Fresh Bays! Show us your engine bay

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
I am confused, mainly with regard to the box on the RHS. I assume it's an airbox with pod like mine, but I can't see where it feeds into the MAF.

Maybe it's just late and I'm stupid haha.
Battery is in the boot. Box is to make it not so obvious to police that there is no longer a battery in the engine bay. And to hide a bit of a wiring mess and the battery kill switch. My airbox has a duct that draws air from beneath behind the LH fog light.

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
Ah makes sense! Do you have any future plans for that spot? Otherwise doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of battery relocation?

Note: Your battery in the boot setup is dope af regardless :)

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
Will be getting a few things powder coated before the new engine goes in, so I'll have to update when that's done.

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
My painter sent me this photo today. Fresh lick of pearl white over the whole bay making it look 100x better than it did.

If I were you, i would like to repaint the engine bay with solid black regardless what your car color actually is. i think white/silver color for engine room is very bad idea. it will discolor so quick due to age and heat make it look even worse than before, not to mention sticky oily finger that touch almost everything when work with the engine on board.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
If I were you, i would like to repaint the engine bay with solid black regardless what your car color actually is. i think white/silver color for engine room is very bad idea. it will discolor so quick due to age and heat make it look even worse than before, not to mention sticky oily finger that touch almost everything when work with the engine on board.

Black engine bays look crap on cars that aren't black in my opinion.
By your logic no-one should ever paint their car black on the outside because its a hard colour to keep clean. Painting it black to hide imperfections is just plain lazy.

You're going to have have a heat attack when you see my white rocker covers. And the white wheels and white brake calipers on my other VR4. :LOL:

tmp_11576-20160723_1348181341872892.jpg
tmp_11576-20151004_1152412080232610.jpg

thatjdmguy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
michael
Drive
Vr4

seriously????

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
Black engine bays look crap on cars that aren't black in my opinion.
By your logic no-one should ever paint their car black on the outside because its a hard colour to keep clean. Painting it black to hide imperfections is just plain lazy.

You're going to have have a heat attack when you see my white rocker covers. And the white wheels and white brake calipers on my other VR4. :LOL:

Bha ha ha ha you are really fans on white thing you should wash your car every time the car meet the dirt. Dont get me wrong, I love the white pearl color but I dont like to see in on engine bay and other surface that very often/easily stain with dirt , very hard to clean and made me upset hurry home to wash it.

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Currently what it looks like but might repaint the pipework soon to match my wheels
image.jpeg

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
^ I like the black pipes. But I'd definitely recommend painting the plenum and rocker covers. Apart from that looking really good.

Top Bottom