[EOI] Rear Strut Brace.. New for >$150

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Thanks for that Tim :)

Carsten, I only wanted it for show as much as anything else but now I am not so sure if there is cutting involved

G

Unregistered
dunno how major the cutting is,
its something the japs do,

I've never seen anyone in nz/uk/oz with a rear strut brace on a galant

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Hugh, after some research based on what these guys have said, there is a fair bit of cutting to fit to a Galant so I will give it a miss. Sorry if this stuffs you about mate

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Nah doesn't matter mate.

As far as cutting it would probably just be the moudled carpet which covers the top of the shocks wouldn't it?

Anyhow no worries either way. Pretty close to next week guys. I'll let you know when progress occurs.

G

Unregistered
sadly not, its metal that gets in the way during install.
apparently not structural, but without having a galant or the brace, can say for sure

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Just did a little research to figure out what the hell this actually is... was getting confused between this and and sway bars, found the thread with some photos of the sway bars (thanks carsten) and it all became clear... anyway now I understand and if it will help with handling and easy to install, then count me in also. I reckon this in combination with anti sway bars front and back and teins should really make a difference.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
sadly not, its metal that gets in the way during install.
apparently not structural, but without having a galant or the brace, can say for sure

That's right, there's metal (basically a wall) stretching between the strut tower and the parcel shelf. It looks pretty solid and substantial so I'd be guessing that, even if it is not strictly structural, it would lend a certain degree of stiffness to the shell. My guess would be that cutting it to fit a brace would be counter productive.

G

Unregistered
That's right, there's metal (basically a wall) stretching between the strut tower and the parcel shelf. It looks pretty solid and substantial so I'd be guessing that, even if it is not strictly structural, it would lend a certain degree of stiffness to the shell. My guess would be that cutting it to fit a brace would be counter productive.

so are you only talking about the galant here or are you talking about fitting to the legnum sorry its either the lack of sleep or the excess coffee that i cant get my head around wat you mean lol !

so hows it going along ? still keen as , im sure this as well as up graded sway bars will lead to a great combination

looking forward to bolting it up

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
Galant only Legnum is fine

G

Unregistered
Yea whats going on are they nearly ready?
Is there a final price?
Are you in mass production yet?

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
putting up my hand for one :)

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
UPDATE:

Really sorry lads it's been pretty hectic recently we have moved factory this week and I have been busy apart from the 9-5.

I have the laser cut profiles.
I spent an hour having a go at making a set and discovered I need to spend a bit of time making up some jig's etc. so I can do a run of them without any hassles.

So Yes I have been in action. No they are not ready.

Our fabrication should be up and running in the new premisis this week or early next. So I will be able to put some more time into it soon.

Apologies for the delay. I need to give this project a little more love than it is getting.

Expect an update within 2 weeks. Thanks for the push Gly, anyone is welcome to hassle me in 2 weeks regarding this... but I've have bunged some time into outlook to spend on it.

Later lads.

Hugh.

G

Unregistered
great stuff, im in no hurry, just wanted to know if this was still happening :)

Top Bottom