ECUFlash Definitions

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Hey guys, so I've started by tuning noob journey. @BCX or @TME_Steve is there a newer definition file - not including the special TME one - that changes the language of some parameters from (untested) if they have actually been tested?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Sort of. Its something we're working on as part of flex. A lot of the untested ones are now tested plus a few more but is all a mess that bill wrote some software to clean up. But it's one of those one day things. Tbh it's not a priority like adding more to flex is

Cheers,

Steve

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
@TME_Steve did you pass on to Bill my def file that the guy in NZ fixed, that also made the map tracer function work properly?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yeahup

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Cant edit my original posts to add this, but here's the defs for TCU

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
I know that nowadays this is a boring subject. But since we have started using 1000cc injectors we have encountered some problems.

I have understood that there are in fact 3 enrichment factors in a Mitsubishi software.

One is enrichmenct during cranking, one is just after that (decays) and there should be one that is always present.

Addresses are from 20030013 rom.

We are aware of two separate addresses 115f0 that should a encrichment during cranking and 1155c that is described by the british as an always present enrichment.
With big ethanol fuel it seems that adding the enrichment in addres 115f0 seems to help startup and 1155c MAYBE seems to help keep the engine right after startup (ethanol fuel) but after that AFR's get too far too rich with bigger injectors. So could 1155c actually be a factor which always gives more enrichment?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
@TME_Steve would this help my cold starts? Or u already aware of these addresses and already increased enrichment on crank?

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
@TME_Steve would this help my cold starts? Or u already aware of these addresses and already increased enrichment on crank?

This table is one of the ~12 tables we change in the flex code.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
This table is one of the ~12 tables we change in the flex code.
I don't have flex. I'm just running straight e85?

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
But can you tell if there are more enrichment factors than the ones i've written about? Your flex code is intepolating those two? Is the another one (1155c) a decaying enrichment or always present?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
115f0 is cranking additional pulse vs temp
1155c is main enrichment vs temp
1162e is accel enrichment vs temp
You should be able to get it pretty good adjusting those three.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
All of those change in our flex code

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
What I don't get is that after ALL THESE YEARS, these discussions about what table does what are still happening. Why can't just have public defs files shared.

Yes, excluding the E85 stuff, naturally. But FFS, what is it with the community where nobody wants to finish up and upload the def file!!

I will add that I would LOVE to work on this. I will happily finish BCX's overview document, get a nice base def file set up for everyone to download with all the right help text and descriptions.

Right now it's just in limbo and if I want to work on it is anyone going to help me? Answer questions? I really have no idea if I'll get a friendly smile or the door shut in my face.

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
Thanks for the info Steve. I was under the impression that 1155c controls enrichment JUST after startup and decays fast. This is one big issue with E85. Even with bigger injectors car starts but stalls right away. Making 1155c bigger helps the engine not to stall but clearly it runs way too rich now before closed loop. Now we must try to just add more fuel to the actual primer and hope it doesn't stall. One other theory: Stalling right away could be result of too much fuel???

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
Has anyone found anything on fan control. We think that fans should start earlier as some vr4 engines seem to have overheating issues. Are the fans programmed to operate only when vehicle is still? Has anyone any idea of temperature control points?

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
Ok the fan control was discovered in the club vr4.

What about 2byte airflow, doesnt work with standard evo scan request?

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
If I understood correctly, 2-byte airflow is MUT04=F0D2 MUT05=F0D3 and then it should work. Will test today. (depending on which rom you have)

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Has anyone found anything on fan control. We think that fans should start earlier as some vr4 engines seem to have overheating issues. Are the fans programmed to operate only when vehicle is still? Has anyone any idea of temperature control points?

yep, been meaning to release a new version of the defs. Have got heaps of extra stuff that I've found like TCL, fan duty cycles, etc etc

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Ok the fan control was discovered in the club vr4.

Will check it out against what I've got and release new ver of the defs.

Top Bottom