got a set of door sills!!!!

marksanne

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mark
Drive
1999 8G VR2 Galant & 1996 8G VR4 Galant
It took a while but I have found and bought a set of stainless steel Legnum door sills + rear bumper sill! I don't even have the Legnum shipped over yet, but within a couple of weeks the door sills will arrive!

Very, very happy to have found a set, as they are very hard to find. Oh and not to mention expensive... 285 usd...

Just wanted to share my moment of happiness here :)

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Congrats Mark! They do seem to be a bit of a rarity although I have seen a set for sale on Yahoo Japan. How long till the new car arrives?

marksanne

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mark
Drive
9 weeks until Leggie arrives @ rotterdam harbour (and probably another 4/5 weeks before legal stuff has been done & I can -officially- drive it).

Also bought a heap of stuff at the jap yahoo site for spareparts and nice upgrades for both the Legnum and the Galant VR2 (hopefully all will be in good condition)...

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
sounds nice. My Opa actually lives in Pijnacker, which i think is near delft? if you know where that is ;) Im pretty sure its not too far from rotterdam... i cant remember how long the drive was when i was there ;) we had an old DAF while we were over there, one of the passenger ones. fun car, though pretty slow hehe.. anyway sorry to get off topic, but what are the parts you're talking about? like where do they go?

marksanne

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mark
Drive
Opa! Nice you know the Dutch word for Grandpa!

Pijnacker, Delft & Rotterdam are all closeby (within a 20km zone of each other) but then... so are most of the towns/cities in the Netherlands :) (biggest distance you can travel is just over 250km I think)

Those little DAF passenger cars were quite something back in the days, whilst they had variomatic gears that allowed the cars to go just as fast forward as in reverse!!! Lots of stuff was done with/to those strange little cars.

About the extra stuff I ordered:

- full black leather interiour including doorcards
- leather streering wheel
- couple of sets of mid-console-dashboard trim (wood & carbon-look) -I want to experiment with putting black leather around one of these trim-sets instead of the standard wood one-
- a spare set of TD03 turbo's
- a new set of Legnum rear-bumper spoiler-add-on-thingies (quite rare)
- I don't know... perhaps some more stuff, it all depends on how easy all this stuff was available and affordable

G

Unregistered
Can you buy them seperaty, because I have dogs and they are scratching the s**t out of the rear bumper.

marksanne

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mark
Drive
almost never seperatly seen, at best you stumble once in a while on just the rear bumper sill, but these sills are all pretty rare stuff anyways.

Top Bottom