am not saying it is right I am just explaining how it goes and it is a fact of life.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Nigel, did a broker piss you off in a past life or something?

I could easily say the same about you - if you think brokers do such a shit job, maybe you should take it up and show us how it should be done??

I've never screwed a RAW on compliance costs - in fact I KNOW that they charge other people less than they charge me, but I still pay it, because I beleive everyone deserves to make a profit. No-one's running a charity.

On the flip side, I could count on one hand the number of car dealers Australia-wide who would pay a cent more than they had to for any expense for a car, compliance included.

I don't need to screw the price down on compliance - the RAWs are doing a pretty good job of that all by themselves. Hell, I could get compliance for an R33 in Sydney for $1500 if I really wanted to, but I always pay $3000 plus tyres as a minimum for every car I bring in.

I don't expect preferential treatment if my customers are paying the same as everyone else, I just expect a fair go. In a very specific car forum, where one business is supplying virtually all the vehicles, its common sense that they would want to avoid negative feedback - I mention these things to them for the sake of my customers, but also for the workshops themselves.

I did the SEVS eligibility application for Galant/Legnum VR-4s, the N15 VZ-R 3 door and the EP3 Civic Type R, and I have another four or five applications for other vehicles currently in the system, and I don't receive a cent for it - I do it because I love cars and I want to see them become available in Australia. Even if I pull the pin, I get satisfaction from seeing certain models on the road and knowing that it was my initial application that got them in. Having a broad range of cars is good for the industry as a whole, including the workshops. I've got workshops ringing me asking to help them with applications for new cars to be put on the register.

So don't presume to know who I am and what my agenda is - I obviously act in the best interests of my customers, but I also try to preserve the long term interests of the industry. If people keep shafting workshops, there won't be anyone to comply any cars in the next 5 years, and that's bad for everyone, me included.

G

Unregistered
Yeah - I would also get a major kick out of knowing - "hey see that car - it is only importable in Oz because I applied for it to be so!"

Good Job Chef!! ;)

BTW - I emailed RCC and Heath got back to me in less than 24 hours. All is due to proceed smoothly once my car arrives (obviously it is still either at the docks or ??? )

So good news for me! :)

I take it from this that stageas must be a little easier then than VR4's?

So I am smiling again... :D (Geez you guys gave me the jitters! ;) )

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I did the SEVS eligibility application for Galant/Legnum VR-4s, the N15 VZ-R 3 door and the EP3 Civic Type R, and I have another four or five applications for other vehicles currently in the system, and I don't receive a cent for it - I do it because I love cars and I want to see them become available in Australia.

Big thanks to you Kristian, this place wouldn't be here without it.

Can you give us a quick rundown on what is involved in a SEVS application and how long it takes ?

:)

G

Unregistered
You save money by importing your self and their is a reason why you save this money so you really brought it on your self, if you didn't want the grief you would buy off a dealer but you chose not to.

I chose to import because I don't see many, if any VR4s at dealers. Thats probably the case of 95% of the people here. We're not buying R33s that are stocked up everywhere.

Which workshop do you represent?

G

Unregistered
Hmmmm ... pay $20,000+ at a dealer or $14,000 personal import ?
Choose between maybe 2 cars at a dealer, or 1-10 cars a day at auction ?
I think I know wat i prefer ... Problem seems to be with the Compliance Workshop to me ... Its sounds really simple to me, the workshop gets asked to compliance a car, they check to make sure they have enough plates ... I don't understand y people have to wait so long. Mine took 4 - 5 days, maybe I was just lucky, or got a more organised workshop ...

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Don't forget takumi, there are checks on the recall status of certain parts (some ball joints, AYC, etc). I'd prefer to have those checked out :) Agreed on going with the import route too with the amount of choice.

G

Unregistered
I never said any certain person or business does a shit job or that I can do a better job.

I never said you screw people on the prices as discussed before the industry cut it's own throat their.

I never said buying from a dealer is better then importing your self.

I made comment about plate allocation, time frames and people make their own decisions in life so people shouldn't blame a business on a forum when this one has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars over a lot of years.

On another note if a workshop cant get a car on the register itself well I shake my head their and getting it on the register is the easy part getting approval is the hard part.

You want to see delays well I have more story's then you can poke a stick at but it is a part of the industry you have to accept.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
I can hear the reverse beeper from here ;)

Of course there are delays, but that's why workshops generally do wholesale and brokers and dealers do retail - most workshops find retail customers too much hard work.

Customers on here are venting their frustrations, sure, but that's because they've paid their money and are keen to get their cars. We all understand that Shogun are enormously busy and they're doing the best they can to get everyone's cars through, but it doesn't stop the wait being frustrating. It's just human nature.

G

Unregistered
Luckily the brokers tell the buyers that compliance can take about 3 weeks. But anything over that is not the buyers problem. It boils down to bad management, if they are too busy they shouldn't except the cars ... its not the buyers problem that the compliance workshop can't meet their timelines, they pay for a service so they should get what they pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom