Fuel Consumption Figures - how to empty your 60L tank in style

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Got the results in from the last 3 months of fuel usage. Some of the notable stats:

- AVG fuel consumption for 3 months - 10.82 l/100 (long term avg is 10.83)
- $$$ spent on fuel - $1189.28
- Fuel used - 791.3 l

the one pleasing stat is that the price of fuel used/km has fallen from over 18 cents/km in August to around 12 and looks to continue falling.

The other interesting thing was i recently got to travel at 150 kph for around 100 kms (private road of course) and it did not have a statistically significant effect on fuel consumption for that tank.

BB out.

G

Unregistered
Got the results in from the last 3 months of fuel usage. Some of the notable stats:

- AVG fuel consumption for 3 months - 10.82 l/100 (long term avg is 10.83)
- $$$ spent on fuel - $1189.28
- Fuel used - 791.3 l

the one pleasing stat is that the price of fuel used/km has fallen from over 18 cents/km in August to around 12 and looks to continue falling.

The other interesting thing was i recently got to travel at 150 kph for around 100 kms (private road of course) and it did not have a statistically significant effect on fuel consumption for that tank.

BB out.

sitting on a constant speed will give you increased fuel economy, as the ecu will sit in closed loop mode, and the turbo's wont be creating boost due to being no load.

i managed to get 550km/50L travelling down to dunsborough, sitting on ~120 most of the way, and the odd foot down to over take.
that also included letting my ex-stagea owning mate get a feeling for it too. :)

G

Unregistered
Jase, it was Plaza Automatics....however i strongly recommend against using them them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
J-Spec Vr-4 1990, 2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Feul consumption

Anyone travelling from Canberra to Melbourne I was able to get from the top of Gundagai (BP-After dog on tuckerbox) to Melbourne. This is great I gave the car a bit of enthusiastic driving including passing a train of slower moving auto's in a short stretch of road which surprised the New HSV behind me. Otherwise it was speed limit all the way.

I filled up full tank of Higher Octane from BP (4gottn what is called - Ultimate) when I filled up in Melbourne I put in 58.1 L.

As mentioned before in this thread when the low fuel light comes on you get about 90k's with reasonalbe driving I would agree the light came on about 80 k's from home and as you can see there was a bit left in the tank.

Happy to see with a complete service an new air filter the car runs lots more efficient (if you look at my dyno chart in the forums you will see why I was concerned).

Fuel gages for Mitsi are all the same in my experience, I have two Vr4's an older one (1990) and have owned a magna each one use to hang for a while when full then drop considerably at the half to three quater mark.

The low fuel light gives you quite a bit of distance but for safety.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I got 410km from 57L on my second tank, a little less economical (first tank 350km/45L) now I'm driving it 'properly' after the first 500km run-in ;)

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
How many km's had you done to 58 litres?

If I remember correctly it was close to the 500k mark.

I believe I was at the 480km. I remember thinking that if I hit the 500 K mark that I would have to push. And I also thought that I could prolly make it the other 30 k to the city another 24 k away.

I just checked it on whereis and it is about right at 475 k's but that was to Gundagai and the tuckerbox servo is about 8.5 k out.

So I reckon we could get possibly around 500 to a tank on the hwy. Whats that per klm.

Gooch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bob
Drive
If I remember correctly it was close to the 500k mark.

I believe I was at the 480km. I remember thinking that if I hit the 500 K mark that I would have to push. And I also thought that I could prolly make it the other 30 k to the city another 24 k away.

I just checked it on whereis and it is about right at 475 k's but that was to Gundagai and the tuckerbox servo is about 8.5 k out.

So I reckon we could get possibly around 500 to a tank on the hwy. Whats that per klm.

I must also include that the car was fully laden with three kids and two adults the day was on and off with the weather However I would confidently do the melbourne to Gundagai run.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy

Been there, done that. (back in June)

509.1kms, 52.34ltrs = 10.3ltrs/100kms. BP Ultimate 98.
Included an 85km stretch from Mortlake to Hamilton on empty.
2 adults, dog and luggage in the car.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I thought we only had a 55 litre tank lol.... Seems some people tanks have stretched over time :ROFLMAO:

I've never run mine till EMPTY so i don't know :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
We have a 60 litre tank, the capacity is more like 62 litres though if you fill it all the way up the fill pipe.

G

Unregistered
Well mines still shit, approx 220 - 230kms to a tank even driving like a nanna. Needs plugs and o2 sensor changed me think . . .

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
my economy went shit when i replaced the o2 sensor.. from 450kms down to 350-380kms a tank :((

damian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Damian
Drive
2000 black legnum
Im getting about 250-280Km to a tank after new plugs & the compliance ait filter, and i drive like a granny most times. I have a new O2 sensor sitting on the shelf in the shed waiting to be fitted, hopefully that will fix the problem or Im gonna be a little bit peeved off.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Christian, interesting you say that. My fuel economy went to shit a while back, and this was due to what I believed was a fuel leak. However it was just before I changed my O2 sensor to the NGK item, and while fixing the fuel leak and fitting the new O2 sensor improved the economy a little, I feel i'm still getting poor economy. Wonder if the voltages aren't quite right out the magna O2 sensor for our cars? Bit like the aftermarket sensors the UK guys where having troubles with....

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Well mines still shit, approx 220 - 230kms to a tank even driving like a nanna. Needs plugs and o2 sensor changed me think . . .
Certainly be interesting to see how you fare after each change...
Don't forget the air filter
Air filters have to be changed at compliance, so it'll already be new. As for 'high-flow', I guarantee it won't make a whiff of difference.
my economy went shit when i replaced the o2 sensor.. from 450kms down to 350-380kms a tank :((
That's really interesting Chris! I think Lee's suggestion bears investigation. One thing I did notice about the NGK item is how much more restricted airflow to the sensor is compared to the OEM unit, but I've no idea if this makes any actual difference to its readings...

Dimi I'm running everything stock atm until I upgrade IC and exhaust, then I'll install the Interceptor & boost solenoid. I'm looking forward to see just how rich it's running stock...

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Filled mine up in Sydney yesterday for the drive back home (Canberrra) plus a little bit of driving around today. So far I have 330kms on the trip meter with the fuel gague 2 notches off empty. Put some injector cleaner in today so hopefully that will make a difference in the future.

Gary

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
well,some high way miles sydney to goulburn then through kangaroo valley to kiama back into kangaroo valley then back up to sydney with a lot of country roads. two bikes on the roof AC on and four people in the car for the return trip to sydney in the rain and got 465k on 48l. works out to be 10.2l/100k quite pleased actually.

Top Bottom