Fuel Consumption Figures - how to empty your 60L tank in style

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Will transfer my data to your page next week!

After installing the new O2 Sensor my fuel consumption droped from 13,5l/100km down to 11,48l/100km with my first tank on it! $29 well spent!

G

Unregistered
Through the gap in the join of the heatshields it looks like the pipe inside is a constant diameter. The bulges are where they allowed space to shove that heat proof matting stuff in behind.

quincy777

Crunching Gears
First Name
Cam
Drive
Legnum VR4
I just got 440km from 52 litres, with 199kw, mixed driving and definatly no cob-webs in the system anywhere. guess that is ok?

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Well thought I would get around to posting in here, after about 5000km of driving the new toy, I have actually been quite surprised at how good the economy has been.
Worst was 12.63 l/100km, which was the first tank (also included ecu reset, and Adelaides 45 degree heatwave week), since then it has dropped to mid 10's. Best has been 9.63 l/100 (which was mainly a 80-100km/h cruise down through Victor Harbour), and the average has been 10.53l/100 (over 5000km). Car is fairly stock, just cat back exhaust, pipercross panel filter, and a bit more boost. She is running fairly rich up top though, just came back from a dyno day, and AFR's are in the low 10's high in the rev range (off topic but 162.7awkw)
Will see how much of a difference the RPW front pipes and new metal cat make soon.

Oh yeah, should say it's manual.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I did 490km to 52 litres yesterday, 190km to 20 litres and 390km to 43 litres. I wasn't hanging around either, the last 390km took 4 hours, which doesn't sound impressive, but you go to aamaps.co.nz and have a look at the road between napier and gisborne, then to whakatane, talk about corners!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
To keep everyones fuel consumption figures in perspective my 63 Beetle uses 15.5l/100km and its only a 1.8. Its 3.5l/100km worse than my Legnum Auto

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I filled up Buladelah yesterday & got to Ballina before I refilled. I could have driven further, but wasn't sure where the next petrol station was...

That was a tad over 500kms. Most of the time was freeway cruising without the aircon on. I got shocked at the difference it makes to fuel consumption...

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
i think i get a crap tank of petrol this time around down to quarter tank and only done 200kms and iv been getting around 370 and i havent been heavy on the pedal, so bad lot of petrol i am thinking, the O2 sensor is on the way though so we will see what the change is once i have done that

G

Unregistered
I was seeing similar to you Jamie. New O2 sensor, plugs, leads and general servicing almost doubled my mileage.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
my car did just over14l per 100 k on my first tank of fuel which had a fair bit of spiriteddriving. well lots actually. so was a lot better than expected. when i went down south with majority highway cruising i was getting around the 10l/100k mark. only thing is my guage says im out and it only takesabout 42 litres to fill up, do the needles get stuck or anything?

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
yea thats god on the highway dude, i dont get any better economy on the highway, but hopefully the 02 sensor change will help with my fuel consumption

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
I was seeing similar to you Jamie. New O2 sensor, plugs, leads and general servicing almost doubled my mileage.

thats really good, i have done an oil change and that hasnt changed anything and i am going to be doing my o2 sensor soon as it is on the way...

how much did the leads and what not cost you, and did you put them in your self?

G

Unregistered
Leads were from ICE Ignitions, see this thread:

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2854

Plugs were NGK Iridium BKR6EIX from Repco and they had them in stock, just over $20 each I can't quite remember exactly. Actually, I don't want to remember! Bit pricey but you can do better through some people on here if you hunt around and can wait.

O2 sensor was the Repco clearance NTK unit for $30. Good luck finding one now if you haven't already scored one!

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Just used 52lt to fill after 603k's

Top Bottom