[EOI] Rear Strut Brace.. New for >$150

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I'd say I'll have brace ends done before chrissy currently. Depends on how long the vendors turn around the bits.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I have a paypal .AU account I have only used it to receive funds once. They bend you over pretty bad on fee's from memory.

However it is probably easiest I guess.

Anyhow I'll let you know once there done and I can give a real price.
I'll make a thread in buy and sell.

G

Unregistered
fees arnt to bad now. ive been using mine a fair bit.
bank fees are far worse

cool, set aside a set for me as ill definately take a pair

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
What colour will they be?
It's not the cost of electro I was worried about it more that it wont be black, lol

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Jason they will be gold. You can easily paint over the electro plating with black once you receive them.

I can probably leave your brace bar un-finished as it's goign to be a special anyhow.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Hugh, have you got a photo of the complete product?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
No, neither do I have a final price.

I'm still nailing down what section to use for the brace bar.

The end's will look exactly the same as the cusco ones but in gold not blue.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Can't wait to see them all finished. Gold will be fine hugh. Why is mine gunna be special??

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Because you want it adjustable.

The rest will be a cusco clone which wont be and will be a billion times easier.

I hope an extra $50>70 depending on how long it takes to make wont be a problem :|

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
No mate, not a problem. As I said I wont be too flush till about the middle-end of Jan.
Let me know if this is okay and we can go from there

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
That's cool jason! I will make up the std. ones first then.

The brace ends are the hard part / what internationals want so that's the place to start.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Absolutely mate. Sort out those in a hurry first. Hit us up with some pics when you have it sorted. +1 for PayPal too if thats cool, I will pay extra to cover PP costs

G

Unregistered
hey matey i only just found this thread !! can i put a order in ?? thanks mate

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
I am almost a certain purchase for a pair of the ends, maybe a bar as well depending on what you use, and its impact on postage cost. I used a length of rectangular aluminium hollow section in a previous car about 50 x 25mm, very rigid. Looked bland mind you. But Im convinced the bar has to have virtually 0 flex to be effective. a large hollow section will do this better than a thin solid one, and be lighter. (maybe a "T" section in thick aluminium?)

Also i suggest you keep the tolerance on the bolt holes nice and tight, id rather file out a hole or 2 a smidge to make it snug fit , than have the thing move around under load, and loose tension.

Really pleased to see this come up...good one hugh! You will sell plenty over time.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Sorry lads the parts got left at the laser cutters by the guy who picked up last they have been ready for a while and I have been slack.

Anyhow hopefully they will get to me this week. Can't see anything happeneing until the week starting the 5th though.

I'll keep you posted. Good things come to those who wait.. lol

Hard work pays off tomorrow.... procrastination pays off today.. :)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Have you checked that these will fit a Galant? Asking for Jason mainly... I picked up a rear strut brace from elsewhere and after removing the rear seat I can't see any possible way of fitting a rear strut brace to a Galant. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though...

G

Unregistered
does not fit a galant w/o cutting,

also no point of having one in the galant, as it has stucture behind the rear seat anyway,
and has a stiffer rear end than the legnum because of it.

Top Bottom