Fresh Bays! Show us your engine bay

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4 5 spd Manual
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
Project - Datsun 1600 Turbo rotary conv.
Brenton - I do love that super clean rocker cover :) FTO cover I take it? On my "to buy" list (^_^)

I've always admired a fresh, tidy engine bay over anything else :)

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
Brenton - I do love that super clean rocker cover :) FTO cover I take it? On my "to buy" list (^_^)

I've always admired a fresh, tidy engine bay over anything else :)
Thanks mate, it's just the standard rocker cover as far as I'm aware, scoured, degreased and painted with silver caliper paint. Same with intake manifold and throttle body. Plastic engine cover was missing when I bought vehicle I suspect due to poor fitting y pipe, have fixed that with a couple of cuts and silicone pipe.Blue ralliart oil and radiator caps are on their way.Will eventually replace intake pipe and plastic bend with 135 degree blue silicone and polished alloy. Fto cover to hide coil packs maybe in the future.

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
After the clutzy rego inspector leaned on and destroyed my stock engine cover I thought I would install this one that I imported from England about a year ago. Its painted fiberglass with stickers so We will see how long it lasts
rsz_img_0917.jpg

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
Na, Its only got stock boost

Rowie94

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
2008 Toyota Aurion ZR6

1998 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4

Yamaha FZ6R
Thinking of doing something a little different and painting the valve covers a metallic gold, with a gloss black plenum. Thoughts? Or would metallic purple blend better?

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
Thinking of doing something a little different and painting the valve covers a metallic gold, with a gloss black plenum. Thoughts? Or would metallic purple blend better?
I'm all for being different. Untill u see it in the flesh it's hard to judge a colour combination.

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2001 ADM Evo 6.5 Makinen Edition,
2001 Legnum VR-4 Type S Written off,
2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S Manual with 23,489km!!
Not much to show except a few red silicone hoses, a new plastic engine cover, a brand spanker Golpher and a bucketload of silicone spray!!
a little stock-ish looking.... ;)
20150819_160727_resized.jpg

Cameron McPherson

#Skids4Jesus
Lifetime Member
First Name
Cameron
Drive
1997 White Legnum VR4
2010 50cc Scooter - Daily
Not much to show except a few red silicone hoses, a new plastic engine cover, a brand spanker Golpher and a bucketload of silicone spray!!
a little stock-ish looking.... ;)

Looks great mate, really tidy!

Now all you need is to keep it looking stock, but heavily modify everything underneath, just to confuse Mr Officer.

BTW is that the intake silicon hose kit sold here on the forum? What do you think of it?

Brenton

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brenton
Drive
97 PFL legnum
DSC_0007~3.jpg
I
Oh my god who did that reducer Brenton?
Intake pipe? 2.5" 30 degree bend+ 2.75" 45 degree bend cut to length, I flared the 2.5" with pliers until it fit tightly about 5-10mm inside the 2.75". Sent it to the welder then filed/sanded weld with 80 to 240 on orbital sander. Then wet n dry 400-600 and polished with repo cutting compound using handheld buffing machine. Vacuum outlets are 8mm rc boat water inlet/outlets from eBay at under $2.00 each lol, used loctite on the threads.

Top Bottom