[EOI] NSW - Home mechanics day, hosted by US! Date TBA

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Sounds great! Having "experts" in certain areas will help a lot.

Also, someone to go over how to change all of your consumable may be handy (Oils, wiper blades etc) for people who have never done it before.

The how to section will be flooded after this haha

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
I have a thought...... "the geriatric" with the video camera for how to guides with HD Video footage, also stills as well..... I nominate him....

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I'm just picturing a row of VR-4s still in pieces at 2am the following morning...

:D

Maybe you should schedule it for a long weekend, and somewhere with enough room for people to camp out!

I know whenever I attempt something it takes 3-4 times longer than I'd planned.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Do it in Tamworth and I can get access to a workshop (For cash) with hoist's tools etc?

Then maybe we can ACTUALLY have a qld/nsw meet lol

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Well, if in Sydney I'm happy to join just for company LOL.. Just watch and learn haha..

There isn't really anything I need done to my car at the moment.. :)

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Well, if in Sydney I'm happy to join just for company LOL.. Just watch and learn haha..

There isn't really anything I need done to my car at the moment.. :)

I nominate Tom to pull his front and rear seats out, detail the interior and engine bay...

I have found so much money which has fallen between the seats etc. when doing this on old VWs... Like finding buried treasure....Aarrr me Hearties....

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Further thought Dawso, with some of the proposed topics, we'll probably need parts. I wonder if we should poll requirements too for group buys for relevant days and have available. Watcha think?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I'm actually booking the Super in next week for a MAJOR service at MEEK.

That way I can bring my car & show you all how everything SHOULD be done HAHAHAHAHAHA oh boy I'm just sooo funny... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Think it's time for bed now.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Further thought Dawso, with some of the proposed topics, we'll probably need parts. I wonder if we should poll requirements too for group buys for relevant days and have available. Watcha think?

Not a bad idea. We could base our meets around service intervals perhaps? Save on oils + essentials if we group buy them! :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I nominate Tom to pull his front and rear seats out, detail the interior and engine bay...

I have found so much money which has fallen between the seats etc. when doing this on old VWs... Like finding buried treasure....Aarrr me Hearties....

HAHA okay awesome!

Also, the money tray under where the radio is, well, I have money come out BEHIND the tray while it was closed haha.. so it wont shut properly lol

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
well great ideas here. i need few things to do like plugs and AYC oil change. However, i do not have much to return to you guys. Maybe to watch and learn. well, i will offer my labour to polish other peoples cars~

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
You have had half your dash. I bet some members haven't :)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
#1 on the list should be me filming Dawso replace ALL the headlight globes without moving the headlights themsleves !

If he does it, he gets a case of beer.

G

Unregistered
I thought I was the only idiot here who had to remove the headlights to do the globes properly... :)

I think I changed them while I had my front bar off though, can't remember...

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
We can fix my front bar? hehe

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
OK, enough chat.......

Lets get it organised...

Date??????????????????????

Top Bottom