EOI: Queensland Flash tune day by Merlin in August

G

Unregistered
EOI: UPDATE Queensland Flash tune day by Merlin 7th August

All,

Have been speaking to Dave (Merlin) and if we could get 4 people together with 7202 or 7203 chips in the ecu (for how to find out follow link removing ecu) who want to get a flash tune in Brisbane / Gold Coast then he would travel up and do his magic (y)like he did for these guys:

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?9249-Our-ECU-Flash-Tune-Day-With-Merlin

I am currently planning for early / mid August and have a potential venue in mind in Brisbane although this is not confirmed so if anyone else has suggestions please let me know. If you are keen pm me for further details and put your name down on the list....

1. Tim (timster)
2. Paul (uncle paulie)
3. Jamie (lyrikvr4)
Reserve 1.
Reserve 2.

Update: Date confirmed

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I'll come up to watch and hang around like a bad smell lol.

Can i just urge all that may be thinking of spending a handful of hundreds on any other mods please look into this mod as an option FIRST. Value for money, flashing the ECU would have to be the next best mod to a boost controller.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
If they can afford both it would be even better, from what Dave was saying to me, he really recommends getting at least an intercooler first as he found it to be a big restriction in my car, decent quality boost controller and plumb back bov are good idea's also.

Just having your car in good shape is a good idea if your gonna go in for a tune as well, if you have overdue servicing such as spark plugs/leads you should have it sorted before hand.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
I'll come up to watch and hang around like a bad smell lol.

Can i just urge all that may be thinking of spending a handful of hundreds on any other mods please look into this mod as an option FIRST. Value for money, flashing the ECU would have to be the next best mod to a boost controller.

if you are planning on doing those other mods at some point though, it is worth doing before the flash. otherwise to get it reflashed with all your other mods your looking at the same money again.

i think someone suggested that if you were planning on doing breathing mods (intake, exhaust) get them all done before the flash

G

Unregistered
Some sound advice there - Like these guys have said to get the most out of the day; as a minimum install a good manual boost controller prior is recommended eg Turbo XS and if you are thinking of other mods best to do them prior if cashflow and financial controllers ;) allow. As Chris says Dave's advice is look at the intercooler first...Also recommended to upgrade plugs (gapped at 0.8mm) leads and service coil packs prior as these have been shown to raise issues after tune is carried out and engine demands more from them. Also worth looking at replacing stock BOV as we know these can be pretty leaky with age - EVO ones makes good swap. If you're not sure where to source these items have a search through the forums - plenty of info out there!

Trevor - you're welcome mate - I tore my ECU out when Chris was looking doubtful for your day and found that I had the 7202 :), by that time though Chris had sorted out his oil filter thread woes!!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
tim, send me a cost figure too please, thanks bro

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
yeh mang!..well not yet, should be here monday,

i got a 7203 off tomtom

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
How about tuning Haltech Interceptors - is that a completely different ballgame?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Wes, from speaking with Dave last time, he would prefer to tune the factory ECU

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Wes, dont you have a FL? so most probably you have a 7202 or 7203.. either of them are more than enough for tuning.. no need for the haltech.. sell it if I were you.. then use the $$$ for tuning..

G

Unregistered
How about tuning Haltech Interceptors - is that a completely different ballgame?

Wes - not sure would have to ask Merlin directly about this. As Christian says if you have a FL odds are you have a 7202 or 7203 I have a late PFL with a 7202. AFAIK (and that ain't much to be honest) If you can flash the ECU this is much simpler (and cheaper) solution than piggy back / replacement as you can retain factory setting for other areas...

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Have you checked yours Tim? If you aren't very late 97 then you will be 7201

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
OK, I will have to check my ECU sometime soon. I already purchased my Interceptor a while back but have not gotten around to installing it, so selling it might be an option.

I have been trying to do some searching on the forums about our ECUs. In a document written by Merlin, he said at the time that only 7202 can be flashed. Have there been updates since then which have included 7203? I went to the ECUFlash website, but was not successful in finding out that info.

Top Bottom