Cut and polish

Quintenperren

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Quinten Perren
Drive
Legnum
Hey guys :)
How much does it roughly cost to get a cut an polish done ? Anyone on here a detailer ? Any volunteers ? Haha

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Anywhere from $2-400. Depending on how bad and what u require as in finish.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Drive to alfalfa and get Adam to do it lol

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
I'm also interested and would appreciate any referrals or recommendations.

Quintenperren

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Quinten Perren
Drive
Legnum
Or any tips to do it yourself ?? Had a crack by hand but didnt cut to much into the clear coat, and took ages. Got a few light straches to get out :(

battery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
b
Drive
a car
Or any tips to do it yourself ?? Had a crack by hand but didnt cut to much into the clear coat, and took ages. Got a few light straches to get out :(

What product/method are you using?

I used to do the whole claybar/polish/wax thing but its a pain in the ass so now i just wash by hand using the two bucket method and then maybe a little ScratchX for any nasty stuff.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
If you want to do it on the cheap and easy...
polisher: http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/240mm-Car-Polisher.aspx?pid=135297#Combo
plus
polish/wax: http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...et-Look-Cleaner-Wax-473ml.aspx?pid=1127#Cross
I have used the wet look cleaner and it removed all my fine scratches and swirls. With an electric polisher it doesn't take long and is not hard work.

If you want to spend a bit more time and money I also recommend this kit...
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...Restoration-Kit-8-piece.aspx?pid=295176#Cross
Process is clean your car, use clay bar/quick detailer, use electric polisher with ultimate compound and then electric polisher to apply wax. All cars I have done this on look like new afterwards.

Sometimes those electric polishers are on special for $25, that is what I paid for mine.

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Vic guys get onto Maurie from http://reflection-perfection.com.au/ Champion bloke who is extremely passionate, not the cheapest but you truly get what you pay for. Tell him Adam from Eye Candy Detailing sent you and Im sure he will look after you.

He is an authorised Carpro Detailer like myself

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
How bout in NSW. any reputable detailer?

try DIY if you have the time, its a fun and satisfying thing to do. I use Meg's gold class shampoo, Clay, meg's Ultimate compound (depends on the paint, might not need it), ultimate polish, then gold class wax.
Good result, from blurrish light reflection to nearly mirror shine. Although not as good as Adam's work.

Compound and polish carried out by rotary polisher(those big heavy ones) not the best, took me a while to learn how to control it and cause fatigue pretty fast. but it was a xmas present.
I suggest a DA polisher, some good pads( eg ,menzerna), polish and you should be good.

G

Unregistered
Compound and polish carried out by rotary polisher(those big heavy ones) not the best, took me a while to learn how to control it and cause fatigue pretty fast. but it was a xmas present.
I suggest a DA polisher, some good pads( eg ,menzerna), polish and you should be good.

And a paint thickness gauge, they are cheap insurance even if working by hand.

eyecandy

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Adam
Drive
Evo VII GSR
Ive never used a paint thickness guage in my life, I think they are a waste of money if you have a trained eye.

The above advice on a good DA (dual action) polisher is the way to go for sure. There are starter kits on waxit.com for the Concourse C900 with 3 polishes and 3 pads (Lake country are the best) for around $300. You will have the polisher for ever, easy and safe to use compared to a rotary polisher, and will achieve excellent results. I still use mine all the time but I'm on my third set of brushes! Its copped a beating and still goes strong.

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
Anyone you know in NSW Adam? Or maybe you want to fly here :p
But I know due to the nature of your work, its probably not worth the trip.

Top Bottom