Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Best of luck with the tune day guys!! Wish I could have been there :(

G

Unregistered
I thought I would come up around lunch time or just after, give Dave some time to get into you guys computers first. I might have to drop the wife in Brisbane to do some shopping, she loves china town. I dont think you have given me the address yet, can you pm that to me please?

Chris pm sent

G

Unregistered
Sorry to but in- but is this tuning on the fly with a wide-band 02 sensor or just a generic flash and tweaking to suit mods?

dre

Dre, pretty sure tuning using a wide band o2 sensor, Merlin or guys who had previous tune could confirm

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
Guys,
if someone brings a laptop AND printer + paper, I will print out power and torques for you.
Would need to have a spare usb port to transfer the files via memory stick.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Heck yes!

Oh and sorry for the late reply Tim, but i will be there in the arv. Maybe 2? Is that OK?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
trev! let down

anyone hav a laptop/printer?

G

Unregistered
Guys,
if someone brings a laptop AND printer + paper, I will print out power and torques for you.
Would need to have a spare usb port to transfer the files via memory stick.

Will have...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Hey Dave, with this 'tickle' do you need my car to do a run or will it be just an update to the fan temp trigger?!

reason for this, my tires are scaring me right now and need to replace it on Monday..

also, I can't make it in the morning, got stuff to do and need my sleep (currently on grave shift) so, is it ok if I come around at around 2pm?!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
so guys.. how did everything turn out? sorry I had to bail, had to pick up my gf and have work too :(

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Gave my car a good run on some windy roads this at 6am this morning and it was running very well, could of just been the nice fresh morning air or could of been the updates to my tune, maybe a combination of both :p
I think the day went pretty well really apart from a few problems encountered with Paul and Tims cars. Hope it all gets sorted Paul, I know how annoying having a miss fire problem is.
Jamies car was a surprise, his BOV, POD filter and dodgy plumbing didn't cause Dave any problems. So Jamies tune went quite well apart from high intake temps which are probably caused by that POD not being shielded or anything?

G

Unregistered
My car certainly runs a lot better - smoother and stronger at high revs. During tune it was acting as if it was leaking boost / spiking more than would be expected with the mods I have so Dave couldn't explore exactly how much we could load it up - Got up to 20 pound at one point but this wasn't translating into the power that would be expected :001_huh:.

Have tightened everything up further and changed a hose but didn't find any obvious culprit and haven't had chance to take for a good drive yet (plus have been sleeping - long day for me yesterday!). Any other suggestions of what could lead to this kind of behaviour would be appreciated - let the search begin!

Of the others I know Paulie had some coil pack probs but Jamie's car was the wild card with the vta bov and pod leaving Dave not expecting too much prior to tune but it pulled up a treat....

Thanks again Dave for making the trip and your expertise and hope you caught that plane!!!

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
Hey Tim,
Thank you for a well organised tune-day, pretty good venu.
Yes, I did catch the plane, despite the security girl wanting to sniff me for god-knows-what.
I will review Tims log files and see if I can find an answer.

Paulie, another victim of the dredded weak/faulty coil/lead syndrome - damm.

Jamie, surprise packet there. And talk about lucky, rocks-up, he and Christian bolt a HID boost controller on, no adjustment, almost dead flat 15psi, thank you very much. Wow!
And pulls something wicked...
Pitty about the pod though, another example of intake air temps 30* higher than they should be.
The really interesting find though was his car, with the VTA-BOV, did not seem to be upsetting the ECU / MAF.
Further, it did (apparently) eliminate the usual lift-off knock that is a common effect with the Evos and VR4s.
Maybe its the model, or physical location, or spring pressure, or vacume tapping point used, dont know, but it worth further investigation.
So, Jamie, post the details of type/spring pressure and plumbing please.

If or when there is a next session, maybe make it a two day thing, so we can spend more time on the problems and give the already tuned guys a chance to catch-up with any developments etc.

Dave

Top Bottom