Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Hi guys, I have just noticed this and would be interested in the new year.
I am noticing more and more that my car either likes to push on throttle or back off and stomp it to get the ass out and cnr'ing. Any reco's on the best way to fix this? Would these anti roll bars work? Sorry I have parts 1,2 and 4 of the HPI story so missed the sway bar bit :)

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Not sure

Is there a ralliart equivalent?

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
There are a heap of brands in Japan that offer Anti-roll bars and all sorts of under body bracing to stop flex, roll and stuff.
I was under the impression that there was a limited run of TME VR-4's?? If this is true you would have to assume that they had uprated suspension.
See if you can chase a tune house in Japan called PRO-S, they actually had a VR-4 as a test mule for many years and did sus work aswell as performance and I think some body kits, I know they exist but can't find them others may have better luck

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
No such thing as a TME VR-4, where did you get that thing from?

Pro's did do a coilover kit but I'm not sure about antiroll bars

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
I was pretty sure I read it somewhere. Probably just a magazine calling a modified car that (Thats how the R32 got named GODZILLA, because an Australian car mag called it that). The pics I saw was a Galant with EVO VI Style bonnet, front bar and rear spoiler, it was red with EVO VI 1/2 TME stripes.
Looked pretty cool :-P

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Yes and you guys will be paying full price now:ROFLMAO:

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I would imagine so, give them a call

G

Unregistered
I phoned them up today.
Front 24mm adjustable RRP$275 Part Number SMF701A
Rear 27mm adjustable RRP$275 Part Number SMR701A

As they are a distributor they said try Pedders suspension or Repco to order them.
OR if you can order them through a business they will be cheaper and can then order from them. Something like that.
I'll update with a trade price and hope to order some this month.

They can be made in about 3 days she said.

Hey Simon what setting have you got yours on?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Softest on front and back

G

Unregistered
If you can get them trade or get someone you know to order them then they will be about $195 each. So anywhere from $195-$275 each.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Hey jungle, so how much of a difference do they make compaire to a stock set?

I can't comment on that, i don't have stock suspension either so it's really a moot point.

Is it better- yep heaps but it really depends on what you like. As i said to Emanuel, you need to set them bars up to what you like. Try them on different settings and see how it goes. We;ve all got different tyres and that will effect it as well.

Try this.

front middle- rear softest. If it understeers go 1 harder rear.
If still understeers, go 1 harder on rear, if still under steers go hardest. If still understeers, go 1 softer on front., if still understeer you need to revise your spring rates.

Conversely front middle, rear softest with over steer, go hardest on front,
if still over steer revise your spring rates.

Hope that helps.

G

Unregistered
hi all

I wonder if any of you guys can help me. I placed an order with Superior Suspension last year and paid for a custom roll bar which I needed shipping to me here in the UK. I've just called to confirm payment for the shipping and been told they have gone into liquidation.
Does anyone have any other details? Are Matt & Gary still around anywhere?

Sorry to post here, but its one of the only searches google returned which had anything to do with cars!

Ian

G

Unregistered
thank you - great post!
Fingers crossed they can find my special order and have it shipped.

Ian

Top Bottom