External Wastegate... Screamer piping

blair141

Idling at the Lights
First Name
blair
Drive
1996 galant vr4
i went back to the muffler shop today. will be piking it up tomorrow. they were just putting guards back on. man it looks awsome. custom dump pipes. and two open pipes sticking down haha. will let you no what it sounds like tomorrow

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
hey blair so have u picked up your car yet??? wanna know what its like. was talking to my mates bout doing this when i first got my legnum as they have Silvias and have them on there. but thought it would sound shit

blair141

Idling at the Lights
First Name
blair
Drive
1996 galant vr4
holy dam they sound insane. haha. they are LOUD. and pretty cool. 1st gear they come on pretty quick haha.
if your thinking about this... u have to. its awsome. dropped a psi of boost now though.
will try get pics/videos this wkend if can get hold of camera

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
sweet cant wait wanna do it to mine if it sounds good. i really wanna hear it

blair141

Idling at the Lights
First Name
blair
Drive
1996 galant vr4
i got flaanges with bridges in them made up. looked awsome. then took it to muff shop. they made em up and yea. went there today asked if they took it for a test. they were like no no no theyre ilegal. haha. so warmed her up and gated all over the place. now my tank is nearly empty haha

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Yeah they are usually crazy loud... I have a screamer pipe on my supra, sounds fkn awesome in combination with the GT35R and the tial 44mm external waste gate.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
I'll do it when I do the single turbo upgrade, don't see much point on doing it with the stock turbos on there unless you never plan on changing. It does sound AWESOME though! :D

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Someone say screamers?

polished.jpg

Here's a vid of my old E39A VR4- GT3071R, TiAL 38mm gate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mxeZ1zbSms

Made oldies jump off the ground in fear/shock..........!

Single turbo screamers FTW......

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Hehe, that is cool.

I remember when I first had my VR-4 when it was completely stock, my friend had a Galant Type V with a pair of 38mm externals, that thing sounded absolutely nuts and went bloody well too. I still don't see much point in externals with the stock turbos though.

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
Sorry to sound stupid!.
Loooking for answers. Does the stock 6A13TT turbos have external or internal wastegates?

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
Thanks Tim!
No I can tune my EBC on the correct setting! LOL

Top Bottom