Dodgy clock (and Replacing it with a trip computer)

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Craig, they didn't give you the source code for the atmel? I have some ideas for improvements.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Craig, they didn't give you the source code for the atmel? I have some ideas for improvements.

Did you just swear at me? :p

I'm guessing you mean the programing stuff for the little processor on it, The guy gave me a couple of CD's they seem to have some sort of programming stuff on them but I think its in polish.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
what is your payment details again mate?
can you PM it to me?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
PM sent Irwin.

This is the last week I'll be in Darwin and I don't get back from leave till 7th of Jan. For the guys who haven't payed the $8 postage if you want these before the new year I'll need your payment this week.

Thanks.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
PM sent Irwin.

This is the last week I'll be in Darwin and I don't get back from leave till 7th of Jan. For the guys who haven't payed the $8 postage if you want these before the new year I'll need your payment this week.

Thanks.

if that is the case, I'll make the postage payment when I returned from my holidays as well as this is my last week and will be back by end of January. Is hope this is ok as no one will be receiving the parcel.

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Sorry Craig, I was away last week, but I've just sent you through the eight bucks now. Cheers mate

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
So is your one all in and working? Haven't even started lol :(

Not quite... i've assembled it but havent modified the clock to fit it in.

Did you just swear at me? :p

I'm guessing you mean the programing stuff for the little processor on it, The guy gave me a couple of CD's they seem to have some sort of programming stuff on them but I think its in polish.

Reckon you could upload it, or the instructions to it? I'm happy to change the code to correct the spelling errors another glitches with it - depends on what complier it was written in.

Also, I cant seem to find any wat of getting it back to the initial calibration screen.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
I can try to upload it but I don't know if its too big for the limit on the site, Ill have to check it out tomorrow its getting late. I still need to see if the admins can make the .doc size limit a little bigger so I can attach the OEM manual for people to download.

I'm not sure how you will access the programing on the board, do you have the required cable? Awesome if you do.

With the calibration, I'm sure there is an option on one of the screens "kalibration" or something like that. either that or you have to hold down all three buttons at once till it goes into calibration mode. Please let me know if that doesn't work and ill look into it further.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Ok SA deliveries to me so far
SA
1.ECfiveA
2.ed84
3.steveP
4.BCX
5.MooIsTaken
6.JUSTCRUZN
7.twisted32

I think its just bogan bob to confirm from SA

Just checked back on the orders I didn't realise Bogan Bob cancelled so all the SA guys have confirmed.

I will pay for the total postage to SA and when you guys pick them up you can pay me back your share, if thats ok with you all.

I'll send a PM when I get them too

Sorry I am out of the loop. Havent been on here for a month or so.
I am from SA (Adelaide). Would mine have been sent in the SA group?
Who do I need to contact to organise mine?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
I believe I still have yours. I'm out of town and won't be back till the 7th of Jan. Send me a pm around then and I'll sort it out for you ;)

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
quick question, i have not actually put mine together yet so i dont know, but do you have to tell it how many cylinders your car has? or is it pre-pregrammed to be used on a car with 6?
as i would like to use it on a different car

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Can be used in any car. The calibration works out injector pulse and other stuff, black magic happens and it tells you your fuel economy :p

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Not currently, haven't gotten round to recalibrating mine, its a little out :p

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Sorry to divert back to the factory clock...

Tried pulling mine out... Scared the hell out of me. Slightly cracked the top left of the clear plastic screen in the process.

Finally the rear top cover clips let go... but the clock itself stayed behind, snapping the plastic connecting posts between the clock and the top cover. Should be able to glue back on once I get the clock itself out. HOW THE HELL DO I DO THAT??? I came inside to calm down a bit, so any help would be appreciated.

Think I might get a quote for a fibreglass gauge mount to be made to go there anyway... more useful.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Not entirely sure what you mean mate, some pictures would be helpful to show your problem.

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Sorry to divert back to the factory clock...

Tried pulling mine out... Scared the hell out of me. Slightly cracked the top left of the clear plastic screen in the process.

Finally the rear top cover clips let go... but the clock itself stayed behind, snapping the plastic connecting posts between the clock and the top cover. Should be able to glue back on once I get the clock itself out. HOW THE HELL DO I DO THAT??? I came inside to calm down a bit, so any help would be appreciated.

Think I might get a quote for a fibreglass gauge mount to be made to go there anyway... more useful.

The cover has two rear clips (widely spaced), the clock two front clips (narrowly spaced) which are like metal canoe type plugs. The clock bolts to the cover with two decent sized screws so the whole unit has 4 clips when whole. If you grip the whole clock (you should be able to get two finger holds behind it and pull up smoothly it should pop out. Of course if its bad you can pull the stereo surround and air vents out and you MAY be able to get to the clips from below and squeeze the clip to make removal easier.

Top Bottom