BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
If I understood correctly, 2-byte airflow is MUT04=F0D2 MUT05=F0D3 and then it should work. Will test today. (depending on which rom you have)

I can check out the airflow ram location when i get home unless you try it out before then?

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
Needs some rescaling...I think. Gives about 10 times too small values...but seems to work

kc427

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
KC
Drive
VR4
For the fan control, we can add this into the official xml:

<table name="Thermo Fan Duty" category="Miscellaneous" address="124b0" type="3D" level="2" swapxy="true" scaling="Percent (128)">
<table name="Conditions" type="Static X Axis" elements="9">
<data>Main Fan 0-50kph</data>
<data>Main Fan 50-80kph</data>
<data>Main Fan 80->>kph</data>
<data>A/C Fan 0-50kph</data>
<data>A/C Fan 50-80kph</data>
<data>A/C Fan 80->>kph</data>
<data>Main+A/C 0-50kph</data>
<data>Main+A/C 50-80kph</data>
<data>Main+A/C 80->>kph</data>
</table>
<table name="Engine Temp" address="2d0d6" type="Y Axis" elements="12" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

And we can use Evoscan, request ID 84 to show the Thermo Fan Duty.

Ref; http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?75954-Radiator-Fan-Duty-cycle-map

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
What I don't get is that after ALL THESE YEARS, these discussions about what table does what are still happening. Why can't just have public defs files shared.

Yes, excluding the E85 stuff, naturally. But FFS, what is it with the community where nobody wants to finish up and upload the def file!!

I will add that I would LOVE to work on this. I will happily finish BCX's overview document, get a nice base def file set up for everyone to download with all the right help text and descriptions.

Right now it's just in limbo and if I want to work on it is anyone going to help me? Answer questions? I really have no idea if I'll get a friendly smile or the door shut in my face.

Std rom disassembly has kinda gone off or radar but then again, every time we look at the defs and see the mess they're in bcx and i both say we should fix them up. There is a plan though. May happen soon even. It's bills thing though

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
I'm in the process of setting up this: https://vr4.foxbcx.net. Same source code as http://evo.ripnet.us at the moment, but plan to tweak it.

At the moment getting the current XMLs uploaded, and then will grant whoever wants access to edit as we go.

Don't expect the site to be super quick, it's running on a overclocked raspberry pi at the moment. If speed is a problem, I've got a spare Dell PowerEdge R720 with dual Xeons lying around, but didn't want to commit to using it just yet unless this takes off.

Was also planning to create/host a wiki, and a whole bunch of other stuff. This something people are interested in?

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Std rom disassembly has kinda gone off or radar but then again, every time we look at the defs and see the mess they're in bcx and i both say we should fix them up. There is a plan though. May happen soon even. It's bills thing though

Yep, exactly... there is a heap of stuff found, but not published... I personally don't have the time, that's why I think it would be good to get a collaborative effort going with https://vr4.foxbcx.net

The defs will always been clean, the latest will always be available for all to download, and if anyone finds/confirms something, then it can be updated in one place.

Kaldek

2 AYC Bars
Premium Member
First Name
Ed
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Manual, Ford Territory family runabout, BMW K1300R.
Was also planning to create/host a wiki, and a whole bunch of other stuff. This something people are interested in?
Well I'm super interested. I'll also happily write content for it (assuming I know what the hell I'm talking about).

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
I'm in the process of setting up this: https://vr4.foxbcx.net. Same source code as http://evo.ripnet.us at the moment, but plan to tweak it.

At the moment getting the current XMLs uploaded, and then will grant whoever wants access to edit as we go.

Don't expect the site to be super quick, it's running on a overclocked raspberry pi at the moment. If speed is a problem, I've got a spare Dell PowerEdge R720 with dual Xeons lying around, but didn't want to commit to using it just yet unless this takes off.

Yeees Bill I am very interested. BTW can you tell us how do we identify our ecurom id? A friend said we cant just use other vr4 ecurom to flash the ecu because of ecurom id is different, but i ve flash mines ecurom to my ecu with no problem, anybody can explain to me about this issue?

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
I can check out the airflow ram location when i get home unless you try it out before then?

FD02 and FD03 are master loads...at least in my case. 2-byte airflow is F0FC&F0FD
2-byte load uncomp F0C8&F0C9

My rom is originally Kenneth's 1.03 with our own flexifuel mods and maybe SD in the (not so distant)future....

Standard vr4 reaches about 1100-1300 Hz, mine reaches nearly 2200 Hz. There is a point at 5500 where the maf Hz doesn't rise so quickly anymore. But still it rises all the way to the redline.

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
Again: 2-byte airflow is F0FC&F0FD

Next time I see someone claiming high power numbers with stock turbos I wanna hear some proof. Maybe the maximum Maf Hz in 2byte mode would be sufficient. Otherwise I just won't believe.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Hi Lauri, what is this for :

2-byte airflow is F0FC&F0FD

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
Hi Lauri, what is this for :

2-byte airflow is F0FC&F0FD

Insert those two byte airflow addresses to MUT table 04 and 05. you have to write them 0xF0FC and 0xF0FD. Then just log 2-byte airflow with evoscan. Standard airflow logging is maxxed out at 1600 Hz.
And 2-byte load goes to MUT 00 and MUT 01 ( this isn't necessary but gives a non compensated value for load)

Grid

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomasz
Drive
Legnum 6A13TT, Galant 6A13
Yep, exactly... there is a heap of stuff found, but not published... I personally don't have the time, that's why I think it would be good to get a collaborative effort going with https://vr4.foxbcx.net

The defs will always been clean, the latest will always be available for all to download, and if anyone finds/confirms something, then it can be updated in one place.
Any progress on this? Or just to share what you have so that we could put it on BitBucket for people to comment on, update and fork

Grid

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomasz
Drive
Legnum 6A13TT, Galant 6A13
Personally I can contribute I've made sense of "Coil Dwell Settings 1,2,3"

<table name="Ignition Coil, Dwell Time Correction 2" category="Ignition Parameters" address="11fd6" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Percent (128)">
<table name="Battery Voltage" address="2cec4" type="Y Axis" elements="9" scaling="Volts18_16bit"/>
</table>

<table name="Ignition Coil, Dwell Time" category="Ignition Parameters" address="11fba" type="2D" level="1" scaling="CoilTime_8bit">
<table name="Volts" address="2cec4" type="Y Axis" elements="9" scaling="Volts18_16bit"/>
</table>

<scaling name="CF256" units="Correction Factor" toexpr="x/256" frexpr="x*256" format="%.3f" min="0" max="2" inc="0.05" storagetype="uint8" endian="big"/>

<table name="Ignition Coil, Dwell Time Reduction Factor" category="Ignition Parameters" address="11fc8" type="2D" level="1" scaling="CF256">
<table name="Battery" address="2cec4" type="Y Axis" elements="9" scaling="Volts18_16bit"/>
</table>

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Updated the Defs recently.

New link in the second post of this thread.

Unknown tables without correct scaling are included in this, post here if you have a suggestion for the unidentified tables and will update and repost.
Or if there's missing tables.

I'll scout through previous posts in this thread and make sure everything is captured, and credit as required.

Cheers,
Bill

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Updated the Defs recently.

New link in the second post of this thread.

Unknown tables without correct scaling are included in this, post here if you have a suggestion for the unidentified tables and will update and repost.
Or if there's missing tables.

I'll scout through previous posts in this thread and make sure everything is captured, and credit as required.

Cheers,
Bill

Hi Bill. Going there but no file on ur link, has been removed?

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Hi Bill. Going there but no file on ur link, has been removed?
Try again, fixed the link.

PS. There's a few tables with incorrect offset applied like mut, fans, etc. Will have this sorted soon. My tool to produce the XML doesnt consider that static axis don't need offset applied. From a disassembly perspective, the tables have a header which ecuflash ignores/doesn't need.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
PS. There's a few tables with incorrect offset applied like mut, fans, etc. Will have this sorted soon. My tool to produce the XML doesnt consider that static axis don't need offset applied. From a disassembly perspective, the tables have a header which ecuflash ignores/doesn't need.

This should be fixed now. Link updated.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
Added more goodies, fixed some other stuff. Updated link.

Top Bottom